Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 15: Pre Game Pressure: Carlton vs Port Adelaide (Read 11139 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 15: Pre Game Pressure: Carlton vs Port Adelaide

Reply #60
Just realised Simmo's 250th was against PA and the boys got over the line for him. History may well repeat.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #61
Just realised Simmo's 250th was against PA and the boys got over the line for him. History may well repeat.

That made me smile reading an otherwise glum thread  ^-^
I remember that game well. Kruez kicked the winning goal just before the siren IIRC. Gibbs basically jumped on top of Simmo, who was overwhelmed crying happy tears. Bolts was in the dug out waiting eagerly to celebrate with our little champ wearing no.6.

I'll be thrilled if we can repeat history. Alas, I don't see it happening. Port are in form (like the other low injury teams) and we are playing the gap-filler game with scarce resources.

Go blues. Give your all for our little champ.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #62

I was at that game,oh the joy!  :)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #63
We started the year with a full team except Docherty and we got smashed.

Our injured players going in to Round 1 were:

Sam Docherty (knee
Darcy Lang (ankle)
Matthew Lobbe (quad)
Jarrod Pickett (ankle)
Sam Rowe (knee)
Alex Silvagni (hamstring)
Tom Williamson (back)

With the possible exception of Lobbe, all would be pressing for selection if fit.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #64
Our injured players going in to Round 1 were:

Sam Docherty (knee
Darcy Lang (ankle)
Matthew Lobbe (quad)
Jarrod Pickett (ankle)
Sam Rowe (knee)
Alex Silvagni (hamstring)
Tom Williamson (back)

With the possible exception of Lobbe, all would be pressing for selection if fit.

I'll give you Rowe but the others have hardly played for the club.

Injuries hurt all clubs but we make it worse by making mind boggling decisions like replacing Kreuzer with Polson.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #65
I would say Silvagni is just as important, if not moreso to our backline than Rowe.
Take into account that Our best backman, Docherty, our most experienced backman, Silvagni, on top of Rowe were out, and I'd say that's the best part of our best backline out. Pretty significant if you ask me.

Reply #66
WE ALMOST beat the Tigers rd 1? Even with Kennedy and Kreuzer down....

Gees, you talk some BS.

Score was closer than the scoring shots. If they had kicked straight MBb would be right.

Reply #67
I would say Silvagni is just as important, if not moreso to our backline than Rowe.
Take into account that Our best backman, Docherty, our most experienced backman, Silvagni, on top of Rowe were out, and I'd say that's the best part of our best backline out. Pretty significant if you ask me.

Williamson had cemented a spot in the backline and was the most likely player to plug the gap left by Docherty’s injury.  Our defence went from a settled, competent unit in 2017 to a makeshift, inexperienced group this season.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #68
I just can't see us winning this or even getting closer than 5 or 6 goals.
Murphy is a very good inclusion but Kreuzer, Thomas and Plowman are big outs, Phillips is VFL standard in my opinion.
I'm hopeful, but in my guts I know it's a forlorn hope.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #69
WE ALMOST beat the Tigers rd 1? Even with Kennedy and Kreuzer down....

Gees, you talk some BS.

We kicked the first 5 goals then were completely dominated for the rest of the match.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #70
Williamson had cemented a spot in the backline and was the most likely player to plug the gap left by Docherty’s injury.  Our defence went from a settled, competent unit in 2017 to a makeshift, inexperienced group this season.

Agree, Williamson has been a massive loss, good kick and able to defend a range of different players as well as being able to play further up the ground...
Can also look after himself which is a change from some of the boys we usually recruit....
We need him back in the team pronto, back injuries can be very debilitating  and I hope he comes back the same player.....

Reply #71
We kicked the first 5 goals then were completely dominated for the rest of the match.

And yet, after trailing for most of the third quarter, we hit the front in the last quarter - not bad for a team that was being dominated  :)

Richmond’s flurry of goals at the end was very much a product of our fatigue