Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 13: Pre Game posturing: Carlton vs Gold Coast (Read 16201 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 13: Pre Game posturing: Carlton vs Gold Coast

Reply #45
In: Boekhurst and SPS

Out: A Silvagni and Sumner

Both injured

Glad Boekhorst is being given another shot. Probably seen the last of Sumner... true glassman.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #46
As listed

FF: Petrovski-Seton    Silvagni      Fisher
HF: Thomas              Casboult     Cunningham
Ce: Williamson         Cripps         Simpson
HB: E Curnow           Weitering    Docherty
HB: Plowman           Jones          Marchbank

FO: Kreuzer            Gibbs          Murphy

Int: C Curnow Lamb Boekhurst Wright

Emer: McKay Graham Smedts
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #47
B: Lachie Plowman - Liam Jones - Caleb Marchbank
HB: Ed Curnow - Jacob Weitering - Sam Docherty
C: Tom Williamson - Patrick Cripps - Kade Simpson
HF: Dale Thomas - Levi Casboult - David Cuningham
F: Samo Petrevski-Seton - Jack Silvagni - Zac Fisher
R: Matthew Kreuzer - Bryce Gibbs - Marc Murphy (C)

Interchange: Matthew Wright - Blaine Boekhorst - Jed Lamb - Charlie Curnow

Emergencies   16. Billie Smedts   32. Nick Graham   10. Harry McKay

Reply #48
So we've gone for speed this time.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #49
Late change?  Will Macca fly with the team?
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #50
Glad Boekhorst is being given another shot. Probably seen the last of Sumner... true glassman.
Real shame about Sumner, I like him alot but it seems his body isnt upto the rigours of AFL footy.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #51

Probably the ideal game for Boekhorst vs a mob who play outside footy and hopefully in good conditions that should suit him running up and down the wings....last chance for him IMO.

Reply #52
Probably the ideal game for Boekhorst vs a mob who play outside footy and hopefully in good conditions that should suit him running up and down the wings....last chance for him IMO.

Beginning to sound like the Last Chance Saloon EB?  :o
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #53
Beginning to sound like the Last Chance Saloon EB?  :o

Yep Cookie...some of these blokes like Boekhorst, Buckley, Lamb, Gorringe, Jaksch...even Graham might only get a game or two if that  in the 2nd half of the season....its still a rebuild and I reckon at least 10 names will be disappearing off the list at seasons end..

Dont see Boekhorst making it...not physical enough for AFL footy and being a Rogers selection wont help him either...but at least he gets a chance unlike some others who probably wont see the light of day in the seniors...

Reply #54
Carlton

B: Lachie Plowman, Liam Jones, Caleb Marchbank.
HB: Ed Curnow, Jacob Weitering, Sam Docherty.
C: Tom Williamson, Patrick Cripps, Kade Simpson.
HF: Dale Thomas, Levi Casboult, David Cuningham.
F: Sam Petrevski-Seton, Jack Silvagni, Zac Fisher.
R: Matthew Kreuzer, Bryce Gibbs, Marc Murphy.
Int: Matthew Wright, Blaine Boekhorst, Jed Lamb, Charlie Curnow.
Emg: Billie Smedts, Nick Graham, Harry McKay.

In: Sam Petrevski-Seton, Blaine Boekhorst
Out: Liam Sumner (Adductor), Alex Silvagni (Knee)

I think Fisher is a little lucky to be still in the team. Boekhorst has been playing better, but must still consider himself more than a tad lucky. All of Smedts, Graham and McKay are a bit stiff to miss.
Hopefully the selectors made the right moves, even though they did not go as I expected. But then, when do they?

Gold Coast Suns

B: Jesse Joyce, Jack Leslie, Kade Kolodjashnij.
HB: Pearce Hanley, Steven May, Adam Saad.
C: Matt Rosa, Gary Ablett, David Swallow.
HF: Jarryd Lyons, Tom J. Lynch, Jesse Lonergan.
F: Alex Sexton, Peter Wright, Jack Martin.
R: Jarrod Witts, Aaron Hall, Michael Barlow.
Int: Sean Lemmens, Ben Ainsworth, Brandon Matera, Mackenzie Willis.
Emg: Brayden Fiorini, Callum Ah Chee, Rory Thompson.

No Change

Witts and Gawn have been the only ruckman to clearly beat Kreuzer in the ruck this year. Witts has done what I thought he couldn't do: develop as a true ruckman. His extra height is difficult for Kreuzer to deal with.
We need to stop Ablett, who got a lot of ball last time, and Lynch, who killed us with his goals from distance. It will be interesting to see who is given the task on these guys.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #55
Carlton

B: Lachie Plowman, Liam Jones, Caleb Marchbank.
HB: Ed Curnow, Jacob Weitering, Sam Docherty.
C: Tom Williamson, Patrick Cripps, Kade Simpson.
HF: Dale Thomas, Levi Casboult, David Cuningham.
F: Sam Petrevski-Seton, Jack Silvagni, Zac Fisher.
R: Matthew Kreuzer, Bryce Gibbs, Marc Murphy.
Int: Matthew Wright, Blaine Boekhorst, Jed Lamb, Charlie Curnow.
Emg: Billie Smedts, Nick Graham, Harry McKay.

