Skip to main content
Topic: JLT 2018 - Carlton v Hawthorn (Sat 10th Feb) (Read 35752 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: JLT 2018 - Carlton v Hawthorn (Sat 10th Feb)

Reply #270
Yeah I'm sure the cancer battle wouldn't have made much difference. ::)

The older players are just going about this time of year and are blowing out the cobwebs AND when the chips were down I thought Roughie had a fairly good effort at trying to lift and impose himself, but he did so like a player who is trying to work his way back into it.

The cancer battle will have caused its own issues, but I doubt it will hurt him signficantly *and its perfectly reasonable to blame it on that if it has*.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Re: JLT 2018 - Carlton v Hawthorn (Sat 10th Feb)

Reply #271
The older players are just going about this time of year and are blowing out the cobwebs AND when the chips were down I thought Roughie had a fairly good effort at trying to lift and impose himself, but he did so like a player who is trying to work his way back into it.

The cancer battle will have caused its own issues, but I doubt it will hurt him signficantly *and its perfectly reasonable to blame it on that if it has*.

Roughead had immunotherapy and one of the major side effects of that is fatigue. My dad had 3 X 12 week rounds of chemo and handled it well, he tried immunotherapy and it f^&*ed him. The pulled the pin after two doses.

There was an article a few days ago with Roughy saying he had to stop the immunotherapy because he couldn't take anymore and that he played last season without feeling in his toes.

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!