Skip to main content
Topic: RD 16 : Blues Smack Saints (Aftermatch Review) (Read 75713 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 16 : Blues Smack Saints (Aftermatch Review)

Reply #60
I'm backing Sticks over BT and Darcy every day of the week... And twice on Sundays!

When it comes to commentating Carlton, BT is the biggest Fn C god ever shovelled guts into.
It is honestly laughable. Anyone who uses his comment about Carlton as backup for their point is in reality disproving it.

As for Sticks coming out and supporting the team publicly... Well, do we really need to ask whether our club president did the right thing in getting behind the team and supporting them after such a horror week?  ::)

Reply #61
Talking commentary team again Brian "Blues Trasher" Taylor and Luke Darcehole are a disgrace and their bias knows no bounds. Just a couple of motor-mouth morons who provide no meaningful analysis or insights into the game. Are they having a lend of us? Just a constant stream of biassed drivel - Foxtel please note, "Get Rid of Them please!"  >:D
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #62
Heard that Sticks came out in the pre match and defended our list. Seriously, is he for real ? Confirms what a lot of us are thinking about him and his board!

Should he do a Collo and come out and say they are shizen? Even if he did believe that, what good could it possibly achieve?

He shouldn't comment at all.
BT and Darcy mocked his comments after they were reported, so ridiculous are they.

Hang on a sec, don't we all mock the sht out of them for their stupid opinions? I'd be backing our pres any day over those two turkeys.

Agree - if I have to hear BT (aka Big Turdface) say Big Boy McEvoy again................

Every AFL list has its weak spots and can be improved. Having said that, our list as it stands currently is easily good enough to make top 8, and I would say with a bit of luck and what not, is also good enough to nudge the top 4, and in fact was almost top 4 recently.  The list needs a couple of changes, not a major overhaul. 

Reply #63
Where was Garlett tonight ?? Hardly saw him at all.

What did people think of the physical aggression in the first quarter ?? Thought it was a good sign but it didn't actually help us perform any better than what we normally do.

I havnt read 1 post here that saw the "physical agression" incidents as I did.......and I'm starting to second guess myself. :o

I was so irate last night...... AFAIC, we didnt instigate the agression, they did. I was behind the goals we were kicking to in the 1st qrt and all of the backs came out of there huddle making a beeline for Lucas inparticular. Lucas got hit with a few right hooks to which he duely replied with giving a few back. St Kilda tried to intimidate us last night. We didnt start any of that carp from what I saw!!

And the plicks just kept at it for a lot of the first half too.  It's when we started getting on top that the Yarrans and Garletts were giving it back to them. More verbally than physically but they were just getting up the skin of the Aints from there on.
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!

Reply #64
I'd be tempted to play Waite as CHB when he's available and use him as a swingman with Hendo. Let Hendo and Rowe settle in the forward line a while

I still reckon Waite has played his best football at CHB.

Waite won't be playing down back ever again. Too old for it and his body is not up for it.

Menzel is not small, so he can play that walker type role up forward. Hendo is a lock forward now. Rowe will struggle when Waite returns. I still see casbolt as part of that structure. He is a pack marking full forward and should be played that way. Waite and hendo are great on the lead and one on one but casbolt is the only one with ability to mark that bomb to full forward. Get him in and leave him there.

Rowe needs to be versatile (play a role in defence) at times to get a game until Waite retires.
Watson is great in the air but is a chook with his head cut off once the ball hits the ground.
he will get exposed sooner than later.

Reply #65
Did anyone notice how lacklustre the team song was sung after the game? Didn't look good. I think a big problem with this side is they have too many introverts and not enough that show genuine leadership qualities.

The only teams who sing the song with much gusto when they beat a bottom 4 side, is other bottom 4 sides. 

Reply #66
Watched Mcinnes very closely last night. Gee he is a good player. Just seems to do everything right, very hard to beat one on one. Seems undersized to be a key defender but a fabulous no nonsense type of guy.
Eat more chooks

Reply #67
@bigblue
Yes, I noticed Gearey was really getting cut, especially when Jeffy had him holding the ball. Pity Jeffy didn't convert though.

