Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 4: Post Game Pain: Carlton vs. Western Bulldogs (Read 55200 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 4: Post Game Pleasure/pain: Carlton vs. Western Bulldogs

Reply #30
Second half of the first quarter and most of the last  were acceptable. The young 'uns were good.

We're such an easy side to coach against - shut down Cripps and double team Levi and our poor disposal and decision-making will do the rest.

Buckley's a worry in terms of where to play him. Is it good enough to hold down a position if your main role is merely to "harass"?

Lots of love for Graham after he took it up to a few of the bullies after Sumner was poleaxed.

buckley is nothing - if he didnt have the name buckley he would be at peel thunder--his dropped mark in the forward line was pathetic..

Reply #31
Do you think what I write is what I believe should happen, or what I believe might happen?

Does it matter? you expressed it as an opinion of what may happen which is a complete misread of where the club is at imo

Reply #32
buckley is nothing - if he didnt have the name buckley he would be at peel thunder--his dropped mark in the forward line was pathetic..

Really cost us our momentum. Wouldn't have won but may have lost by less than 4 goals

Reply #33
Does it matter? you expressed it as an opinion of what may happen which is a complete misread of where the club is at imo

So in your read of events, the coach doing well saves his career in the absence of wins is that correct?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #34
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #35
So in your read of events, the coach doing well saves his career in the absence of wins is that correct?

This year. Absolutely

Reply #37
We are being ambushed by personal rants. Topic!

Reply #38
English pls

Stop avoiding the questions, that's two you failed to answer!

So you think in the absence of wins, doing well saves Bolton's career correct?

And has our club any history at all of stupid decision making?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #39
Curnofides, Cripps, Weitering. That is the nucleus to build around. Trade Murphy, Gibbs and Kreuzer and build around these blokes.

Add the Doc, the Plow, and hopefully young Harry and SOSOS (in time) and we'll certainly have a strong base.
Hang in there Bluebaggers. Lots of green shoots emerging
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #40
Im starting to get over this game! Those free kicks tonight absolutely killed us! Name one other sport where the junior rules are different to the senior rules?

Reply #41
30 frees to 13. And they evened it up late.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #42

I answered both ffs

Reply #43
Next week it could be winless Carlton vs winless Freo.

Then it could be winless Carlton vs Cheats FC.

If we lose both those games I genuinely fear for Bolton purely based on our clubs history of dealing with these types of results.

I think that your fears are completely without foundation LP.  Bolton was employed to do a job and wins and losses aren't all that relevant at this stage of the journey.  I am sure that board now realise that Malthouse gutted the playing list and f****ed the culture and it will take time to work our way back to where Ratten had us. 

I'm watching the TV coverage at the moment and they just showed Bolton at the whiteboard with the assistants looking on.  He is definitely the man to take us forward.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #44

And has our club any history at all of stupid decision making?

Of course it does!! The last 20 years has taught us that!

Everything we have heard from the club this year has been united and to suggest we will sack the coach harks back to the bad old days