Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 VFL Rd 13: Northern Blues vs Footscray (Read 7559 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 VFL Rd 13: Northern Blues vs Footscray

Reply #30
Yes. We cannot afford to have a non contributor like that in a game that meant so much.
Not only that, but Casboult NEEDS to get his confidence and touch back. Even giving him some ruck duties in the VFL would be a step in the right direction.

I wouldn't be throwing him away, but yesterday we saw his limitations more than anything else. He needs to get his act together. And guys like McKay and Kerr need time in the seniors, in careful doses and not unsupported. With Curnow playing as he is, the other guys could get a ride on his coat tails.
Mind you, both Kerr and McKay need to develop their defensive games. One of the worst aspects of yesterday was the lack of pressure provided by Levi. No good at all replacing one source of lack of pressure with another. Learnt to chase, guys!

I loved that bit of play on the southern back flank when Casboult was 1 on 4. Got blocked, fought past it, brought the ball to ground, still no teammate to help, fought them all on the ground and then got the ball over the line for a throw in. Absolutely zero on the stats sheet but absolutely vital for a guy who spent the whole day against 2 opponents minimum.

So many so quick to point out the negatives you can really miss out on some great bits of play. I thought Levi fought hard and if he doesn't touch the ball much but draws a crowd allowing Charlie a bit more space... I'll take it.

Reply #31
I loved that bit of play on the southern back flank when Casboult was 1 on 4. Got blocked, fought past it, brought the ball to ground, still no teammate to help, fought them all on the ground and then got the ball over the line for a throw in. Absolutely zero on the stats sheet but absolutely vital for a guy who spent the whole day against 2 opponents minimum.

So many so quick to point out the negatives you can really miss out on some great bits of play. I thought Levi fought hard and if he doesn't touch the ball much but draws a crowd allowing Charlie a bit more space... I'll take it.

He did well in that passage, but it’s bloody hard to carry anyone who isn’t making an active contribution.
We have several guys who regularly make low contributions, it’s why we talk about the taggers of old, because they don’t exist anymore.
today you need to be able to hurt going the other way, and with 3 misses he didn’t hurt them...
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #32
Anyone who was at the game have any thoughts on Penrith’s progress ?
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #33
Anyone who was at the game have any thoughts on Penrith’s progress ?

Going well. 4th on the NRL ladder and right in double chance contention.

Sorry, bad joke...lol.

Reply #34
Going well. 4th on the NRL ladder and right in double chance contention.

Sorry, bad joke...lol.

Take a walk Jim... ????
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #36
He did well in that passage, but it’s bloody hard to carry anyone who isn’t making an active contribution.
We have several guys who regularly make low contributions, it’s why we talk about the taggers of old, because they don’t exist anymore.
today you need to be able to hurt going the other way, and with 3 misses he didn’t hurt them...

He did hurt Thomas though, and that was a good moment ????
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #37
We were clearly better when Rowe was our Casboult, and that is a big problem for us!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #38

Yes did well, great effort, but we are partly where we are is because we can't score a goal , we couldn't get one on eBay. So one effort doesn't change that, love Levi, but has been a hope for too long for us to go forward we need more than that

Reply #39
Yes did well, great effort, but we are partly where we are is because we can't score a goal , we couldn't get one on eBay. So one effort doesn't change that, love Levi, but has been a hope for too long for us to go forward we need more than that

Bad player management by BB and crew - again.

Shiould never have returned to footy straight into the seniors....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #40
Live Long and Prosper!