Skip to main content
Topic: Need to Stick fat. (Read 35282 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Need to Stick fat.

Reply #60
I'll still continue to go to games, even though it's really hard to watch.
Been a member every year since 1994.
Sat through the Dark Years under Den Den when things were even worse coz we couldn't even afford footys for the players to train with, had dilapidated facilities etc.
I can do this again, but sure as hell hope we get our sh*t together right this time with the rebuild, both on and off the field.

Well done Dominator- we support the club as a whole irrespective of who runs the joint...

Reply #61
Oh Mozzie, such an apt name.

I'm well aware that the club loses money when nobody turns up.

What you are suggesting doesn't quite make sense though.

I know the club talks in general terms with attendances and profit/losses at games. What you are saying IMO is parroting what the club says.
However, i think the reality isn't so clear cut. Under your situation...

Scenario 1. If we get 19,999 people attend the game and each one of them buys a ticket at the gate. Not 1 single person is a member....because we didn't get 20,000 people there, we pay.

Scenario 2. If we have 20,000 people attend a game, and each one of them uses their membership card to get in, not 1 person buys a ticket at the gate. Then we don't pay Etihad a cent.

In reality,
 - under scenario 1, Etihad takes a lot of coin at the gate.
 - under scenario 2, Etihad doesn't make a cent.

But you are suggesting that 1 person makes all the difference? BS.

My interpretation of what the club says is that assuming general member/supporter ratio, the break even point is about 20,000. That is not set in stone.

So given i am a member and don't pay at the gate, my (non)attendance makes SFA difference to the bottom line.

wrong in red and I never said that...to suggest that my comment was intended to be solely directed to one member will affect the bottom line is intellectually dishonest...

its bleedingly obvious that if all members took your position , financially we will be in receivership..

Reply #62
wrong in red and I never said that...to suggest that my comment was intended to be solely directed to one member will affect the bottom line is intellectually dishonest...

its bleedingly obvious that if all members took your position , financially we will be in receivership..

I know you never said it.....but what you said was wrong.

I was pointing out why it was wrong by expanding on what you said to prove it was wrong.

You can't follow simple logic, so i don't know why i bother. It's like talking to a brick wall with you.

In short, what you said was wrong.

Further to that, if all our members were brainwashed yes-men like you, we'd be stuck with the same administration for eternity because they can do no wrong....forget about winning any flags with 'everything is fine' mantra you've been force fed.

Reply #63
I know you never said it.....but what you said was wrong.

I was pointing out why it was wrong by expanding on what you said to prove it was wrong.

You can't follow simple logic, so i don't know why i bother. It's like talking to a brick wall with you.

In short, what you said was wrong.

Further to that, if all our members were brainwashed yes-men like you, we'd be stuck with the same administration for eternity because they can do no wrong....forget about winning any flags with 'everything is fine' mantra you've been force fed.

My Last comment on this ....to suggest I am a yes man is intellectually dishonest. ...

Reply #65

Reply #67
Only blind fools 'stick fat' when the fat is simply wrong.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #68
Only blind fools 'stick fat' when the fat is simply wrong.

I'm sticking fat, not because I think it will change anything but because I'm Carlton through and through.   I've come through the last decade okay, the next decade might be more of the same, but one day we might get to where we need to go, and these crap years will make the up years more enjoyable.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #69
20 years since the last flag is plenty of Fat. Some will see the years out and others will chose not to. It could be another 10 years before we see big success and that will be 30 years between flags. There haven't been too many periods of 30 years without a flag in our clubs past. Stick Fat sometimes sounds like put up with more sh1t as there could be 20 more years of sh1t to come. So suck it up and stop sooking. How about the club does something that gets us in a era like the Cats, Hawks and Swans have experienced. Top 4 clubs for quite a few years and top 8 sides for at least a decade. Multiple flags over 10 years.

Sure that might come, but the key word is "might".
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #70
I'm sticking fat, not because I think it will change anything but because I'm Carlton through and through. 

I think everyone on this forum is Thry, otherwise we wouldn't be here.
All Carlton supporters are very frustrated at the moment, we thought we'd been through the worst but now we're not so sure it couldn't happen all over again and it leaves a bitter taste.
I'll stick with The Blues because it's who I am, but I hope I see some real and lasting change at the club before I'm done.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #71
I think everyone on this forum is Thry, otherwise we wouldn't be here.

That's right  ;)
Even the most critical here are demonstrating they care.
They're motivated by a desire to want the club to be better.

Reply #72
Of course.

It's why despite what we believe or how often we have disagreement we all want the best for it and just have different views on how we get there.

ironically the club want us to stick fat, but they don't do much of that.  First sign of weakness and it's out tge door.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #73
If we didn't care for the club, we wouldn't go to any games, or watch any games on TV. We wouldn't come here to vent our feelings and opinions. We would turn to soccer, tennis, volleyball, or netball for that matter. We do care which is why we share our anger here. We just offer threats to throw our love away in anger on how this great club has been managed for so long. I agree with all of us here sharing the same feelings. I just wish the entire club would put the best plan together to get us back to where we were so many years ago. Other clubs have done it so it isn't impossible. We can stick the fat when the upper board level sheds the fat. How about the board members do that for a change, and help rebuild in the most productive way the club can. Then we will stick it for a while because we will see an instant change on the playing field. Players having confidence we will move forward.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #74
Of course.

It's why despite what we believe or how often we have disagreement we all want the best for it and just have different views on how we get there.

ironically the club want us to stick fat, but they don't do much of that.  First sign of weakness and it's out tge door.

I would argue they are trying to do that at present. Rightly or wrongly, it's the first sign of unity the upper eschelons of the club have shown for a while.