Skip to main content
Topic: Christmas / NY (Read 4013 times) previous topic - next topic

Christmas / NY

Just wanted to start a thread to wish all on this site, and visitors, all the very best for a safe and joyful holiday season.

Also, if you want, I and I assume others, might be interested in knowing what some of us are getting up to over the break.

First Christmas in ages that Mrs Baggers and I are taking it easy. Just the two of us on Christmas day and lots of visitors over the following week. Besides, the home renovation is now in the home stretch and I'm keen to finish it... and if I don't complete Mrs Baggers' timber outdoor setting there'll be 2/3rds of a pawnbrokers sign over our front door.

Cheers and very best folks...

Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Re: Christmas / NY

Reply #1
Thanks Baggers. I send my same best wishes to your family and all of the people on this site.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #2
Season's greetings Baggers and to all other CSC members. I hope that Christmas is merry and that the New Year is a prosperous and happy one!
May the boys bring us much joy in 2020!!  ;D
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #3
My son came down to spend Christmas Eve with us and we’re off to my daughter’s in Torquay today.  Seeing the grandkids really makes Christmas for me  :)

We’re spending this evening with my outlaws at 13th Beach.  I’m the designated driver so no drinking for me today ... and that’s not necessarily a bad thing.  I was crippled with a gout-like pain in a knee last Christmas  :(

Have a great Christmas everyone 🎄
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #4
Thanks for starting the thread Baggers. BTW love your pic 💙

Wishing all a safe and peaceful holiday season.

This year is a strange Christmas for us. We had the family come to ours over the past few days. Today it's just the two of us, which is a bit weird. When it cools down it'll be seafood on the bbq and a cold drink or two.

Cheers everyone 🍾
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #5
Seasons greetings to all
Mrs G2C and I had Xmas in France with 210 of her relos, huge event. Now off to trot around Europe then more visits to fam in Italy
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #6
Freues Neues Jahr! Gelukkige Nuwe Jaar! С новым годом! Feliz Ano Novo!
Selamat Tahun Baru! Boldog új évet!
Bonne année! Godt nytår! Laimīgu Jauno gadu! Gott nytt år! Godt nytt år! Lokkich nijjier! Is-Sena t-Tajba! Gelukkig nieuwjaar!
Schéint Neit Joer! Hyvää uutta vuotta!
Šťastný nový rok!
Gleðilegt nýtt ár! Szczęśliwego Nowego Roku! Bliain nua shona! Felice anno nuovo! Feliz año nuevo! Selamat Tahun Baru! Среќна Нова година! Laimingų Naujųjų metų! Head uut aastat! Chúc mừng năm mới! Ευτυχισμένο το νέο έτος!
 نیا سال مبارک ہو

Щасливого Нового року! Blwyddyn Newydd Dda! Feliz aninovo!
نوی کال مو مبارک شه
Novus annus! Sretna Nova godina!
Bon any nou! Šťastný nový rok! Srečno novo leto! Bliadhna Mhath Ùr! Gëzuar Vitin e Ri!
ਨਵਾ ਸਾਲ ਮੁਬਾਰਕ
नववर्ष की शुभकामना
An Nou Fericit! Urte berri on!
Честита Нова Година! Срећна Нова година!
明けましておめでとうございます

In case you haven't got the gist of this post, have a Happy New Year! :)

PS: I couldn't find Klingon or Vulcan.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #7
Freues Neues Jahr! Gelukkige Nuwe Jaar! С новым годом! Feliz Ano Novo!
Selamat Tahun Baru! Boldog új évet!
Bonne année! Godt nytår! Laimīgu Jauno gadu! Gott nytt år! Godt nytt år! Lokkich nijjier! Is-Sena t-Tajba! Gelukkig nieuwjaar!
Schéint Neit Joer! Hyvää uutta vuotta!
Šťastný nový rok!
Gleðilegt nýtt ár! Szczęśliwego Nowego Roku! Bliain nua shona! Felice anno nuovo! Feliz año nuevo! Selamat Tahun Baru! Среќна Нова година! Laimingų Naujųjų metų! Head uut aastat! Chúc mừng năm mới! Ευτυχισμένο το νέο έτος!
 نیا سال مبارک ہو

Щасливого Нового року! Blwyddyn Newydd Dda! Feliz aninovo!
نوی کال مو مبارک شه
Novus annus! Sretna Nova godina!
Bon any nou! Šťastný nový rok! Srečno novo leto! Bliadhna Mhath Ùr! Gëzuar Vitin e Ri!
ਨਵਾ ਸਾਲ ਮੁਬਾਰਕ
नववर्ष की शुभकामना
An Nou Fericit! Urte berri on!
Честита Нова Година! Срећна Нова година!
明けましておめでとうございます

In case you haven't got the gist of this post, have a Happy New Year! :)

PS: I couldn't find Klingon or Vulcan.

I think Klingon for happy NY is 5 fingers pointing upward, then raised upward to the heavens.

Vulcan is, "What a curious thing, this NY celebration. It is in fact simply another day. Strange things, these humans."

(I made up the Klingon one ;-) )

Reply #8
I didn't think I'd live to see 2020 after Monday nite in Orbost ....I now know what hell looks like

Reply #9
I didn't think I'd live to see 2020 after Monday nite in Orbost ....I now know what hell looks like
Glad that you made it! Not the best of times to be in that part of the world. Hope you remain safe and sound.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #10
Glad that you made it! Not the best of times to be in that part of the world. Hope you remain safe and sound.

Thanks crash :)  Right at this moment, it's a pea soup London fog outside.  Just makes driving conditions even more hazardous.  22 hours without sleep, drenching the house with buckets and hoses ...

Reply #11
Thanks crash :)  Right at this moment, it's a pea soup London fog outside.  Just makes driving conditions even more hazardous.  22 hours without sleep, drenching the house with buckets and hoses ...

Bloody hell, CC, please take care of yourself mate. Our thoughts are with you.

What really worries me is that we're only early in summer and these fires in NSW, SA, QLD and VIC have been on and off for more than a month already.

Reply #12
Can't even breathe outside Baggers !!   You need a gas mask.  Literally ....

Reply #13
Take care of yourself CC in this very dangerous time. Someone very close to me got back from Orbost last Sat after visiting her sister for Christmas. They then both travelled back to Melbourne together. Talk about getting out by the skin of their teeth! At that time it was black soot raining down from fires quite a long distance from the town. How quickly things can change.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #14
The CFA is just down my street Cookie.  They watched out for all of us and they're gonna get some slabs from me tmrw.  Staggering devotion to their jobs and the community.  The roar of the flame storm and fire on three sides you could easily see made you feel very small VERY quickly.

My lawn's covered in black eucalyptus leaves still perfectly formed.  The wave of heat from where they came must have been that intense and the winds did the rest. 

Thanks again to all of you :)  Mike