Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 4: Carlton vs North Melbourne in Hobart (Read 32093 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 4: Carlton vs North Melbourne in Hobart

Reply #30
I'll play devils advocate here. If there wasn't some anger amongst eachother after the game, then they don't have the hunger to play AFL football. If they were 'okay' with losing, i'd be more worried.

Sure, its not ideal that their might be some in-fighting, but there was some in-fighting at Geelong when Gary Ablett Jnr was first there. The playing group told him to pull his finger out....the rest is history.

Quote: I don't know the players but rather than engaging with outsiders after the game some bloke with a moustache turned to the other saying screw this let's get the fork away from this place. End quote.

Grief with other players is fine, flat out not wanting to be there is a bit more of an issue.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #31
We need to get a grip, Collingwood played well and kicked as straight as it's possible to kick and we lost by 4 goals, Matty Wright played his worst game for the club, we had a couple of kids playing their first few games and we lost Marchbank before half time.
Losing sucks but it's only round three, we'll come good sooner rather than later.
I haven't seen any signs of disharmony in the playing group and I take no notice of rumours.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #32
We need to get a grip, Collingwood played well and kicked as straight as it's possible to kick and we lost by 4 goals, Matty Wright played his worst game for the club, we had a couple of kids playing their first few games and we lost Marchbank before half time.
Losing sucks but it's only round three, we'll come good sooner rather than later.
I haven't seen any signs of disharmony in the playing group and I take no notice of rumours.
]I was just about to post something similar. After I realised the sun came up yesterday and today again, I decided I'll take a chill pill and relax. Not suggesting Im happy with the results, nor am I suggesting the players should be happy either. Rather, I gonna wait a week and see if the players can redeem some respect and atone for the 3 losses. Lots of factors at play here, its not as simple as we think.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #33

X2
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #34
]I was just about to post something similar. After I realised the sun came up yesterday and today again, I decided I'll take a chill pill and relax. Not suggesting Im happy with the results, nor am I suggesting the players should be happy either. Rather, I gonna wait a week and see if the players can redeem some respect and atone for the 3 losses. Lots of factors at play here, its not as simple as we think.

Well I am trying to relax and to just hang on to some hope that our rebuild will deliver the goods in two or three years. I have no expectations for this game and I'll just watch it on AFL Live in miniature and try to be a mere impartial observer.  :)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #35

Yeah, and we conceded 10 goals in a row without even a whimper....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #36

Agree.

Reply #37
Last weekend was about as disappointing and irritating as it can get. However: we had more scoring shots; we played poorly for much of the game and lost by 4 goals; our team structure isn't there yet and we have guys returning soon.
We have a chance this weekend to show something. I hope we can do it.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #38
We are 0-3 and dead last, there have been no positives in the last 2 weeks.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #39
For me it's not about losing to Collingwood or even if we lose to CheatsFC, it the way we conduct ourselves on the field.

I suspect we are playing a more attacking brand because of media pressure, all this 100pt rubbish, but we were closer to wins last season. We regularly scored in the 80 - 90pt range and lost by less than 3 goals, improve on last year by just by 2 or 3 goals and we win 9 or 10 games. The 100pt stuff is irrelevant!

I'm full of admiration for the Crows, they've stuck at their game plan and rubbished the trends and look solid as concrete so far.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #40
Last weekend was about as disappointing and irritating as it can get. However: we had more scoring shots; we played poorly for much of the game and lost by 4 goals; our team structure isn't there yet and we have guys returning soon.
We have a chance this weekend to show something. I hope we can do it.

More scoring shots , and more I50s too , I think.

Our main problem is in front of goal. We can't kick goals.
Switch things around a bit up there.
We are missing Picket too.
Give Kerr a go. He leads well, can take a mark and can kick straight.
Give Charlie a run on the ball and change him with Cripps at FF.

Anything, but do something unpredictable.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #41
More scoring shots , and more I50s too , I think.

Our main problem is in front of goal. We can't kick goals.
Switch things around a bit up there.
We are missing Picket too.
Give Kerr a go. He leads well, can take a mark and can kick straight.
Give Charlie a run on the ball and change him with Cripps at FF.

Anything, but do something unpredictable.

In fairness to the kids above, they are all you've talked about and the basis of your suggestions.

What do we do about the long term boat anchors?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #42
Yeah, and we conceded 10 goals in a row without even a whimper....

Which was bad, but Collingwood were kicking them from everywhere.
They kicked 16.4 and two of the points were posters, it's almost unheard of.
They had a day out and we were beaten by 4 goals, it wasn't the disaster some supporters think that it was.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #43
We still played in a manner far below basic expectations, let alone the expectations of anybody on this site.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #44
Which was bad, but Collingwood were kicking them from everywhere.
They kicked 16.4 and two of the points were posters, it's almost unheard of.
They had a day out and we were beaten by 4 goals, it wasn't the disaster some supporters think that it was.

Yes, no need to catastrophise.