Skip to main content
Topic: Downhearted (Read 13587 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Downhearted

Reply #3
They line up these beeves....
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #5
:-\

When you put 'Downhearted' I thought you might have been referring to the Aussie Crawl classic song, so I took another line from the song... not the first time I've had to explain my sometimes obtuse sense of humour.  :-[ :-[ Back to the drawing board...  :(
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #6
When you put 'Downhearted' I thought you might have been referring to the Aussie Crawl classic song, so I took another line from the song... not the first time I've had to explain my sometimes obtuse sense of humour.  :-[ :-[ Back to the drawing board...  :(

It's OK Baggers I got where you were coming from, and it was certainly appropriate! The song wasn't in my mind when I posted though. This was a phrase in popular use at a very disaster-prone company I used to work at and came out particularly when, after a lot of hard work by employees, the management would stuff-up in a right-royal manner and negate it. Seemed to fit our plight as "old men". I was trying to communicate to you my dilemma, as an old bloke,  as to whether my broken dreams ever started.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #7

Baggers...I presume you read the lyrics to " Downhearted" and didnt try and interpret the vocals...... ;)

Reply #9
The D-Generation or one of those old comedy shows did a take off of James Reyne once....complete with subtitles :D

Yes, it was the D-Gen, late 80's around 1988. You can find the skit on their "2nd best of" DVD, or so I've read.

Reply #11
Baggers...I presume you read the lyrics to " Downhearted" and didnt try and interpret the vocals...... ;)

:))

Mondegreen mayhem  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #13
:))

Mondegreen mayhem  :)

That's a great title for a song!

Is it a coincidence that many of histories best loved songs suffer from this issue, or is that confusion actually the reason for them being so widely loved?

If the lyrics and meaning was clear, would they have the same broad appeal?
The Force Awakens!