Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 3: Pre game Palaver; Carlton vs. Collingwood (Read 30812 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 3: Pre game Palaver; Carlton vs. Collingwood

Reply #180
Nope he was an emergency.

Frustrating as it is we’ve all complained about dropping kids after 1-2 weeks, does nothing for their confidence. I can say it now but glad poison and weitering r in.

Polson needs to make an impression or sayonara you would think....

Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #181
They might be prepping Poison for an alternative  role eg back pocket but you'd think he would learn that role in the twos.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #182
They are better than us. Classy and strong ruck division, stable and solid defense and better forwards regardless of the big yank. Can't see us getting near them. IF Treloar doesn't get up for the game gives us a better chance. IF Kreuz doesn't make it onto the ground FORGET it, we are done.

Still it is a Carl V Coll game so as history has shown anything can happen.

Will be my first attendance for the year. I'm hoping I'm the good luck charm  :P

Reply #183
They are better than us. Classy and strong ruck division, stable and solid defense and better forwards regardless of the big yank. Can't see us getting near them. IF Treloar doesn't get up for the game gives us a better chance. IF Kreuz doesn't make it onto the ground FORGET it, we are done.

Still it is a Carl V Coll game so as history has shown anything can happen.

Will be my first attendance for the year. I'm hoping I'm the good luck charm  :P

Yep, Kreuz will be key to us being in with a chance.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #184
Classy and strong ruck division, stable and solid defense and better forwards regardless of the big yank.

you clearly haven't seen them play this year...
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #185
Filth fans complain Treloar has been doing a Crippa this season, winning crape loads of footy but giving it straight back 50% of the time with shizen disposal!

Not that we can claim the high ground on this issue! :(
The Force Awakens!

Reply #186
Bit of a character test for our boys.
They've copped a fair bit this week...some players have been well and truly questioned.
How they respond will tell us a fair bit about what this season has to offer.

Reply #187
Bit of a character test for our boys.
They've copped a fair bit this week...some players have been well and truly questioned.
How they respond will tell us a fair bit about what this season has to offer.

With the Captain chief among them. When your Skipper is dishing off poor disposal it can certainly demoralise the rest... plus, when things are shizen you look to your primary leader to do or say something (or both) to correct the ship.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #188
With the Captain chief among them. When your Skipper is dishing off poor disposal it can certainly demoralise the rest... plus, when things are shizen you look to your primary leader to do or say something (or both) to correct the ship.

Kreuzer's return will fix up most of that, even Jones run in the ruck in the dying minutes last week had a superficial positive impact.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #189
Filth fans complain Treloar has been doing a Crippa this season, winning crape loads of footy but giving it straight back 50% of the time with shizen disposal!

Not that we can claim the high ground on this issue! :(

I'd love to see Lamb given a tagging type role on Treloar. I reckon he would be very vulnerable to a bit of frustration and may retaliate.
Could also run right over the top of Lamb and have a blinder, but I reckon it's worth a shot

Reply #190
Nope he was an emergency.

Frustrating as it is we’ve all complained about dropping kids after 1-2 weeks, does nothing for their confidence. I can say it now but glad poison and weitering r in.

Holy smoke. Freudian slip??? I hope that's not what's tainted our performance   ;)
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #191
Holy smoke. Freudian slip??? I hope that's not what's tainted our performance   ;)

I've never smoked A Freudian Slip, are they anything like a Churchill? ;D

Is the above potentially the greatest marketing name ever for one of Bill Clinton's cigars!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #192
Don’t ask me how I can form this view after watching such a poor performance last week but kreuzers influence is massive IMO and reckon if he is fit I think we should beat this mob.

They have a heap of outs Moore, Fosolo, Elliott, Wells, Degory and even Blair to name a few.

We beat them last year and while we have doc and Gibbs missing still think we are stronger then them this time around....if our disposal is decent this week we should get the points.

Reply #193
We might be lucky Shawny, the heat is on Bucks but the actual Collingwood team didn't do too bad last week. Bucks took most of the heat, the players could be full of complacency.

In comparison we were rubbish, nobody could possibly feel comfortable at Carlton this week.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #194
I've never smoked A Freudian Slip, are they anything like a Churchill? ;D

Is the above potentially the greatest marketing name ever for one of Bill Clinton's cigars!

;) I'll leave that one with you LP.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.