Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 4: Carlton vs North Melbourne in Hobart (Read 32223 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 4: Carlton vs North Melbourne in Hobart

Reply #75
We need guys like Rowe back asap to help spread the load in regards to delivering the messages.

With due respect to Sam if our future success hinges on him playing in the seniors we are in more trouble than I thought.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #76
With due respect to Sam if our future success hinges on him playing in the seniors we are in more trouble than I thought.

It's only a temporary thing B4L, I don't think anyone is suggesting that the kids won't take over his role in the near future! It's about finding the right balance between development and performance.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #77
It's only a temporary thing B4L, I don't think anyone is suggesting that the kids won't take over his role in the near future! It's about finding the right balance between development and performance.

Selecting him would only be denying a young bloke experience in my opinion, I don't see what benefit it would be.
None of our tall defenders have played anywhere near 100 games apart from Jones and he's still a fair way off as well, we won't see the best of them for another year or two.
For a bit of perspective, Rance has played 180.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #78
If anyone doubts the older experienced heads showing the way simply look at a family,  any family with two kids or greater and note how much faster the youngest kids develope in comparison to the eldest.

In general but never always, have you ever watched Peaky Blinders, Arthur Shelby Snr was hardly a role model, and Thomas ran the family ahead of Arthur Jnr!

If we win this weekend, we will rocket up the ladder! ;D
The Force Awakens!

Reply #79
The Ox is slow.................

Reply #80
So, anyway....as this game is a home game for me.....anyone else coming over, or attending from down this way ?  Happy to put a face to a logon & meet up for a beer at the Clarence Hotel beforehand......along with about a thousand others  :D

cheers

Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #81
So, anyway....as this game is a home game for me.....anyone else coming over, or attending from down this way ?  Happy to put a face to a logon & meet up for a beer at the Clarence Hotel beforehand......along with about a thousand others  :D

cheers

Tempting offer Malo, very tempting... love Tassie. But just too much work in front of me at the moment.  Cheers mate...
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #82
We're out of luck having to play Richmond first up now they're the best team around.  The boy's were looking good after the GC camp and ready to play.
Smash, we got some key injuries and a wild, no hangover, Richmond together with a half learnt game plan and coaches still finding their way.
Confidence can be a mean beast but when its shattered it can be equally as daunting.
What that means against Norf? Its gunna get ugly.

Reply #83
We're out of luck having to play Richmond first up now they're the best team around.  The boy's were looking good after the GC camp and ready to play.
Smash, we got some key injuries and a wild, no hangover, Richmond together with a half learnt game plan and coaches still finding their way.
Confidence can be a mean beast but when its shattered it can be equally as daunting.
What that means against Norf? Its gunna get ugly.

Yes, a win is important. Mentally could change alot. Even an ugly win is good for the mindset. Remember 2 years ago when we lost our first 4 then had a god ugly win against fellow cellar dweller Freo. Followed that with a god ugly win against Essendon. What it gave us was some belief and we went on to win 4 of the next 5 after that including avery convincing win over Geelong. More often than not an ugly win does more for you and your belief than a highly honourable loss.

Reply #84
Yes, a win is important. Mentally could change alot. Even an ugly win is good for the mindset. Remember 2 years ago when we lost our first 4 then had a god ugly win against fellow cellar dweller Freo. Followed that with a god ugly win against Essendon. What it gave us was some belief and we went on to win 4 of the next 5 after that including avery convincing win over Geelong. More often than not an ugly win does more for you and your belief than a highly honourable loss.

We can only hope so mate.

Reply #85
Its not going to be a good week Im affraid. Losing Marchy will hurt. Some change is required because what we've done so far hasn't worked. Time to try something different.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #86
Just need a few of the younger blokes to play really good games....and the mids to work their butts off defensively.

No reason why O'Shea can't cover Marchbank's role with aplomb.

JSOS back in and Kerridge in for Polson.

I'd lke to see Dow 'rested' too for a bigger body but doubt it will happen.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #87
Indeed. Just what we need!
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #88
I like that we're sticking with Dow. He's showing enough to keep me interested. Needs a bit more of the ball and a bit of composure but it seems to be coming. Hopefully he has a breakout game against north.

Reply #89
I agree, and he seems to get a little bit better every game as he gets used to the speed of the game, keep playing him, if we want to drop players there are plenty who should go before Dow