[1] Jaxon Binns
[2] Paddy Dow
[2] Lachie Plowman
[4] Ned Cahill
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: VFL B & F 2023

Reply #1
That's a fairly predictable outcome.

Well done to all four and particularly to Jaxon for winning the B&F in his first season.

I suspect Jaxon will be spending a fair amount of next season in the AFL team so that's potentially three of our four best players missing from our VFL team next season.  I'd like Plow to stay on as skipper.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #2
I was surprised that plow retired outright, I expected that he might get traded or delisted...
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #3
I was surprised that plow retired outright, I expected that he might get traded or delisted...

Driven out of the game by "fans"  ::)

Plow is 29 and has been playing AFL for 11 seasons.  Perhaps his body told him that enough was enough.  He is a much-loved and respected member of our playing group and may not have wanted to play against former teammates.

I think he has a bit of footy left in him but I suspect that he'll pull the pin completely.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #4
Driven out of the game by "fans"  ::)

Plow is 29 and has been playing AFL for 11 seasons.  Perhaps his body told him that enough was enough.  He is a much-loved and respected member of our playing group and may not have wanted to play against former teammates.

I think he has a bit of footy left in him but I suspect that he'll pull the pin completely.
I can hope he thinks otherwise. 2023 was the first year in ages where he hasn't been carrying significant injuries. Our 2's are young and very inexperienced and could well do with the leadership he provides.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #5
[1] Jaxon Binns
[2] Paddy Dow
[2] Lachie Plowman
[4] Ned Cahill
Sorry I didn't include any more data: 4 placing is pretty basic. However, my knee is not feeling too bad at the moment (which means I don't have to have oxycodone in kilogram quantities just to survive).

Heath Ramshaw won the best young player, quite a step up from the handful of games he played last year.
Ben Ronke won the Coaches' Award, and must be still an outside chance to be invited to train in.
Luke Parks won the Players Award and Lachie Swaney won the Best Clubman (he is also an assistant coach for the girls). Considering how much of the year Swaney missed with injury, that's saying somthing.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #6
Sorry I didn't include any more data: 4 placing is pretty basic. However, my knee is not feeling too bad at the moment (which means I don't have to have oxycodone in kilogram quantities just to survive).

Heath Ramshaw won the best young player, quite a step up from the handful of games he played last year.
Ben Ronke won the Coaches' Award, and must be still an outside chance to be invited to train in.
Luke Parks won the Players Award and Lachie Swaney won the Best Clubman (he is also an assistant coach for the girls). Considering how much of the year Swaney missed with injury, that's saying somthing.

Missing out on the finals was disappointing but it was a pretty good season by our seconds.  There's a bit of talent in the group and it will be interesting to see how many VFL-listed players we retain.

That knee doesn't sound good.  One of mine is playing up but nothing a tube of Voltaren won't settle ... in the short term.  I hope yours comes good!