Skip to main content
Topic: Blues Vs Swans - post match expert analysis  (Read 42769 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Blues Vs Swans - post match expert analysis

Reply #45

In reality the Judd deal crippled the club, but I would do it again in a heart beat.

Yep, in retrospect, I have to agree with you.  It's been a privilege having him in the team and watching him play but it seems the flowchart diagram on the whiteboard in the board room was:

a. get Judd
b. win Premiership
c. pat eachother on the back

Think there were a few steps missing between 'a' and 'b'.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #46

In reality the Judd deal crippled the club, but I would do it again in a heart beat.

Yep, in retrospect, I have to agree with you.  It's been a privilege having him in the team and watching him play but it seems the flowchart diagram on the whiteboard in the board room was:

a. get Judd
b. win Premiership

Hehe! I think there may have been another step between a and b - "And then a miracle will happen".
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #47
That was a roller coaster season. We varied between commitment and skill, and total lack of commitment, work ethic and skill. sometimes within the same game. Not alot in-between. Had some good wins, terrible losses, the thrill of taking Essendope's place in the finals with that stirring last qtr after a gutless first half against Port, knocking out Richmond in the same fashion, finishing above Collingwood, then insipid efforts like tonight with no ticker or want. Importantly we got the thrill of winning a final but the playing like dogs the next week so the cracks aren't wallpapered over.

All of the above summed up the club. Certainly ability, as we've shown quite, even in some losses, but a lack of consistent work ethic, consistent attitude and culture making that ability often worthless.

The most perplexing, crazy season imaginable.

Reply #48
My wife watched all of tonights game and watched our entire season as a roller coaster and summed it up in one sentence. Its like watching a suicide in slow motion. You know what is going to happen but have to wait way too long to see the final result. The game against Sydney was exactly that. I don't know where Mick has to start. He has to start somewhere and get this side back on track in terms of work ethic fast. No more up and down yoyo footy. No more fluke wins. No more close losses. No more close but no cigar. No more soft c0ck footy.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #49
In my hotel room after getting back from then game, so friggin disappointed in just about everything that happened out there tonight. Two men down they were, it was ours for the taking, pathetic. Ignoring McVeigh, are you kidding me?

At least tonight gives Mick the clearer picture he needs once and for all with this list. Time to act. Time to decide who stays and who goes, with every player who stays - time to decide what each of them needs to work on over the off season, cos most of them have glaring deficiencies.

I don't think it's unreasonable to think that about half-a-dozen of the blokes who took the field tonight have played their last game in navy blue.

The game started so well, but that about it. Who tests the surface before the game? The whole friggin team did the warmup out there - hello, was it not dewy at that time you morons? The number of players, our players, slipping over under little or no pressure, time and time again and costing us goals. Seriously, what is going on between their ears? Yarran finally changes boots halfway through the third quarter.....it's a bit late then numb nut!

Yet again Simmo leads the way, yet again little or no support from others. I never wanna see Casboult in a navy blue guernsey again - the jury is in and you've been found guilty of impersonating a professional footballer. Garlett....seriously, that's the best you can do in a final? McInnes - wtf has happened to this bloke? I cringe every time he's near the ball now.

Scoreboard flattered us in the end as the Swans were eyeing off next week, but even then we butchered the ball in front of goal like we've been routinely doing all year.

Fcuk me, I need a break......
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #50

a. get Judd
b. win Premiership

Without Judd we were the Bulldogs for ten years.

He brought the 3 P's

A.. Professionalism

B.. Profile

C.. Performance

Money well spent!!
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #51
Wow fire up Mick!
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #52
I don't blame the playing surface for our loss, but I did think that the Swannies handled it a lot better.

Very disappointed with our lack of intensity in the 1st 3 qtr's.

Here's hoping we're bigger and better in 2014 !! Go Blues!!!!!!!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #53
McInnes should be one of those delisted, clearly not up to it mentally, never mind skill. Makes you wonder, surely Laidler could have done a better job had been treated properly? McInnes was a huge weak link for us since the Bummers debacle.

