Skip to main content
Topic: Need to Stick fat. (Read 34487 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Need to Stick fat.

Reply #30
HELLO!!! :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

i have been banging on about the board here from day 1

so all lets put the white flag up and sook into our corners....

I don't think too many folk disagreed with you regarding the factionalism of the board.
Where we disagree is that one group is any better or different

We're not putting up a white flag.
We're not sooking
It's the complete opposite
We're asking for change.

Reply #31
At the end of the day, we are performing crape on the field.  They need all the help they can get.  If they can see the supporters there giving support, it might lift them that 5 or 10 percent that they need.  They have no confidence and the fact that no one is going to the games just adds to that.

I mean.  GWS Cheersquad is larger than the Blues cheersquad that rocked up last night.

Fans need to rally.  All I can see is that we are eating our own.

Do be honest it is disgraceful and we should hang our heads in shame

Reply #32
i am not a religious person....religion is your interpretation...

i retracted the fair weather supporter statement...read the thread

stop spinning it...Carlton supporter and members MUST financially support this club ..by turning up to etihad (a stadium of which I despise) and swiping their membership card

if not, we run the risk of turning into a Fitzroy

OK preacher boy, you tell me to read the thread then disregard the financial contribution I make to the club, with no benefit for me. There is no spin here, it's how I feel and what I do. As for you totally missing the comparison with born again Christianity and thinking that I'm saying you're religious.....OMG!

Telling Kruddler he is not a fair weather supporter but a football guru, then have the eye rolling icon afterwards is not a retraction either.

Understanding why you cannot see the other side of an argument like most of the intelligent people on here. 

Reply #33
@raydan
...whatever. .....

Reply #34
I got my first CFC membership in 1964 and didn't miss a Melbourne game during our threepeat wooden spoon years, but I'm not rocking up any more until I see some positive signs that the club realises what the problems are, acknowledges them and takes measures to address them.
In my opinion our current plight is directly attributable to our appalling recruiting over many years, yet at the end of last season we traded out pick 7 and attempted to get a "three for one" deal rather than back our judgement and develop young talent, we also traded in hacks for middle rung draft picks.
Judd is Judd and he's been good for the club but we paid a very high price to get him like we did for Thomas, in both cases we were dazzled by names and reputations.
Unless there's some sign that this quick fix mentality is over once and for all I'm staying home, if the club wants to keep running like a school tuck shop they don't deserve my support.
My best guess is that we'll sack Malthouse and nothing else will change, so I've probably seen my last live game for a while.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #35
I got my first CFC membership in 1964 and didn't miss a Melbourne game during our threepeat wooden spoon years, but I'm not rocking up any more until I see some positive signs that the club realises what the problems are, acknowledges them and takes measures to address them.
In my opinion our current plight is directly attributable to our appalling recruiting over many years, yet at the end of last season we traded out pick 7 and attempted to get a "three for one" deal rather than back our judgement and develop young talent, we also traded in hacks for middle rung draft picks.
Judd is Judd and he's been good for the club but we paid a very high price to get him like we did for Thomas, in both cases we were dazzled by names and reputations.
Unless there's some sign that this quick fix mentality is over once and for all I'm staying home, if the club wants to keep running like a school tuck shop they don't deserve my support.
My best guess is that we'll sack Malthouse and nothing else will change, so I've probably seen my last live game for a while.

Are you saying Judd isn't worth what we paid / gave up for him ? IMO, he has delivered in spades and he's worth every cent. I would do the deal again in a heartbeat. You don't say no when arguably the greatest player of his generation wants to come to your club.

Reply #38
I'm kinda thankful we're playing in Sydney next week, solves the conundrum of whether or not to attend.......
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #39
Are you saying Judd isn't worth what we paid / gave up for him ? IMO, he has delivered in spades and he's worth every cent. I would do the deal again in a heartbeat. You don't say no when arguably the greatest player of his generation wants to come to your club.

I'm saying that he came at a very high price and ultimately the club won't achieve success while he's a Carlton player, I'm not for a moment questioning his ability or commitment to the club.
We were miles off being a Premiership contender when we recruited Judd and one player was never going to make the difference no matter how good he was, we should have shown patience but it was as much about marketing and membership as it was about winning premierships.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #40
I'm saying that he came at a very high price and ultimately the club won't achieve success while he's a Carlton player, I'm not for a moment questioning his ability or commitment to the club.
We were miles off being a Premiership contender when we recruited Judd and one player was never going to make the difference no matter how good he was, we should have shown patience but it was as much about marketing and membership as it was about winning premierships.

So if we had our time again, you wouldn't go through with the Judd trade ?

Reply #41
So if we had our time again, you wouldn't go through with the Judd trade ?

No, and I wouldn't have traded pick 7 last year either, or paid a squillion for Thomas.
Tom Bell is playing as well as anyone at the moment and he came out of Queensland onto the rookie list, and barring injury he'll be at the club for 10 years plus.
But where are our current ten year players?
Simpson, Carrazzo, Walker and..................?

Reply #42
No, and I wouldn't have traded pick 7 last year either, or paid a squillion for Thomas.
Tom Bell is playing as well as anyone at the moment and he came out of Queensland onto the rookie list, and barring injury he'll be at the club for 10 years plus.
But where are our current ten year players?
Simpson, Carrazzo, Walker and..................?

I agree about pick 7 last year, and I agree about Daisy. But the Judd deal was well worth it IMO. Agree to disagree.

Reply #43
I agree about pick 7 last year, and I agree about Daisy. But the Judd deal was well worth it IMO. Agree to disagree.

No problems, but Josh Kennedy would be handy about now.

Reply #44
I'm kinda thankful we're playing in Sydney next week, solves the conundrum of whether or not to attend.......
What have we become B Man :-[
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time