Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 9: Carlton vs. GWS (Read 23355 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 9: Carlton vs. GWS

Reply #105
Dale Thomas sent straight to the tribunal for abusing an umpire....but apparently it's all okay to crunch a bloke in the ribs with your knees?

One reason why our players play the way they do. Look at an opposition player, and it's straight to the tribunal.

Reply #106
I don't know but was it just me or did anyone else think Bolts looked pale and like he was staring death in the face during his presser? He looked defeated for the first time.

I thought he was similar after the Norp game, but why wouldn't you, did you see Barker at 1/2-time, he was moping sweat off his forehead?

In this regard I suspect Walls has also been an epic fail, another bad decision in my opinion! The coaches need somebody to keep them up and focused as well, it's not Walls style, he an old world fire and brimstone type who is more likely to hang sh1t than offer assistance!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #107
One reason why our players play the way they do. Look at an opposition player, and it's straight to the tribunal.

AFL as an organisation is now officially a f**king joke. A guy climbs a post and get nothing even though its a rule, then Mumford absolutely cannons into Murphy who was playing the ball, ends up in agony, goes off to hospital by ambulance with broken ribs, and will be out of the game for at least a month. And yep all good nothing to see here. What a joke!

Cripps literally taps a player with the softest jumper punch ever, nothing in it at all and comes away with a fine.

Then Thomas calls the boundary umpire a cheat and BANG off to the tribunal......with media saying he has to get a 3 weeks plus for it. On sen a caller said he should get 6!   

What the F""" is going on  >:( >:( >:(

Reply #108
AFL as an organisation is now officially a f**king joke. A guy climbs a post and get nothing even though its a rule, then Mumford absolutely cannons into Murphy who was playing the ball, ends up in agony, goes off to hospital by ambulance with broken ribs, and will be out of the game for at least a month. And yep all good nothing to see here. What a joke!

Cripps literally taps a player with the softest jumper punch ever, nothing in it at all and comes away with a fine.

Then Thomas calls the boundary umpire a cheat and BANG off to the tribunal......with media saying he has to get a 3 weeks plus for it. On sen a caller said he should get 6!   

It's time MLG and others make some serious noise!!!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #109

As I said earlier, I never gave it a second thought, but some of the goings on at HQ level, at MRO level, at umpire level, seem very suss.

Reply #110
Mumford should have been cited on that Murphy incident, yep he disguised it but he went in and used the knee to damage Murphy and it was
gutless stuff and I wish our blokes had paid him back with interest.
The AFL allowed GWS to get him back because their startup tam were soft and struggling without his thuggery and given his off field stuff it should have been stopped, he is a thug who could injure some player especially a kid for life.
Elbows, Knees doesnt matter these days , its more about who is delivering the offense and how important they are to the bottom line of the AFL..

Reply #111
I'm assuming we don't have any site issues as folks are still posting.

After a performance like this we usually get a stack of posts.
Losing usually sees a spike in activity as posters rush to give an opinion
Maybe there are a few  feeling the 'cure'.

That about sums it up for me Lods.
I didn't even feel frustrated during or after the game. Rather felt defeated and quite disinterested ????

If this continues, I guess I'll be looking elsewhere to put my energies. Shame as I've been a proud loyal member for decades. The solution to this 'cure', is simple. Show me we're progressing. I really thought these beltings were behind us. That's the hardest part for me. I can't imagine how it felt for our friends attending the game.....

CFC. give me something to be proud of please.

Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #112
Rampe got a fine for calling an umpire a "little girl"....if Thomas gets any game time for abusing an umpire then it's a joke.

Reply #113
Similar workings to a "Star Chamber" but in reverse.

We get collared for anything and I have no doubt that the AFL see Carlton as expendable as their interests are invested anywhere other than us.

No-one could convince me otherwise

Reply #114
I guess my point is that Debeor has done a number on everyone he has played on this season and its not like we didnt know what to expect?, there is never a plan B,C etc....he is the premier tagger
in the comp and Cripps is going to have more trouble than usual so why not help the poor bugger out a bit more. We cannot keep expecting him to carry the team and beat every tagger thrown his way, you have to have other plans. What is the point of recruiting Kennedy and Setterfield?....or having a midfield coach?

Daisy gave him some treatment and was promptly penalised, resulting in a shot on goal.

I agree with Kennedy. If he doesn't come in this week, then questions need to be asked (and loudly) as to why.

Reply #115
Mumford should have been cited on that Murphy incident, yep he disguised it but he went in and used the knee to damage Murphy and it was
gutless stuff and I wish our blokes had paid him back with interest.
The AFL allowed GWS to get him back because their startup tam were soft and struggling without his thuggery and given his off field stuff it should have been stopped, he is a thug who could injure some player especially a kid for life.
Elbows, Knees doesnt matter these days , its more about who is delivering the offense and how important they are to the bottom line of the AFL..

Just confirmed murphy has broken ribs and will be out for 2-3 weeks. How good would it be if someone from the club just mentioned it casually in a press conference that our bigger players will be practicing Mumfords technique and will put it into play, on smaller midfielders as it has a much bigger impact then a bump and best of all its legal. How good it that  ::).

Pretty obvious the AFL looks after their interests...GWS is one of them that the AFL need up there and the bend the rules whenever they can in order to assist.  

Reply #116
Just confirmed murphy has broken ribs and will be out for 2-3 weeks. How good would it be if someone from the club just mentioned it casually in a press conference that our bigger players will be practicing Mumfords technique and will put it into play, on smaller midfielders as it has a much bigger impact then a bump and best of all its legal. How good it that  ::).

Pretty obvious the AFL looks after their interests...GWS is one of them that the AFL need up there and the bend the rules whenever they can in order to assist.

I was surprised at the time that the commentators were actually calling for Mumford to be reported for 'unduly rough play'. Roos was pushing for it pretty hard. I cannot recall commentators be so full on calling for a report before.

....yet nothing.

Reply #117
I really don't think that the AFL cares whether we survive as a club or not tbh.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #118

Just listened to the real footy podcast with Caro, Niall and the other guy, and all three said they don't like the way Mumford goes about it. Made a specific point of saying that he plays his footy in a way that is dangerous to other players. Also said that the media may even play a role in this because they celebrate that type of footy.

Reply #119
Just listened to the real footy podcast with Caro, Niall and the other guy, and all three said they don't like the way Mumford goes about it. Made a specific point of saying that he plays his footy in a way that is dangerous to other players. Also said that the media may even play a role in this because they celebrate that type of footy.

I've heard the very same commentators laugh and praise Mumford for dirty cheap shots label Chris Yarran's punch on Chapman (they were fighting mind you) a dog act.

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!