Skip to main content
Topic: Pre Game Prognostications: AFL 2020 Rd 18: Carlton vs Brisbane (Read 7269 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre Game Prognostications: AFL 2020 Rd 18: Carlton vs Brisbane

Reply #61
Farewell game for Polson.

Don’t bet on it. He may be used on Cameron!
Omg can you imagine....

On a serious note why would the MC bother with Polson who is surely delisted at years end over one of the other kids that still has a chance to make it. What a waste of an opportunity to get another game into a kid.
And did we really need Pit this week. Means we are very tall and slow. Would have preferred to give another chance to any of Dow, Cottrell, Owies, Honey.

I don’t get it.

Reply #62
With all the talk about Kennedy this week, maybe it's his as well?
So not only to chair off opponents when we lose we now gift farewell games to blokes who don’t make it while the kids on the list don’t play.

If true it’s yet another dumb ass decision that makes zero sense.

Reply #63
Omg can you imagine....

On a serious note why would the MC bother with Polson who is surely delisted at years end over one of the other kids that still has a chance to make it. What a waste of an opportunity to get another game into a kid.
And did we really need Pit this week. Means we are very tall and slow. Would have preferred to give another chance to any of Dow, Cottrell, Owies, Honey.

I don’t get it.

Can we draft out the MC?
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #64
Omg can you imagine....

I don’t get it.

I've worried about team selection for years. Been mind boggling for a couple of decades.

Reply #65
Why did we pick Pittonet. Two rucks. Automatically means both Pittonet and Casboult wiill struggle. Levi's been better the last 2 weeks since he's been back rucking but usually struggles when he's simply a forward. Much better as a forward/ruck. Now it means we are possibly playing 2 short essentially.

Reply #66
With all the talk about Kennedy this week, maybe it's his as well?

Haven't heard anything about Kennedy in that regard.

Reply #67
Omg can you imagine....

I don’t get it.

One thing polson brings is effort.

This might be his last chance to show something.

Im not sure what it is about Polson.   I really want him to succeed.  Unfortunately I dont think he's good enough.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #68
One thing polson brings is effort.

This might be his last chance to show something.

Im not sure what it is about Polson.   I really want him to succeed.  Unfortunately I dont think he's good enough.

Same
He's a trier but  the skills just aren't quite up to it.
Was a fan after his excitement the night he was drafted and hoped he'd  have a good career.
But the jungle drums are beating....and  there's a fair chance if he's in defence tomorrow it may not be the greatest place for a 'last hurrah' as the Lions warm up for the finals.

Just get the feeling we may see a few more changes before the bounce.

Reply #69
Just get the feeling we may see a few more changes before the bounce.

I had the same feeling.

Gone in extra tall.
Rumour of Murphy missing appears not to be true.

We'll see.

Reply #70
Haven't heard anything about Kennedy in that regard.
The "word" on another forum and twitter (since deleted) this week is that he is out of favour with the coaches, doesnt chase, doesnt run two ways, not being accountable for an opponent, poor attitude and not working hard enough. Given he is playing this week would suggest its BS.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #71
I can understand playing Pittonet. Brisbane have two good rucks and we need the same. The issues it brings up ... well, I wouldn't have played McGovern as a forward. It makes out forward line too big. Pitto was good and he has the style of play to get his hand on the ball first.
I would have played Cottrell: nobody has really got a hold of him as yet and his athleticism is good. he stands up at crucial moment.

I am expecting to be pounded. They have a future in 2020, we're already finished mentally.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #72
I think the boys will give a good account of themselves, and I'm expecting to see 4 q of committed footy. 

Pittonet, Martin and Polson all have some ticker, which is just what this team needs, and are good ins IMO. Plus Simmo's last game, plus Kreuzer retiring........

I'm not expecting a win, but I think people will be surprised.

Reply #73
Polson and Plowman down back....with Zorko, Cameron, Rayner.....this has got bad news written all over it.

Reply #74
Why did we pick Pittonet. Two rucks. Automatically means both Pittonet and Casboult wiill struggle. Levi's been better the last 2 weeks since he's been back rucking but usually struggles when he's simply a forward. Much better as a forward/ruck. Now it means we are possibly playing 2 short essentially.
Probably because they picked Stefan Martin and DeKoning struggled vs Obrien last week. I agree I would have stuck with just DeKoning and Casboult, we look slower and have less options IMO.
I would have played Cottrell on Robbo for the experience and warped sense of humour it might provide....
We will miss Setterfield who isnt brilliant but is fairly consistent, Ed Curnow will need to do better than last game where he was beaten by M. Crouch...Neale is a lot more slippery and will be looking for Brownlow votes to wrap it up..