Skip to main content
Topic: World Cup - 2019 (Read 23058 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: World Cup - 2019

Reply #105
Beaten favorite, bookies will be happy.

Probably a few players from the continent as well...great effort from the Kiwis, bit surprised by Dhoni's tatcics late though, they needed to get after the bowling a lot
earlier than they did, apart from that cut for six he didnt really throw the willow much at all.

Reply #106
Maxwell named.

I had thought a lot of pre-game commentary was diversionary and smoke and mirrors stuff, because the idea of dropping Maxwell to retain a injured Stoinis seemed lunacy, maybe so!

https://www.news.com.au/sport/sports-life/aussie-selection-mystery-deepens-after-maxwell-training-noshow/news-story/b6f0fc946d7a0e063d25b09a9a7c3eea

More smoke and mirrors no doubt!

Tonight's game has all the hallmarks of being a cracker!

PS, this is me gloating! ;D

Will NZ upset India?

I feel when they are switched on that NZ might be just the right type of squad to cause India some grief!

I take full credit for a 50/50!  :P
The Force Awakens!

Reply #107
A lot of Dhoni's actions are straight out suss EB,  if an Australian did it... Imagine the tut tutting and implications of ulterior motives.   But all Indian cricketers are beyond reproach aren't they? 

Now Kohli is having a tanty about the rules.   The BCCI might think own the cricketing world, but all that coin still  can't buy the World Cup.

Very, very popular win by NZ.

DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #108
I said to the president of our house that I don't like the Indian team and really want NZ to win.  She asked why.  Basically because they play victim a lot the time (which goes back a long way) and I really don't like Dhoni (although he is a good ciricketer).

Two quick bits of praise for Kohli, though - when he asked the crowd to stop booing Warner and his immediate interview after the game.

Looking forward to tonight's game, and then we'll see about the final...

Reply #109
Dave Warner shocker, ditto Handscomb (wtf was he even picked...).

Crazy decision.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #110
Does not look good

Reply #111
Go kiwi's.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #112
Need 260

Reply #113
Stoinis... ????
Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #114
We don't have a lot to protect with 224 the target

Reply #116
Australia lost with nearly 110 balls to spare. Poms could have scored 400 at that rate. Very humiliating.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #117
Australia lost with nearly 110 balls to spare. Poms could have scored 400 at that rate. Very humiliating.
Saved our worst performance for the most important game to date, we flinched under the pressure not the poms.
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #118
Saved our worst performance for the most important game to date, we flinched under the pressure not the poms.

Too many non world class players.
A few got exposed on the big stage

Reply #119
 Poms have a decent one day team, very balanced lineup.
Woakes was a mug but now is a very decent cricketer and Jason Roy
is another who has gone to the next level and seems to love playing Aus. Very disappointing result and hard to watch, hopefully we lift for
the ashes series.