Skip to main content
Topic: Need to Stick fat. (Read 35270 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Need to Stick fat.

Reply #75
I would argue they are trying to do that at present. Rightly or wrongly, it's the first sign of unity the upper eschelons of the club have shown for a while.

I think Logiudice and his faction + Trigg are presenting a united front

Do you think though that unity extends
-beyond the ruling faction to other members of the board
-to full support of the coach
-to full support of the playing group

Reply #76
You want me to try and guess or infer, because we have absolutely no way of knowing that for sure.
Appearing to be united is equally as important as being united behind the scenes, for everyone concerned. The fact they haven't caved to media pressure yet is certainly worth something. (Like I said in the previous post, rightly or wrongly). I seem to remember just recently that they came in for some criticism on this very forum for not standing up to the media.

So without trying to second guess motives or agendas that I for one have no knowledge of, outwardly at least, the support for the coach and playing group seems to be there.

Reply #77
got better things to do on a weekend.
From a football purist POV, i d rather watch freo, syd, geelong and hawks go at it
its the old adage, "if you dont give 100% why should i"?
you promised me competitiveness, you promised me confidence.... but now i know
this was a ruse to get my money. I dont support dishonesty.
When this club begins to be honest with themselves and their members...then i will support you

Reply #78
I think Logiudice and his faction + Trigg are presenting a united front

Do you think though that unity extends
-beyond the ruling faction to other members of the board
-to full support of the coach
-to full support of the playing group

No chance.

I would say that our football department mirrors our board level.

Lots of finger pointing, few taking ownership and accountability, and everyone seeming to be waiting for someone to show some initiative.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #79
The pres blinked in RD two and admitted we were rebuilding!
The press were all over it with talk of who's up for trade and what they are worth.
It comes out over the weekend that the "powers" spoke with Gibbs and Murphy to tell them they were "required".
So everyone else on the list KNOWS they are tradeable, If I was Henderson, Yarram, Casboult or any of the other 40 odd I would be telling my manager to get the best deal for me before Carlton tries to do the best deal for them, as the club does not rate them going forward.

This is a complete fiasco from the remnants of an appalling board that has presided over this club for nearly 20 years (pratts time excluded)

I've said it before and I say it again, time for a coup!!!!

Reply #80
If the players are so heart broken after a loss, why is their effort so pitiful out on the ground?

It doesn't make any sense.

The only thing I can think of is that the heart break and tears are selfish and/or hypocritical.

Like probably many others, I'm angry with the players for embarrassing the jumper. We pay them good money and take time out of our week to watch them ply their craft and we are rewarded with the limp efforts of the last few weeks.

It's hard to support or take pride in the club/jumper when the players wearing the jumper and representing the club are showing no passion or pride.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #81
The pres blinked in RD two and admitted we were rebuilding!
The press were all over it with talk of who's up for trade and what they are worth.
It comes out over the weekend that the "powers" spoke with Gibbs and Murphy to tell them they were "required".
So everyone else on the list KNOWS they are tradeable, If I was Henderson, Yarram, Casboult or any of the other 40 odd I would be telling my manager to get the best deal for me before Carlton tries to do the best deal for them, as the club does not rate them going forward.

This is a complete fiasco from the remnants of an appalling board that has presided over this club for nearly 20 years (pratts time excluded)

I've said it before and I say it again, time for a coup!!!!

That's a big mistake IMO by the president.

IMO a club should never use the term 'rebuilding', whether you are or not. IMO that phrase is insulting to the players who are currently on the list. It can also suggest to them that they are not good enough.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #82
IMO that phrase is insulting to the players who are currently on the list. It can also suggest to them that they are not good enough.

Suggest? Mick flat out says they're not good enough. He's even singled players out.

Reply #83
For God's sake, if the players are that bloody precious that hearing  that we are 'rebuilding' has scarred them, and scared them into playing soft, lazy, unaccountable footy, then they are right there demonstrating the exact reason why we need a clean out of the list.

Reply #84
For God's sake, if the players are that bloody precious that hearing  that we are 'rebuilding' has scarred them, and scared them into playing soft, lazy, unaccountable footy, then they are right there demonstrating the exact reason why we need a clean out of the list.

When a company announces redundancies what do you think happens? Everyone starts working 16 hours shifts or they go screw this, put in the minimum amount of work and use their time productively for their own benefit?

Reply #85
When a company announces redundancies what do you think happens? Everyone starts working 16 hours shifts or they go screw this, put in the minimum amount of work and use their time productively for their own benefit?
Going through it as we speak
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #86

x2

Reply #87
If the players are so heart broken after a loss, why is their effort so pitiful out on the ground?

It doesn't make any sense.

The only thing I can think of is that the heart break and tears are selfish and/or hypocritical.

Like probably many others, I'm angry with the players for embarrassing the jumper. We pay them good money and take time out of our week to watch them ply their craft and we are rewarded with the limp efforts of the last few weeks.

It's hard to support or take pride in the club/jumper when the players wearing the jumper and representing the club are showing no passion or pride.

it comes down to one - thing again - LEADERSHIP.

cARLTON HAS SFA - AT ANY LEVEL.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #88

I have 4 words for you.................Could not agree more.

I found my thrills, on Windy Pills