Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game-Carlton v Collingwood (Read 16322 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game-Carlton v Collingwood

Reply #90
DJC. Was that out near the boundary?
I recall a scuffle (? PS last year) where all the baby blues lined up to back each other. That was very reassuring. They hadn't been with us long as I recall. Perhaps a sign of the successful PS camp.

Maybe we can earn a few quid taking teams on PS camps in Tassie ;D ;D ;D the camaraderie, bonding, and trust building minus the head games.....

Yes, on the boundary near the 50 metre line.

I got to chat with Ed Curnow after that game and he was just a little concerned that Charlie was likely to lose his focus and get sucked into the rough stuff.  It seems to me that Charlie has got the balance right  :)

I reckon Bolts' Tassie camps are a brilliant innovation for facilitating the transition to AFL and building relationships with the new blokes.  Our pre-season camps seem well-structured too, and are not part of what I believe is an excellent leadership development program.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #91
Cripps came at Adams after he sniped a couple of our blokes from behind (which he has a history of doing outside nightclubs, and probably should be in jail right now). Grabbed Adams by the jumper and I've never seen a player back peddle so quickly to try to get away. Was hilarious. Exposed Adams for the coward that he is

This is why Cripps has to be captain, you want to play with a bloke who can look after you and who gets the opposition worried....someone needed to bop Maynard...he threw Charlie down like he was a feather..wouldnt mind Maynard in a Carlton jumper though as he is a strong unit.... Adams needed some chin music, snipes most games and gets away with it...

Reply #92
One thing about young Jack Silvagni is he's often the first one into these "conflicts"....and there he is again right in the middle of this one ;D

And Mat Kennedy helping out his partner in crime  They showed real spirit. It was a credit to all concerned.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #93
Kennedy's game gave us hope. Now to build on that.

I actually like our game plan and believe when we have more talent on the paddock who can actually execute it with greater precision, we will naturally score more and obviously win more games. If, for example, you just replace O'Shea with Doc, and Mullet with Murphy... well... in the words of that great prophet from Mordialloc, 'Yibbida, yibbida...'
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #94
According to AFL Media's Riley Beveridge:
I’d have Pendlebury in Collingwood’s best, behind Sidebottom, Grundy, Phillips and probably Howe.  His performance was certainly nowhere near that of Cripps or Charlie Curnow and it’s arguable that Simpson’s performance was superior.

Beveridge’s over the top praise of Pendlebury is one of his 5 talking points.  Two others are equally poor; the one about us looking at potential first picks in the draft and the drivel about the “jumper clash”.  Clearly, AFL Media doesn’t employ an editor or anyone responsible for content  >:(

Coaches Votes

COLLINGWOOD v CARLTON[/b]
10 Patrick Cripps (CARL)
6 Charlie Curnow (CARL)
6 Steele Sidebottom (COLL)
4 Scott Pendlebury (COLL)
2 Jeremy Howe (COLL)
1 Tom Phillips (COLL)
1 Brodie Grundy (COLL)

Game, set and match!!

Reply #95
One coach gave Pendles nothing.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #96
Kennedy's game gave us hope. Now to build on that.

I actually like our game plan and believe when we have more talent on the paddock who can actually execute it with greater precision, we will naturally score more and obviously win more games. If, for example, you just replace O'Shea with Doc, and Mullet with Murphy... well... in the words of that great prophet from Mordialloc, 'Yibbida, yibbida...'

Most encouraging performance I've seen so far from Kennedy. Really seemed fired up for the occasion, just needs a bit more match fitness imo.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #97
Most encouraging performance I've seen so far from Kennedy. Really seemed fired up for the occasion, just needs a bit more match fitness imo.

Yes nice to see Kennedy get a few touches, although I'd be much happier if it wasn't in the shadows of Cripps the Godzilla.

When I see some of the young guys in the midfield getting clean footy outright on their own in perhaps a game where Cripps is rested I'll be overjoyed. Playing mid next to Cripps must be like being a KPF next to Franklin, I mean they aren't even going to bother standing you most of the time! The opposition must go out there thinking Cripps, Cripps, Cripps, Cripps, Cripps, Cripps, Cripps, Cripps, Cripps, Cripps, Cripps, Cripps, Cripps, Cripps, Cripps, Cripps, Cripps, Cripps, Cripps, Cripps, Cripps, Cripps, Cripps, Cripps, Cripps, Cripps, Cripps, Cripps, Cripps, Cripps, Cripps, Cripps, Cripps, Cripps. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Murphy, Ed, Kennedy and others!

If Cripps starts kicking goals, the interesting thing for Carlton now is the bloke the opposition probably want to stand Cripps is also the bloke they probably want to stand Charlie! Noice problem to have!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #98
It was great to see what this guy can bring to our side, looking forward to more encouraging performances for the rest of the year.
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #99
One coach gave Pendles nothing.

One coach must be a good judge ... but which one?   ;)

There’s no doubt that Pendlebury played well but I just thought that he was far from Collingwood’s best or most influential player and was markedly inferior to Cripps.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #100

There’s no doubt that Pendlebury played well but I just thought that he was far from Collingwood’s best or most influential player and was markedly inferior to Cripps.

I suspect it was BB that gave Pendles the 4 votes, because Pendles good ball use would have been a stand-out for our coach, BB's not use to seeing it! That wouldn't impress Bucks, he'd expect that skill level as he would judge players relative to himself! After the game Bucks stated it was ugly, I doubt he would be impressed by outside ball use.

I'm a bit surprised Simmo didn't get a single vote, as a whole I thought it was his best game for us this season! He's had games in which he got more football, but in the past he's wasted a lot more of it! I thought he struck the right balance between attack and defense.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #101

As you know DJ I thought he was easily their best player and his ball use superior to most, no doubts Cripps was BOG and easy but I guess football is a subjective game and
everyone see's it different..

Reply #102
As you know DJ I thought he was easily their best player and his ball use superior to most, no doubts Cripps was BOG and easy but I guess football is a subjective game and
everyone see's it different..

Just as well or we’d have nothing to discuss or debate  :)