Skip to main content
Topic: RD 4: Carlton VS Melbourne (Read 111853 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 4: Carlton VS Melbourne

Reply #150
Melbourne are setting themselves for this game...
They know we re low on confidence and they can take a scalp if they play to their potential.
Lowly clubs always do this against us because we re mentally weak.
The Saints and the Dogs did it to us last year....
Port and Gold Coast the year before....
Wont be surprised to see us stuff this one up.....
You know what Dom? This is the topic of another thread ATM but I couldn't care if we lost, as long as we lost being absolutely forking Ruthless (to a man) for 120min. Dish up the carp we did Sunday night even for 5 seconds, I would be devastated whether we win lose or draw. The 22 who run out on Sat have the opportunity to change the course their football careers and that of their Club.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #151
What cup are we playing for? Is it still the Kreuzer Cup?

Peter Wright cup...http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-09-13/size-does-matter
High Probability Event. Wright looks pretty good at this point. However, he does have competition. It would be nice to pick up a decent player.....
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #152
What cup are we playing for? Is it still the Kreuzer Cup?

Peter Wright cup...http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-09-13/size-does-matter
High Probability Event. Wright looks pretty good at this point. However, he does have competition. It would be nice to pick up a decent player.....

Wright is the Tom Boyd of this years crop IMO....reckon Melbourne will be looking his way now Clark has retired....Roo's is already setting the scene IMO for a bottom finish.
Frawley will go IMO....Dees will have two very early picks and Wright will be one of them.

Reply #153
We wont stuff this up.  We'll belt these morons into next week.

Then the Doggies will pull our pants down because we get ahead of ourselves at the first sign of positivity.

So we get ahead of ourselves or we're not good enough? Which one is it?

Why is it only one? 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #154
In   Cripps, Lucas, Scotland, Casboult

Out Waite, White, Bell, Garlett!

Lucas has some bloody good photos!!

Reply #155
Would have thougt that Bell's big body might have been handy on a heavy track?

Reply #156
In - P.Cripps, K.Lucas, H.Scotland & L.Casboult
Out - J.Waite, S.White, T.Bell & J.Garlett

Pretty soft approach to the team selection considering the belting & lame effort we put up.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #157
Is Waite injured?

I wouldn't have dropped Bell either who did OK when he came on. The other two no probs and I like the ins, hopefully Lucas gets four quarters against Melbourne who are an easy kill/confidence lifter.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #158
Is Waite injured?

I wouldn't have dropped Bell either who did OK when he came on. The other two no probs and I like the ins, hopefully Lucas gets four quarters against Melbourne who are an easy kill/confidence lifter.

I have no problems with the outs.  White is a spud, Bell has heart but no footy nous and terrible disposal, Garlett has gone missing for three weeks and Waite is out of form.  But how Rowe keeps getting a game is beyond me.

Reply #159
Finally taken a stand against Jeffy and Waite.
Our forward line looks a little weak though.
Hope Patty Cripps can havea great debut.
Dawes back for the Dees..... Watch him kick 5 and be the match winner!!!!

Reply #160
Is Waite injured?

I have no problems with the outs.  White is a spud, Bell has heart but no footy nous and terrible disposal, Garlett has gone missing for three weeks and Waite is out of form.  But how Rowe keeps getting a game is beyond me.

Yeah I guess that's fair enough, I would've thought Waite had a few credits in the bank though. No doubt he's one of Mick's whipping boys. If Cripps wears fluoro green I think I'll vomit.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #161
Jeffy overdue for a spell. Waite out sends a message.

Reply #162
Int:
Lucas, Scotland, Carrazzo and Menzel.

Who is our sub?
Not Menzel or Lucas, I hope, they both need full games.  If Carrazzo is a bit sore (6 day turnaround) after very limited preparation, it might be him???

Reply #163
Dropping Waite is ridiculous. Who would be a Forward chipping short along the boundary line and with only 180 uncontested possessions.

Hope its an injury.

"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset