Skip to main content
Topic: Elections (Read 20955 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: State Elections

Reply #180
Seems like he was corrupt within his own Party but good for the state. Had great vision for his state and was always front and centre in a crisis. Even 2 weeks ago he was still 56-44 up 2PP, greater than at the last election. Certainly polarised people but a great percentage those who said they vote Labor said it was due to Andrews. Like anything, it was the vocal minority that made the most noise.

Reply #181
Seems like he was corrupt within his own Party but good for the state. Had great vision for his state and was always front and centre in a crisis. Even 2 weeks ago he was still 56-44 up 2PP, greater than at the last election. Certainly polarised people but a great percentage those who said they vote Labor said it was due to Andrews. Like anything, it was the vocal minority that made the most noise.
Hannibal Lecter would have won votes against the Liberal Party candidates.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #182
Nah pure hate for this guy we had two businesses and had to close them due to his authoritaniasm and we will never be compensated for his zealousness of delusions of grandeur in WEF style. He has turned the state in a Woke dystopia and we are left holding the bag. HATE HIM.

Reply #183
Nah pure hate for this guy we had two businesses and had to close them due to his authoritaniasm and we will never be compensated for his zealousness of delusions of grandeur in WEF style. He has turned the state in a Woke dystopia and we are left holding the bag. HATE HIM.

Don’t forget he ate babies…
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #185

I will still punch him in the face if I see him in the street :)
I dead set dreamt last night that he lived in my street for years, he was walking by my house and I spoke to him for the first time since he moved in. ;D  ;D  ;D
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #186

The guy is a flog. Publicly said it's not for me to decide who my successor is then tore strips off of them for daring to challenge his apprentice. He was a great politician and great at winning elections but is Victoria better than it was a decade ago? No, not by any measure.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #187

The guy is a flog. Publicly said it's not for me to decide who my successor is then tore strips off of them for daring to challenge his apprentice. He was a great politician and great at winning elections but is Victoria better than it was a decade ago? No, not by any measure.

What he said x2.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #188
Daniel Michael ANDREWS
For eminent service to the people and Parliament of Victoria, to public health, to policy and regulatory reform, and to infrastructure development.

The credibility of the Kings Awards took a massive hit today with former premier Dan Andrews receiving a "Companion of the Order of Australia “. Not often I would agree with Jeff Kennett or Neil Mitchell on anything but they got it right with Dan Andrews not deserving of the award and imho he should have just faded into the background after leaving the state in such a dire mess.
Now we also have to cop a bronze statue of him at Treasury Gardens for his long political tenure....another waste of money courtesy of the former Premier.

Reply #189
There are some very worthy recipients of awards.

- the nominee is not to be told about their nomination. (I'm tipping this may often be broken, but go with it). Like receiving diplomatic positions, I wonder if this was included in Dan's resignation.

- the award must not be given for paid work. Counts out all politicians whilst they are in parliament and many others.

I had to write a reference for a nominee and the Award people did call to quickly interview and confirm that the work was outside employment.

There would be thousands that aren't nominated - partly because a lot of us just think it's a mate who's doing a lot of good things and mate is humble and doesn't want recognition.

Bit of an archaic thing.

Reply #190
The credibility of the Kings Awards took a massive hit today with former premier Dan Andrews receiving a "Companion of the Order of Australia “. Not often I would agree with Jeff Kennett or Neil Mitchell on anything but they got it right with Dan Andrews not deserving of the award and imho he should have just faded into the background after leaving the state in such a dire mess.
To even the debate, after Kennett got his AC there wasn't much credibility left remaining! Politicians and Bureaucrats basically get these awards on autopilot for years served.

One of the big reasons kids and young couples can't get homes these days is because Kennett filled the pockets of Landlords with government funded cash to house all the inmates he had kicked out of the asylums.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #191
To even the debate, after Kennett got his AC there wasn't much credibility left remaining! Politicians and Bureaucrats basically get these awards on autopilot for years served.

One of the big reasons kids and young couples can't get homes these days is because Kennett filled the pockets of Landlords with government funded cash to house all the inmates he had kicked out of the asylums.
Im no fan of Jeff Kennett either  and agree Politicians with longer tenure tend to win these awards and shouldnt based on that criteria alone but Andrews winning so soon after the mayhem he recently created is so wrong imho.

Reply #192
Well, with all we have just seen I am guessing Hitler can justify the Nobel Peace Prize. His future generations could. For all the hard work he did killing people. So Dan Andrews gets an award for what exactly? Hotel debacle with many lives lost and no accountability. Largest world wide lock downs and curfews during the covid period that didn’t really make a magical impact on public health. Blowing all our tax paying money to put this state in dept more so than the three other states in Australia. Commonwealth Games screw up which must have cost us at least $620 million. Land tax which will force many home owners to sell their investment properties which will put pressure on the government to create more public housing. What exactly is he being rewarded for again? I nearly lost my ability to earn my way to feed myself three times during his reign and took a 25% pay cut to keep my head above water over nearly 10 years of Dan in power.

Make your own mind up. Don’t listen to me . I had my mother die from heart failure and listed as death via covid. She was sick for more than a year in hospital and covid was the last of her problems.  Dan is a legend. He has found a way to f@#k everyone over without anyone knowing what is going on. Now the powers that can do so award him with a medal and an award for his work. F@#k you Dan. You might be in a position to think I am not a strong follower of Dan Andrews. I will not say anymore.

Worst thing was that it was a case of dumb and dumber. We really had no chance.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #193
Im no fan of Jeff Kennett either  and agree Politicians with longer tenure tend to win these awards and shouldnt based on that criteria alone but Andrews winning so soon after the mayhem he recently created is so wrong imho.
It's a crap job, you wouldn't want to do it, and despite the public rhetoric most don't have the capabilities or the willpower.

Just as the corporates who build our super funds and create shareholder wealth have to be paid overs to take a job, so do the top end politicians and bureaucrats, the gongs are just part of the attraction.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #194
The office of Australia’s Governor-General David Hurley refused to reveal who nominated Mr Andrews, saying the Council for the Order of Australia – an “independent” body of 19 people – gave the final recommendation on who the awards should go to.

The council’s Victorian representative is Department of Premier and Cabinet secretary Jeremi Moule, who was ­appointed to his $700,000-plus role by Mr Andrews.

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!