Skip to main content
Topic: ELIMINATION FINAL : Blues V Tigers (Pre-Game Patter) (Read 114231 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: ELIMINATION FINAL : Blues V Tigers (Pre-Game Patter)

Reply #255
Just saw a Tigers ad about getting into finals. I know we were excited after 10 yrs but seriously make an ad WTF!! Makes just so much more want to see us win.  #Believe
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #256
Judd is no sub IMHO. He is a Rolls Royce. If he's fit he plays, if not he doesnt. Duigan is the ideal sub, tuff uncompromising utility type. Cannot go in with Cas, Kruze, and 206. Cas and Kruze for mine, 206 offers very little beyond stoppages.

Tend to agree with all of that.
Judd worth the risk.

Fully fit...no doubt.
If that's the case he plays the full game..or at least starts it.

But I suspect they're taking a risk.
Now if he doesn't last the full game when would be the best time to use him....when the game is young or with about a quarter and a bit to go when he can go full bore for 40 minutes +.
I don't think he'd make a lot of difference early in the game when their mids were up and about but you can imagine the lift the side would get if they were trailing by a couple of goals and he was introduced into the game mid-way through the third quarter.
The supporter roar would be enough to give them a bit of a lift.
Psychologically it could cause the tigers to waver.

Reply #257
Playing Judd if he is a risk of getting worse is not on. Why would you try to beat the Tigers with him in the side and miss him helping you win the next final. If they do it and he isn't 100%, someone needs to be shot for the selection. IMO
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #258
I will be very disappointed if any of Judd, MacLean and Scotland take the field and can't run out the game.

You may be able to nurse an upper body injury through a game but playing someone with a dodgy leg is folly.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #259
I will be very disappointed if any of Judd, MacLean and Scotland take the field and can't run out the game.

You may be able to nurse an upper body injury through a game but playing someone with a dodgy leg is folly.

Very risky IMO....I'd play Judd only......taking three dodgy older players into the game is too much of a risk..

Reply #260

Very risky IMO....I'd play Judd only......taking three dodgy older players into the game is too much of a risk..

Gobsmacked....so we're playing these silly little selection games are we? If Scotland or especially McLean play, then we've already begun the game with at least one man down. Shaking my head at the bonehead decision to name them.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #261

Gobsmacked....so we're playing these silly little selection games are we? If Scotland or especially McLean play, then we've already begun the game with at least one man down. Shaking my head at the bonehead decision to name them.
1. Are the 3 in question in our best 22?
2. Do we know how bad the injuries were?
3. If the answer to 1. is yes, is it ok to give them every opportunity to get up for the game?

At the end of the day, its giving the Tiggers something to think about, could be just the little 0.5% that takes their eyes off the ball.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #262
@brettie all three wont play. Judd the only chance and I'll be surprised to see him. It's not like we don't have a history of this sort of shenanigans. We even closed the training session so the opposition wouldn't see our players hobbling around.

Reply #263
I cant see Mclean playing.  Does his best work motoring round the pitch running a bloke into the ground.

Judd and scotland can play half forward or half back with burst football in the guts.

Unless they are all minor strains and were put on ice out of precaution in case we made finals.  Somehow i think all might play and might be in better nock than advertised.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #264

What do you know that the medical staff at CFC don't know ?

Reply #265
Still got 2 and a half days to finish off their preparation and prove themselves  including an open session on Saturday.

Reply #266
Going into a cut-throat final with injured players is sheer lunacy, it has to be all part of a clever ruse to throw the Tigers out. 
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #267
Going into a cut-throat final with injured players is sheer lunacy, it has to be all part of a clever ruse to throw the Tigers out.

You would hope this is the case if the players are not up to it. Maybe they are in better shape than we think and it is only Thursday still.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #268
I don't think MM will want anyone taking the field who is not 100% - if there's one thing he isn't it would be sentimental, even towards Juddy!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #269
I don't think MM will want anyone taking the field who is not 100% - if there's one thing he isn't it would be sentimental, even towards Juddy!

Not too sure about that Cookie; Malthouse has a history of playing injured players in finals; Didak in 2010, Beams, Jolly and Reid in 2011.  Hopefully, he's learned his lesson and our 22 will fit and ready to go.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball