Skip to main content
Topic: RIP Ross Booth (Read 484 times) previous topic - next topic

RIP Ross Booth

Ross Booth called the VFA footy on ABC TV with Phil Cleary and Peter Gee. An understated but knowledgeable commentator that let the action do the talking.

Ross was recently found deceased in his Toorak flat, a residence that Phil would often refer to in order to light-heartedly accuse Ross of being a Toorak toff.  Ross was in his early 70s.

Ross was a midfielder for Monash Blues in the 1970s when they were one of the VAFA powerhouses.  I probably played in opposing teams but I don’t remember him from those days. I suspect that experience helped to make him a knowledgeable, accurate and entertaining commentator.

RIP Ross Booth.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Re: RIP Ross Booth

Reply #1
Ross Booth called the VFA footy on ABC TV with Phil Cleary and Peter Gee. An understated but knowledgeable commentator that let the action do the talking.

Ross was recently found deceased in his Toorak flat, a residence that Phil would often refer to in order to light-heartedly accuse Ross of being a Toorak toff.  Ross was in his early 70s.

Ross was a midfielder for Monash Blues in the 1970s when they were one of the VAFA powerhouses.  I probably played in opposing teams but I don’t remember him from those days. I suspect that experience helped to make him a knowledgeable, accurate and entertaining commentator.

RIP Ross Booth.
Very good boundary rider and commentator, sad news to hear he has passed RIP.

Re: RIP Ross Booth

Reply #2
RIP Ross, you were a beaut. Added class and competence to game day comments.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17