Skip to main content
Topic: VFL Round 3 NBs vs Collingwood  (Read 16707 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL Round 3 NBs vs Collingwood

Reply #90
Casboult was shopped around. Nobody wanted him!

Which is why I said: I can't believe nobody wanted Casboult last offseason.

Crazy stuff.

Reply #91
Casboult was shopped around. Nobody wanted him!

How hard though Kruddler?

SOS talked up Casboult’s role as back up ruck and, as it turned out, he has been pretty good insurance so far this season.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #93
Many actually believe the negative tripe is all there is to him.
his finishing has been a real problem,  and up until this year hes been fairly one dimensional.

We are covering that better now.  I expect he'll have more suitors at the end of this season after putting in his career best.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #94
How hard though Kruddler?

SOS talked up Casboult’s role as back up ruck and, as it turned out, he has been pretty good insurance so far this season.

Hard enough that it meant we had to cut Rowe instead.

Casboult IS insurance....and little more.

This year we will likely lose him for free via free agency and get sfa in compo for him ala Waite.

Reply #95
Casboult's set shot kicking has been much improved over the last few years (since Sav Rocca spent a lot of time working with him). Right now he's a better set shot than McKay from what I've seen this season

Reply #96

This year we will likely lose him for free via free agency and get sfa in compo for him ala Waite.

Agree, a KP forward poor club will offer Levi a little bit more than us and given SOS tried to trade him out for two years running
I cant see us offering him more regardless of form.

Reply #97
Agree, a KP forward poor club will offer Levi a little bit more than us and given SOS tried to trade him out for two years running
I cant see us offering him more regardless of form.

Especially if Kerr starts to show something?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #98
Casboult's set shot kicking has been much improved over the last few years (since Sav Rocca spent a lot of time working with him). Right now he's a better set shot than McKay from what I've seen this season

It would want to be, one of them has been in the system a decade, the other has just played 20 games!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #99
Especially if Kerr starts to show something?

Yep and I think young DeKoning would also be part of the thinking that we dont need Levi anymore......saying that
I'd be more inclined to keep Levi than Lobbe who is finished IMO.

Reply #100
Melbourne thought they didn't need Hogan either.   Weideman hasn't had a kick since.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #101
Melbourne thought they didn't need Hogan either.   Weideman hasn't had a kick since.

Yes, that is very analogous to the current Carlton KPF situation, they are greater than the sum of the individual components.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #102
Yep and I think young DeKoning would also be part of the thinking that we dont need Levi anymore......saying that
I'd be more inclined to keep Levi than Lobbe who is finished IMO.

Yes, that could give Levi another year.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #104

That's probably accurate knowing the AFL's form. I'd love a second rounder back for him - but lets face it - that aint gonna happen.

Career stats: 120 goals / 89 behinds - almost identical accuracy % to Buddy.