Skip to main content
Topic: Leadership Group 2018 (Read 33948 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Leadership Group 2018

Reply #180
How many teams have as little experience as us when it comes to knowing what it takes to make grand finals?

Daisy could provide that type of information as a coach, could he not ? Or maybe a lecture series that you sign up for..........

Reply #181
Bulldogs in 2016
Richmond in 2017

Dogs had Matt Suckling, who won a flag at Hawks
Tigers is the exception to the rule. They did have Taylor Hunt on the list, who was around for some of the success Geelong had though.

If we take out Daisy....who do we have left who has been around a winning team/environment?

Reply #182
Daisy could provide that type of information as a coach, could he not ? Or maybe a lecture series that you sign up for..........

Yes he could, in part.

But having a coach out on the ground is better.

Its not like he is running around with a walking stick out there. He still runs rings around some of our kids (and probably some senior blokes too).

If he no longer offers us an advantage in being in the best 22, he won't be there. Why are people fixating on giving him the flick? If the kids are good enough, they get a game.

Reply #183
Yes he could, in part.

Its not like he is running around with a walking stick out there. He still runs rings around some of our kids (and probably some senior blokes too).

If he no longer offers us an advantage in being in the best 22, he won't be there. Why are people fixating on giving him the flick? If the kids are good enough, they get a game.

Well, this particular people is not fixated with giving him the ar$e. What you say goes back to the point I made in my reply #140.

Reply #184
Well, this particular people is not fixated with giving him the ar$e. What you say goes back to the point I made in my reply #140.

You know, if you go to the hassle of finding the number of your post, you might as well simply add it into your reply.

Reply #185
You know, if you go to the hassle of finding the number of your post, you might as well simply add it into your reply.

Each one of my posts is such a stone cold classic, I just assumed people committed them to memory.

Reply #186
Each one of my posts is such a stone cold classic, I just assumed people committed them to memory.

I do Paul  ;)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #188
Yes he could, in part.

Because he isnt as good as he used to be.

Sometimes people don't appreciate the current state of play.

That is that we are a very inexperienced team, in need of the sort of leadership and performance that Daisy provides, even though his best is behind him.

They think that some kid will give us what Daisy gives us.

The bit they misunderstand, is that a kid will give us roughly the amount of possesions Daisy gives us.  They wont give us the same amount of workrate, and the ability to guide a teamate through a game that will also assist someone else be more effective.

As always in a team environment, sometimes it isnt what you do that gets you a game, its what you help others do, or what you don't do that makes a bigger difference.  For all his limitations with ball in hand, you can count the amount of times Daisy doesnt use the ball well on one hand.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #190
I think we're all looking forward to the start of the season proper, if only to stave off lame humor and terminal boredom.

Here's a picture of Joffa for you Paul - in his gold lame jacket.  :)

Apologies for that one.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #191

Here's a picture of Joffa for you Paul - in his gold lame jacket.  :)

Apologies for that one.

Despite his affiliations, he is supposedly a pretty good bloke. And that jacket is great. More of that IMO.

Reply #192
Some current, past and future leaders in the photo shoot on the CFC website.

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/gallery/2018-02-14/2018-carlton-portraits#fb94d340de191610VgnVCM200000af19030aRCRD

I reckon there are some absolute crackers and the good ones remind me of ye olde footy photos (and some duds - could have been a bit more selective).
 - Daisy looking rugged - photo 28
 - Cripps is strange (photo 23), but great - it looks as if his face has been painted
 - Garlett (photo 40) looks as if there are plenty of stories to tell (beyond his years)
 - Weits straight out of the 1920s (photo 48)
 - Bolts - photo 68/70 are shockers, but 64/66/71 show who's in charge

Reply #193
loved the Curnow brothers!
Finals, then 4 in a row!