Skip to main content
Topic: TFS Rebooted (Read 5791 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: TFS Rebooted

Reply #16
Woman? There's blokes at work who are into it FFS. Its the talk of kitchen, I absolutely give it to em and tell them how brain dead they must be. I guess I do get some entertainment out that.

My Daughter knows one of the contestants socially and been out a few times with her and half the participants have acting/modelling backgrounds, Cleo bachelor of the year
contestants etc...its scripted and heavily produced.Its about as real as the people they get on " the block"...half who couldnt bang a nail in straight yet renovate a whole home..

Reply #17
Ive always liked both shows to be honest, I tape both however I always find myself watching TFS and watching the taped Front Bar sometimes. Dunno if its habit, blind loyalty, not sure but its always been a Thurs night ritual to have it on, sometimes in the background. The Front Bar has SFA footy content, mostly 2 fools hamming it up and one straight guy (who tends to cop it alot off the other two).
I dont mind the new format of TFS, Lemo is ok, Nez (apart from the loud laugh) is an upgrade on Bec, Fev is Fev and Alcott is a funny guy. I notice that when guest come on, they dont have their football apparel on, street clothes only. Cox last week, Dimma and Angus Brayshaw this week.
It could not be any worse than that f-cked up Married at First Site garbage. Talk about trash!!
Having said that, judging by the ratings, people dont share my love and the show might be gone in weeks.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #18
Prefer Footy classified to all the other shows, I'm not looking for a variety show and TV personalities, I prefer a Footy show that gives me some info and update on footy issues.
I did watch the CH9 footy show for a period but tired of its childish humour, Eddies Collingwood excesses and Sam's twisted/staged opinions.

re: Married at first sight...yep...pile of scripted garbage that the women in my family love :-X

I flicked between the 2 last night.

Happened to be on TFS when they went to the crowd and had some people from MAFS....as soon as i heard that i turned over to TFB and stayed there for a while as punishment for their BS cross promotional crap.

Reply #19
I haven’t watched TFS for a while but I enjoy TFB on the odd occasion that I watch it.  TFB seems to have found its niche and is happy to stay there. TFS lost its way years ago and is torn between appealing to fans of Sam Newman and trying to forge a new identity.

The ratings suggest that TFB will continue as is and TFS will be jettisoned within weeks.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #20
Its about as real as the people they get on " the block"...half who couldnt bang a nail in straight yet renovate a whole home..

I've heard that The Block has a flotilla of tradies on-site to fix everything the moment the contestants leave.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #21
Foxtel's AFL 360 and On The Couch are miles ahead of any of the free to air TV shows.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #22
Prefer Footy classified to all the other shows, I'm not looking for a variety show and TV personalities, I prefer a Footy show that gives me some info and update on footy issues.
I did watch the CH9 footy show for a period but tired of its childish humour, Eddies Collingwood excesses and Sam's twisted/staged opinions.

re: Married at first sight...yep...pile of scripted garbage that the women in my family love :-X

Same page, EB1. FC is easily my first choice also when it comes to serious and intelligent footy discussion. When I'm not after intelligence but a laugh, then it's the FB.

I read recently about the phenomenal ratings of Married at First Sight, and considered moving to another planet. Pile of garbage is pretty spot on. I tried watching a few minutes and could actually feel my IQ points plummeting. Mrs Baggers though, another story... we reached a compromise, she can record it and watch it when I'm out of the house... preferably in another suburb or state!!! (just so the gals know, don't worry there are programs I watch which Mrs Baggers hates so the same deal applies... very democratic in our place).
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #23
I now only watch Netflix, Kayo, and SBS OnDemand - no fta tv at all. All news I get from the internet/online. Don't watch footy talk shows but FC sounds like it could be OK. Really enjoyed last night's game.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #24
The kids at my local primary school are so into MAFS it's insane.  Worrying, and insane.  If they are modelling gender roles, relationships, social interactions and behaviour from this manipulated, constructed shyte, lord help us all.  We're pucked.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #25
I might be a bit old fashioned, but why are primary school kids watching MAFS?  It is rated M.  Not for 12 year olds...

Reply #26
I might be a bit old fashioned, but why are primary school kids watching MAFS?  It is rated M.  Not for 12 year olds...

I agree. We don't exactly live in classy times unfortunately.

Reply #27
Same kids are on Facebook,  instagram,  snapchat and tinder-like platforms for kids. How can you help your own kids navigate the world when other kids are running unfettered, simply through parental neglect?

The education system is designed to do exactly that, not remedial work to make up for shyte parenting, which seems to be the norm these days.

I don't agree with most of what Sam says but one quote "99 percent of people are tree swingers" is all too true. Class,  as Paul points out,  is in short supply..... only a matter of time before somebody commodifies that as well.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #28
Agree, Prof.  A friend of mine is a school teacher and allows Facebook access for their 9 year old - a lot harder to control than when we were growing up and all our parents had to do was limit TV time and say no to buying yo-yos, and figurines and comics.

Reply #29
Agree, Prof.  A friend of mine is a school teacher and allows Facebook access for their 9 year old - a lot harder to control than when we were growing up and all our parents had to do was limit TV time and say no to buying yo-yos, and figurines and comics.

Kids who are troublemakers will always find it, even in my day. I was hardly troublesome, but I would go out for the entire day with mates and my parents would have no idea where I was and had no way of contacting me. All sorts of awful things could happen in such circumstances.

In some ways the mobile phone, social media era is safer, but certainly as you imply, you need to be a certain age to understand the technology and understand how to stay out of trouble.