Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 4: Post Game Pain: Carlton vs. Western Bulldogs (Read 56360 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 4: Post Game Pleasure/pain: Carlton vs. Western Bulldogs

Reply #45
30 frees to 13. And they evened it up late.

Certainly didn't help our (at times) good endeavor. Was 24 to 5 at one point >:(
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #46
I answered both ffs

No at all, not a single answer of any sort!

But I'll give you a couple of historic pointers, just to help you out.

Robert Walls, VFL legend, premiership player, coach 3 years, 1 flag, 55 wins - 29 losses - 1 draw, ... sacked.

David Parkin, VFL legend, premiership player, coach 4 years, 2 flags, 79 wins - 40 losses - 1 draw, ... sacked.

Brendan Bolton, never played the game, no track record, ... how many chances will he get?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #47
30 frees to 13. And they evened it up late.

Went 53 minutes without one
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #48
Now who's being a little naive? :D

If we have a string of results like that by mid-season The Judge's hammer will fall, and Trigger will pull it!

you've read the situation at the minute incorrectly.
The results are meaningless at this juncture. The endeavor, development, and willingness to commit from the younger
players is everything. That is happening. The board realize now the hard way. There is no quick fix.
This coach is building a bond with the new generation, some fkwit on the executive breaks that, im really done with this club , and so will about 30k members

Reply #49
you've read the situation at the minute incorrectly.
The results are meaningless at this juncture. The endeavor, development, and willingness to commit from the younger
players is everything. That is happening. The board realize now the hard way. There is no quick fix.
This coach is building a bond with the new generation, some fkwit on the executive breaks that, im really done with this club , and so will about 30k members

I don't disagree, but that raises a very interesting question.

How unanimous do you think the board is at the moment?

Here is what I think, if posters like yourself and Jeffy38 really believe that Bolton's results make no difference. Then please make sure you tell the thousands of members who have already failed to sign up in 2016 to get on board soon. Because if that membership trend continues in the light of Bolton's ongoing good losses he's a dead duck, no matter how honorable his intention is.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #51
Bolton will be given all the time he needs. No more quick fixes.

Reply #52
How bad Kreuzer.....FMD......
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #53
Bolton will be given all the time he needs. No more quick fixes.

Exactly! I've just got home and I feel I have been present at, maybe not the birth, but maybe the conception of our future. We have the basics of it certainly in Cripps, Weitering and Plowman together with the Curnows and maybe a couple of others. We played to a plan, we hung in there and we lost for the usual reasons. Writing definitely on the wall for some of the older guys - Rowe will be lucky to survive next week after tonight's effort and Levi is on borrowed time unless something changes pdq. Buckley was very very ordinary.

Promising signs for the future though.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #54
Exactly! I've just got home and I feel I have been present at, maybe not the birth, but maybe the conception of our future. We have the basics of it certainly in Cripps, Weitering and Plowman together with the Curnows and maybe a couple of others. We played to a plan, we hung in there and we lost for the usual reasons. Writing definitely on the wall for some of the older guys - Rowe will be lucky to survive next week after tonight's effort and Levi is on borrowed time unless something changes pdq. Buckley was very very ordinary.

Promising signs for the future though.

Agree. I was also at the game and until Buckley dropped that beautiful pass form Charlie early in the last, I thought we were a sneaky chance.

Reply #55
Then please make sure you tell the thousands of members who have already failed to sign up in 2016 to get on board soon. Because if that membership trend continues in the light of Bolton's ongoing good losses he's a dead duck, no matter how honorable his intention is.

Here's another scenario for you, could it be that thousands of members have finally had enough and/or simply fatigued by it all. Winning will help but I suspect many want to see if the club is genuine about it - i.e. they don't trust them any more (Malthouse was the last straw after Rattan). The recruiting nightmare of the last 15 or more years has nothing to do with Bolton, neither did the poor to non existent development of players.

Carlton either gets this right or hands back the keys. For mine it's Bolton or bust.

Reply #56

Here is what I think, if posters like yourself and Jeffy38 really believe that Bolton's results make no difference. Then please make sure you tell the thousands of members who have already failed to sign up in 2016 to get on board soon. Because if that membership trend continues in the light of Bolton's ongoing good losses he's a dead duck, no matter how honorable his intention is.

If the board sacks the coach the board will be wiped out by an egm

Reply #57
Agree. I was also at the game and until Buckley dropped that beautiful pass form Charlie early in the last, I thought we were a sneaky chance.
[/quote

Let's not underplay Kreuzer's shocking efforts up forward too.....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #58
If the board sacks the coach the board will be wiped out by an egm

Well make sure those who think like that show their support by signing up! ;)

Carlton either gets this right or hands back the keys. For mine it's Bolton or bust.

Ditto ...
The Force Awakens!

Reply #59

i'd rather be purged of 10k dumbfk - save fevola members, and pick up additional 30k members later.
There is no coach on the planet at the moment that can make this inexperienced but talented lot play to win lots of games.
Its 3 - 5 years and i mean 3-5 years from now
I've seen enough already that the players have bought in. The challenge will be for them not to get disparaged.
I think we have the right person, in the right place at the right time to take us forward, He's logical, methodical, likeable and realistic
The fans have wanted the truth with respect to the clubs position - reset/rebuild whatever you want to label it, is happening now.