Skip to main content
Topic: Pre game postulations: AFL 2021 Rd 4: Carlton vs Gold Coast on the Gold Coast (Read 6149 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre game postulations: AFL 2021 Rd 4: Carlton vs Gold Coast on the Gold Coast

Reply #75
Perhaps best to give Meat a chop-out from criticism just now. He was barely able to walk after the Richmond game and is under duress clearly since but fronts up every time. How that affects his hands mystifies me but likely a confidence thing. He hurts and bleeds for us. Nuf said.
This is true, well said.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Re: Pre game postulations: AFL 2021 Rd 4: Carlton vs Gold Coast on the Gold Coast

Reply #76
Lose this one and it will be nothing short of embarrassing.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #77
Perhaps best to give Meat a chop-out from criticism just now. He was barely able to walk after the Richmond game and is under duress clearly since but fronts up every time. How that affects his hands mystifies me but likely a confidence thing. He hurts and bleeds for us. Nuf said.

Without wanting to seem callous, but, if he's that injured why the hell is he playing? It's obviously affecting his contribution - which can only also knock his confidence for six. Surely it'd be better for him to have time off to heal any injury? I have no doubts that Meat is blue through and through but that's not the issue... the issue is can he contribute to a level that helps the team and his own confidence? I realise the most logical argument against what I am saying is that there aint too many 200cm blokes in our side who can also go into the ruck... but is the trade off working? Is it costing us in other ways?
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #78
You watch this weekend if Pittonet isn't on his A+-Game hitting it down our blokes throats, the GC will turn the small mobile ruck gig into a match winner, they'll run and spread in a way we can compete with, and once they've got any head start advantage at all there will be no stopping them from 5m behind!

We need Pittonet to be seriously dominant.

Dominant and/or unpredictable to the opposition.

IMO, 1 in every 5 (roughly) centre bounces he should simply punch the ball to a specific spot that our mids are aware of and we get the jump on the opposition mids heading there. That will force them to hold back a bit and cover a wider area, rather than simply the centre circle.

Reply #79
Without wanting to seem callous, but, if he's that injured why the hell is he playing? It's obviously affecting his contribution - which can only also knock his confidence for six. Surely it'd be better for him to have time off to heal any injury? I have no doubts that Meat is blue through and through but that's not the issue... the issue is can he contribute to a level that helps the team and his own confidence? I realise the most logical argument against what I am saying is that there aint too many 200cm blokes in our side who can also go into the ruck... but is the trade off working? Is it costing us in other ways?

I would have played omac in his stead last week.  Ironically we are short talks to drop him and if his output is poor but still frees up Harry its a win.

Kennedy should be next in.  A big bodied medium lead up forward is almost as good a decoy.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #80
Went to my Woolies the morning, many of the workers had their Carlton jumpers on, first time Ive seen this there. I'm scared, superstitious much?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #81
Dominant and/or unpredictable to the opposition.

IMO, 1 in every 5 (roughly) centre bounces he should simply punch the ball to a specific spot that our mids are aware of and we get the jump on the opposition mids heading there. That will force them to hold back a bit and cover a wider area, rather than simply the centre circle.

Worked for Clarke Keating in those grand finals.

Reply #82
Black cats, open umbrellas in your place, walk under ladders much, break a mirror GTC?

Reply #83
Worked for Clarke Keating in those grand finals.

Works for Bree Moody in the AFLW too.

Its a genuine tactic that is largely ignored in AFL because their is not quite the dominance you could get at other levels.

However, if there was ever a week to use it, this is it.

Reply #84
If Saad goes out I'd pick Kennedy before Williamson....

If that's the case, that's an injury list of Martin, Fisher, Saad, Williams, Curnow, Newman, TDK.....that's 7 who are arguably in the best 22. Throw in McGovern and Marchbank coming back from injuries....and Kemp. >:(

Reply #85
I was just told Marchbank has done a serious injury in the 2s.
Apparently leg just collapsed in a marking contest.
Word is an ACL or even possibly an Achilles.
Feel sorry for him poor blokes body just take take it.
I reckon this may be it and may not see him again.

Reply #86
I was just told Marchbank has done a serious injury in the 2s.
Apparently leg just collapsed in a marking contest.
Word is an ACL or even possibly an Achilles.
Feel sorry for him poor blokes body just take take it.
I reckon this may be it and may not see him again.

FFS, enough is enough.
I love the bloke, but we cannot afford his injury bills any more.
Send him packing, pick him for our VFL squad and once he is fit enough, redraft him.

Reply #87
Black cats, open umbrellas in your place, walk under ladders much, break a mirror GTC?

Marchbank did. Looks like he did an ACL in the Reserves today.