Is Malthouse too negative? Apparently he gave them a roasting at quarter time for conceding that goal but the effort they had put in was good up to that point, after the roasting they dropped off. Perhaps a little positive reinforcement would have been a better approach? Just sayin.......
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #54
No LRT, no Shaw, no Goodes, no McGlynn, hardly any Tippett, rotations massively in our favour, Simmo's 200th, and then this ?

Sorry, none of us know what goes on behind the scenes, but something is massively wrong somewhere. And it's not to do with class, and it's not to do with skill. Rarely have I seen a team so mentally and emotionally dejected from the first bounce of a final.

When Ratts was coach, and the team would put in a performance like this, I would come on here and read post after post after post about how it's the coaches job to get the players up for a game, in the correct mindset blah blah blah. Last night was as incorrect a mindset as you could imagine. So how about it, Mick ?

Actually, at one point I thought they were throwing the game.

Simmo, I salute you and I apologize for the woeful effort. You, of all people, deserve better.

Reply #55
I thought the effort was definitely there in the first quarter. What happened after that is anyone's guess.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #56
He mentioned 5 to 10 picks to get new players

He will not go the quick fix for MM

Judd cost us a small fortune, but what he brought to the club can't be measured simply in on field performances. I don't recant for a minute. Whatever deficiencies we have in KPF forwards etc. , Judd brought more to this club than a dozen Josh Kennedys ever could.

Reply #57

a. get Judd
b. win Premiership

He brought the 3 P's

A.. Professionalism

B.. Profile

C.. Performance

Money well spent!!

Exactly, but there is no doubt $1M wages cripple a club, that is 2 or 3 good mids or 2 or 3 good KPPs.

Based on our experience if we pay someone like Betts overs we are doomed. As much as many of you would love to see him stay it is the disproportionately high wages paid to some players that cripple a club.

The Dawks understand this, and that is why Buddy will go despite his abilities. We are one of the stupid clubs that would pay him what he wants!

$1M dollars to one player, or $1M dollars to three good players, as supporters you must decide because it is the bitching, membership burning and complaining of paid up members that will ultimately steer the club.

A rhetorical question, how many of those Swans mids that worked us over like patsies do you think you can get for $1M???
The Force Awakens!

Reply #58

a. get Judd
b. win Premiership

He brought the 3 P's

A.. Professionalism

B.. Profile

C.. Performance

Money well spent!!

Exactly, but there is no doubt $1M wages cripple a club, that is 2 or 3 good mids or 2 or 3 good KPPs.

Based on our experience if we pay someone like Betts overs we are doomed. As much as many of you would love to see him stay it is the disproportionately high wages paid to some players that cripple a club.

The Dawks understand this, and that is why Buddy will go despite his abilities. We are one of the stupid clubs that would pay him what he wants!

$1M dollars to one player, or $1M dollars to three good players, as supporters you must decide because it is the bitching, membership burning and complaining of paid up members that will ultimately steer the club.

A rhetorical question, how many of those Swans mids that worked us over like patsies do you think you can get for $1M???

To some extent I agree but you need to remember the state we were in. Judd brought in some hope, he changed the attitude of the playing group, especially the young players and importantly, he brought in a flood of cash.

The rules were also different then, we were in the mindset of rebuilding and not trading in players unless they were a Judd quality player anyway and we had cap room to burn.

The guy is about 75% of the player he was and he'll come in the top 3 in the B&F - maybe even win it. There were so many games he won off his own boot that I reckon we'd still be in the bottom 6-8 without him. We'd be Melbourne and I suspect they'd pay someone 2 mil a year if it meant pulling them out of their 7 year bottom 5 finish run and into the finals 4 times.

Reply #59
I am raising this argument because in my opinion.

If we pay overs to players like Betts, too much for players like Daisey or get raped by GWS on picks trying to get a KPP like Boyd we are dead in the water for another 5~10 years.
The Force Awakens!