Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Pandemonium: AFL Rd 3: Carlton vs Fremantle (Read 9565 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Pandemonium: AFL Rd 3: Carlton vs Fremantle

Reply #15
We used Dow badly early in his career. Gave him all the tough jobs from the start rather than lesser roles for his development. Way to ruin a young player. Probably swap Stocker for him next week.

Gov in for Levi, who just didn't come into the season fit and needs a run in the twos to get his confidence back. Good player when confident, not much use to anyone when not. Just means Jones or McKay would have to relief ruck.

Guv should come in but who backs up in the  ruck?

He makes us a better side, though granted he has been far from hs best since coming across...

Jones?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #16

He makes us a better side, though granted he has been far from his best since coming across...

Jones?
Have to be McKay or Jones.

Reply #17

He makes us a better side, though granted he has been far from hs best since coming across...

Jones?
Finally Gov has pulled his finger out and got very fit, unlike the last 2 years. Looked the part yesterday. Might go better as 2nd tall banana up forward than 3rd. Plus he kicks straight. The rest of the taller forwards kick like dogs hind legs. JSOS being in the side seems to help our forward structure alot these days.

Reply #18
Fogarty's was certainly a steal.

Reply #19
Gov in for Levi, who just didn't come into the season fit and needs a run in the twos to get his confidence back. Good player when confident, not much use to anyone when not. Just means Jones or McKay would have to relief ruck.

They won't do that.   It's Levi or Oscar until TDK returns.

Reply #20
I'd probably bring McDonald in for Levi, even though I haven't seen the match yet (I will shortly). Levi needs to get himself back into form. I'd play him at CHB in the twos, or even in the ones if Gold Coast had a 3rd tall forward. It would allow him to take some big marks and get some confidence back. Taking 15 or so marks at CHB would help his confidence a lot.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #21
Fogarty's was certainly a steal.

Agree. Finally we got a good one from the pussies.

Really like the look of this kid. Works hard both ways is tough and is a nice user for a kid.
His showed more in the 3 games he has played for us then most of our kids some
In their 5th season have.
If only we could develop like the better teams. Would be in our flag window now I reckon if that was the case. 

Reply #22
They won't do that.   It's Levi or Oscar until TDK returns.
Agree, McGovern only played 3 quarters yesterday so will need to show more over a whole game before being considered. Mind you Witt is out next week so the Gov could pinch hit in the ruck, the week after is against Port so would need a proper second Ruck then.
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #23
There is no doubt McGovern will come in at Levis' expense, and surely he should. Can't see many more changes with this type of win, but gee Murphy is leading a charmed life.

Reply #24
Dow has disappointed now 3 weeks in a row. He needs to go back and get his pre-season form back. As to which mid should come in, I'd wait on the weather. It has been wet up there. Kennedy might be the answer.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #25
Not sure how sustainable the game is under the new rules.
Players may have to go to another level of fitness.
Some of our players looked stuffed towards the end.
Especially Walsh, but he's a champion and he just kept on pushing himself.

Reply #26
Agree, McGovern only played 3 quarters yesterday so will need to show more over a whole game before being considered. Mind you Witt is out next week so the Gov could pinch hit in the ruck, the week after is against Port so would need a proper second Ruck then.

Dow has disappointed now 3 weeks in a row. He needs to go back and get his pre-season form back. As to which mid should come in, I'd wait on the weather. It has been wet up there. Kennedy might be the answer.

he's off the pace.

needs to prove himself in the 2s....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #27
Good response and great to get a first win

H, Fog, Walsh and Jones clearly best this evening

Silvagni makes us a three-four goal better side and just finds a way to make a contest every time - whilst slow by foot, he’s a great reader of the play and makes intelligent decisions. 

Parks showed us that he can play a role on an opponent’s third tall and looked comfortable, albeit Freo’s pressure was poor.

SPS provided glimpses of why he should be in the middle of the ground - his body is much stronger than previous years and he’s now able to move through tackles. Why we haven’t worked out that Cottrell (an upgrade on Setters on exposed early season form) can play back and SPS through the middle is mind boggling.

Crippa willed his way into the contest but remains a long way from his best and all of Docherty, Saad & Williams also have much more upside, which is a good sign.

However we’re still carrying a few that won’t cut the mustard against better sides - Murphy, Casboult, Newnes, Curnow and Plowman. We can probably get away with 2 of these but not all 5. Cas is hard to replace without upsetting the Ruck rotation, but he’s really struggling. Over the next couple of weeks I’d like to see Stocker Williamson, Cunningham, Honey all getting a go and let’s hope that we can get Dekoning back soon!

Reply #28

Give him some serious minutes in the middle in the VFL.

Kennedy is the player most likely as he can play forward and mid which is what Dow has been doing.

Shame Honey and Durdin are a little under done as Eddie is struggling to get near it.

Reply #29

he's off the pace.

needs to prove himself in the 2s....

I’d persist with Dow
He’s in the thick of it and getting to the right spots, just needs time and confidence
I’d be moving on Newnes and Murphy well before Dow