Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 0R 2024 Pre Game Prognostications Brisbane v Carlton (Read 3491 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 0R 2024 Pre Game Prognostications Brisbane v Carlton

Reply #75
Clearly our conditioning isnt where we want it to be.

So why is Owies picked? He has been barely able to muster up a gallop in the training vids that I have seen.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #76
I don't believe clubs do this anymore BUT Binns has been named as an emergency and could come in for Owies ???? I dont think Owies is right. Would allows us to play Kenndy forward and Binns on a wing??
I like Binns, I really do. But he seriously needs to put some weight on, he looks like a 15 yo kid.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #77
So why is Owies picked? He has been barely able to muster up a gallop in the training vids that I have seen.

Because tonight is a free hit, and next week is what we need players for (including putting miles in the legs)?

Did you read the rest of what I wrote?

Maybe we are simply seeing whom is going to be better placed to help us win next week, and the question of Owies isnt one of why is he selected.  Its why the other guy that could be playing in his stead wasnt, and thats probably got more to do with making sure players are ready for next week.   When I say that I dont mean matt owies either.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #78
Have we conceded this game?
There are 4 points up for grabs.
They could be very important at the and of the year...and anything less than a full effort isn't acceptable

Reply #79
They could be very important at the and of the year...and anything less than a full effort isn't acceptable
I'm sure we haven't, but I'm still not confident.

Many still have the Lions as 2024 favourites, it's up there, it's early season heat, they have basically a full list, they are coming off a losing GF, at the moment it's a big ask to beat them at home even in bog standard circumstances!

I'll look for effort, and I'll take a win but I am of no illusion about how hard of an ask this is.

Cameron, Zorko, Rayner, Dunkley at the feet of Daniher and Hipwood. Even if we had Weiters he'd need to have a marking day out to stop that lot from scoring heavily. All Daniher has to do is bring it to the ground to advantage and they will be hard to stop.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #80
If the 2023 Grand Final was in Brisbane they would be premiers. I would be happy if we are competitive and are able to score a bit.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #81
Any loss is going to be a bad loss losing at same venue twice in a row.
It's not really an option dropping four points here but would make up for the disappointment if the lads put on a performance that we mean business this year

Reply #82
C A R N A   B L U E   B A G G E R S  ! ! ! ! !

Reply #83
They didn't lose a game up there last year and I can't see that trend changing anytime soon. If we can get close to them (1-24) I'll be surprised

Reply #84
Lions could go in extra cocky and have been drinking their own bathwater with all the press picking them to be premiers in 2024.
Shame we didnt have all of our key pieces out there but good teams find a way to be competitive and I expect a contest from a Voss coached team and not a capitulation with injuries as excuses..

Reply #85
Lions could go in extra cocky and have been drinking their own bathwater with all the press picking them to be premiers in 2024.
Shame we didnt have all of our key pieces out there but good teams find a way to be competitive and I expect a contest from a Voss coached team and not a capitulation with injuries as excuses..

Fair call, I don’t think we’ll get the win tonight.
I’m concerned that we played our 2 preseason games like the start of last year, not like we finished the year.
If we turn up and play like we ended last year I’ll be happy with any result but right now with our injuries I don’t trust us to turn up and perform.
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #86
We have our plate full tonight but I  expect a big effort.  Start as we mean to go on!
Reality always wins in the end.