Skip to main content
Topic: Who do you expect to have a breakout season in 2014?  (Read 15808 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Who do you expect to have a breakout season in 2014?

Reply #45
What i think:
Menzel for sure. Unfortunately due to our lack of targets upfront he will be the go to man. Good overhead and a reliable kick for goal. Sorry to put a negative spin on things but there will be a heavy over reliance on young Menzel. Will be a gun though.

What i hope:
The one im hoping for is Watson. FFS boy, take that Key position spot in defence, make it your own and allow Hendo to play permanent forward. Watto's only 21-22 so there is plenty of time for him to show his worth. 

Slider:
I think McInnes will really struggle to find a consistent oppurtunity with Everitt and Docherty now in the team. Unless we're planning to use Everitt as a wing or forward or if Mick is planning to use McInnes as a Key defender (god forbid), I see his chances are limited. Which is disappointing because he's a real player.

Reply #46
Jaseace if McInnes is a real player and can mark a ball, he might be worth turning into a 3rd forward type. Helping Henderson and Rowe along with Menzel. Either way he needs to have more development and turned into a good trade at worst. I'm not happy with losing players for nothing. Players must have value and trade value at the very least.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #47
If Watson steps up and can play some good solid consistent footy, I'll suggest we are a top 4 chance.....a lot of other things being equal.

Lot of improvement is evident in many players for 2014 - from the top - Murph, Gibbs, Special K, Jamo, Yarran, Juddy (arguably), Warnock, Carrots (even if fit).

Add - Daisy and BOS (Everitt) to that.
Then the younger crop - Bell, 2E, Lucas, Garlett, Menzel, Hendo, Docherty....Curnow.

There is some serious talent there - on PAPER - as good as anyone - Hawks, Cats, Swans, Freo included.

Then the guys who are pretty solid most weeks these days - Scoto, Walker, Simmo, McLean.

Others like Waite, Rowe, Casboult......

If Waite can extract one full season without injury or brain fades well......hmmmm.
Finals, then 4 in a row!