Skip to main content
Topic: Need to Stick fat. (Read 34487 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Need to Stick fat.

Reply #90
Our team has been accused of lapses into soft, unaccountable footy for many seasons, and certainly long before the rebuild was publicly announced.

Nevertheless, what I see this season is a new low, and the rebuild announcement could well be the difference between previous seasons' "mild" under performance, and this season's titanic under performance. 

FWIW, I agree with IOT. People give respect and effort when they receive it.

Reply #91
Hope it works out for you, redundancies suck, even if you don't get the chop
Very similar to CFC, poor senior management, lack of direction by the board, work has dried up, staff no longer care as they are just waiting for the tap on the shoulder.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #92
The biggest questions if Mick is gone in 2 weeks, is will he see out the season. Will he be told to leave immediately. Who will be caretaker. Then will the crowds increase or decrease in the first game with a new coach. This will determine if supporters are to stick the fat. We could see an almost empty stadium soon.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #93
The biggest questions if Mick is gone in 2 weeks, is will he see out the season. Will he be told to leave immediately. Who will be caretaker. Then will the crowds increase or decrease in the first game with a new coach. This will determine if supporters are to stick the fat. We could see an almost empty stadium soon.
I am sure Trigg and LoGiudice have all the answers to these questions.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #94

Footy Classified crew seem to think he will walk when told told its over and wont be part of any caretaker deal, my guess is he will be paid out and sign a deal where he doesnt comment until seasons end.
Think a new coach always has a honeymoon period and crowds will come back a bit...worrying suggestion from FC was that John Worsfold appears to be positioning himself to either apply or may even be ready to be appointed to the job. He wrote some note to the coaches saying he would resign his position as the coaches association president(I think thats his title) if he was going for senior coaching roles...didnt mention Carlton but his timing to return to coaching isnt a coincidence is it?

Reply #95
Like Johnno Brown and dunstall were saying on OTC, you can't waste a season, and that's what will happen if we keep Mick.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #96
Footy Classified crew seem to think he will walk when told told its over and wont be part of any caretaker deal, my guess is he will be paid out and sign a deal where he doesnt comment until seasons end.
Think a new coach always has a honeymoon period and crowds will come back a bit...worrying suggestion from FC was that John Worsfold appears to be positioning himself to either apply or may even be ready to be appointed to the job. He wrote some note to the coaches saying he would resign his position as the coaches association president(I think thats his title) if he was going for senior coaching roles...didnt mention Carlton but his timing to return to coaching isnt a coincidence is it?

Don't you want Woosha?
Who would you like Elwood? Someone from Hawthorn?(not rats)
Are you wanting a thorough search?
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #97
Don't you want Woosha?
Who would you like Elwood? Someone from Hawthorn?(not rats)
Are you wanting a thorough search?

Phanto...No to Woosha and Yes I want a proper interview process with some Independents on the panel...No quick appointments or decisions without process or mates
employing mates etc etc....

Reply #98
Can the process of finding a new coach begin straight away.  What is the go with interviewing prospective coaches who are tied up at other clubs? 

Reply #99
Phanto...No to Woosha and Yes I want a proper interview process with some Independents on the panel...No quick appointments or decisions without process or mates
employing mates etc etc....
Not possible, there hasnt been a selection process since 1978, his the list in Chrono order:
Malthouse
Ratten
Pagan
Brittain
Parkin
Jesaulenko
Walls
Parkin
Jones
Jesaulenko
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #100
Not possible, there hasnt been a selection process since 1978, his the list in Chrono order:
Malthouse
Ratten
Pagan
Brittain
Parkin
Jesaulenko
Walls
Parkin
Jones
Jesaulenko
can we interview all of them? ;)
2024... Moir of the same to come