In: Sam Petrevski-Seton, Blaine Boekhorst
Out: Liam Sumner (Adductor), Alex Silvagni (Knee)

I think Fisher is a little lucky to be still in the team. Boekhorst has been playing better, but must still consider himself more than a tad lucky. All of Smedts, Graham and McKay are a bit stiff to miss.
Hopefully the selectors made the right moves, even though they did not go as I expected. But then, when do they?

Gold Coast Suns

B: Jesse Joyce, Jack Leslie, Kade Kolodjashnij.
HB: Pearce Hanley, Steven May, Adam Saad.
C: Matt Rosa, Gary Ablett, David Swallow.
HF: Jarryd Lyons, Tom J. Lynch, Jesse Lonergan.
F: Alex Sexton, Peter Wright, Jack Martin.
R: Jarrod Witts, Aaron Hall, Michael Barlow.
Int: Sean Lemmens, Ben Ainsworth, Brandon Matera, Mackenzie Willis.
Emg: Brayden Fiorini, Callum Ah Chee, Rory Thompson.

No Change

Witts and Gawn have been the only ruckman to clearly beat Kreuzer in the ruck this year. Witts has done what I thought he couldn't do: develop as a true ruckman. His extra height is difficult for Kreuzer to deal with.
We need to stop Ablett, who got a lot of ball last time, and Lynch, who killed us with his goals from distance. It will be interesting to see who is given the task on these guys.

Be wanting Aaron Hall manned up well too, gets plenty of ball...they get plenty of run out of defense, we didnt handle it very last time and let players like Saad run away into space too often.
Witts had a good game last time and as you suggested is a awkward lump of a bloke who troubled MK with his height and size....
Dont think GC are that great but they have some awkward matchups and are very quick...we have included two more quicker players which may help but we need to man up and tackle better than we did last time and force GC into more contests...it became an outside game last time and that doesnt suit us.

Reply #56
Dont see Boekhorst making it...not physical enough for AFL footy and being a Rogers selection wont help him either...but at least he gets a chance unlike some others who probably wont see the light of day in the seniors...

There is some irony in his selection, I thought his last game was possibly one of his worst this VFL season!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #57
Yep Cookie...some of these blokes like Boekhorst, Buckley, Lamb, Gorringe, Jaksch...even Graham might only get a game or two if that  in the 2nd half of the season....its still a rebuild and I reckon at least 10 names will be disappearing off the list at seasons end..

Agree. I'd add to names you mentioned in - Boekhorst, Buckley, Lamb, Gorringe, Jaksch, Graham....

That of - Sumner, Armfield, White, Gallucci (rookie), Korcheck (rookie). Possibly Glass-McCasker (rookie) also.

Gibbs to likely leave also you'd think via a trade.

I've listed 10 senior list players and 3 rookies as 'potential' outs.

Reply #58
Agree. I'd add to names you mentioned in - Boekhorst, Buckley, Lamb, Gorringe, Jaksch, Graham....

That of - Sumner, Armfield, White, Gallucci (rookie), Korcheck (rookie). Possibly Glass-McCasker (rookie) also.

Gibbs to likely leave also you'd think via a trade.

I've listed 10 senior list players and 3 rookies as 'potential' outs.

I've changed my mind on Buckley. A year back I'd have him in trouble, but now having seen his work at VFL level, and given Simmo has only a season or two left. I reckon Buckley could get himself setup as Simmo's natural replacement.

JGM gets some slack from me, prior to getting his jaw broken he was also looking quite good at VFL level.

As much as I love his efforts, I cannot see Galluci getting past Le Bois, Pickett or SPS.

Korcheck has stalled somewhat, but that does happen with International Rookies, they seem to go through a transition period in their 2nd or 3rd season.

I think Sumner, Gorringe and Jaksch are in a lot of trouble. They've moved clubs and basically found themselves in the same position at a venue with a weaker list than the one they left!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #59
I've changed my mind on Buckley. A year back I'd have him in trouble, but now having seen his work at VFL level, and given Simmo has only a season or two left. I reckon Buckley could get himself setup as Simmo's natural replacement.

JGM gets some slack from me, prior to getting his jaw broken he was also looking quite good at VFL level.

As much as I love his efforts, I cannot see Galluci getting past Le Bois, Pickett or SPS.

Korcheck has stalled somewhat, but that does happen with International Rookies, they seem to go through a transition period in their 2nd or 3rd season.

I think Sumner, Gorringe and Jaksch are in a lot of trouble. They've moved clubs and basically found themselves in the same position at a venue with a weaker list than the one they left!

Yep, it will be interesting. I'm hoping Buckley comes on. He'll need to do it at AFL level before the seasons through to win a new contract.

JGM is fair enough. He would want to show a bit still at VFL seniors level b4 the season is out, Korcheck quite possibly also.

Playing VFL reserves, doesn't instill me with great hope.