Reply #68
Did anyone notice how lacklustre the team song was sung after the game? Didn't look good. I think a big problem with this side is they have too many introverts and not enough that show genuine leadership qualities.

The only teams who sing the song with much gusto when they beat a bottom 4 side, is other bottom 4 sides.

Yeah, you wouldn't want to pay the 'Aints the compliment of singing the song with gusto after beating them>  :))

Reply #69
I too wasnt convinced we would win until late....very late in the game!

Talking to some supporters at the ground, a lot of them said the same thing...." where is our flair?? we dont play with any flair anymore. Its stand here, run there stuff. Very rigid stuff and a real lack of taking a risk type football"  They've got a point!!

Thought Hendo and Rowe were great last night. Worked well together and looked for each other when the other had the ball.

Kreuz seemed to get first hand to the ball at every contest but appeared to be tapping it to the white jumpers rather than the blue!!

There was a boundary throw in right beside our point post and Kruez got his hand to the ball and tapped it toward the goal square, 5 or so meters out....beautiful stuff it really was, but the problem was that the Aints players all ran there and all our blokes were out in the pocket wanting the tap to go back the other way!!  I dont know who to be critical of here but it definataley is making Kruez look stupid!!

Is that where he's being instructed to hit the ball ???Is it lack of talk with our mids???  Are our mids the stupid one's maybe????  Dont know the answer but for the amount of times Kreuz gets a free ride to the ball through good positioning, the team in no way shape or form seem to be reeping the benefits!!!!!! >:(

We still seem to be getting mixed messages out there.......either that or we really do have some dumb footballers playing for us. It was a win. Effort, skill, physicality was still way down on our effort against the Hawks but at least we won.

Armfield needs a rest. Curnow is poo. Cachia ok. Touhy some nice things and all in all beat Milne.
McInnes was solid/dependable, thought Betts was great and gave us impact imediately when he came on.

Was Carrots injured or just taken off by MM???

Judd is a superstar. They say he carried WC for all those years. I'm sorry if we broke you Juddy. You truelly are a gem. Was an honour to watch you ork last night. ;)

Reply #70
Aside from Watson, who I'll keep my powder dry on for now, I think our major weaknesses, based on last night, are:

Armfield
Curnow - maybe OK as a tag but awful disposal
Carrazzo.

There are obviously others who could be criticised, but replace the above with three hard at it quality players and we could be looking a lot better.

Reply #71
I'm backing Sticks over BT and Darcy every day of the week... And twice on Sundays!

When it comes to commentating Carlton, BT is the biggest Fn C god ever shovelled guts into.
It is honestly laughable. Anyone who uses his comment about Carlton as backup for their point is in reality disproving it.

As for Sticks coming out and supporting the team publicly... Well, do we really need to ask whether our club president did the right thing in getting behind the team and supporting them after such a horror week?  ::)

absolutely....
Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #72
Talking commentary team again Brian "Blues Trasher" Taylor and Luke Darcehole are a disgrace and their bias knows no bounds. Just a couple of motor-mouth morons who provide no meaningful analysis or insights into the game. Are they having a lend of us? Just a constant stream of biassed drivel - Foxtel please note, "Get Rid of Them please!"  >:D

and again......x2
Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #73
Not pretty, but got the result !!!

Yes, an ugly win beats the crap out of an honorable loss. Does more for the confidence too.

Amazing what happens when you have key forwards that can kick goals. Good to see Rowe get amongst it. Hendo can stay forward. We need a key defender.
If Watson could come on we have one staring us in the face. That would release Hendo.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #74
Aside from Watson, who I'll keep my powder dry on for now, I think our major weaknesses, based on last night, are:

Armfield
Curnow - maybe OK as a tag but awful disposal
Carrazzo.

There are obviously others who could be criticised, but replace the above with three hard at it quality players and we could be looking a lot better.

Carrots may be out of form ATM but surely his past 2 yrs have earned him enough credits to be safe. Simmo seems to have turned the corner. I reckon it's just a matter of time till carrots does too.