Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 4: Post Game Pain: Carlton vs. Western Bulldogs (Read 56321 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 4: Post Game Pain: Carlton vs. Western Bulldogs

Reply #165
That's what I had heard rumoured, she wears the pants and allegedly wanted a Foxtel gig which Brayshaw made happen. If so her wage should almost be part of the Norp TPP. It sounds a bit like the rumours of Danger allegedly having Costa employ relatives.

Rumour shmumour, Waite's wife is a pain in the ass but I can categorically say he wanted away from Mick and the one year offered was just an excuse. My wanka bro in law fixes his cars, knows him very well. Waite was that scared of the bloke he could not even tell him to his face. You guys seem to forget Malthouse was not even playing him, he is after all a footballer (and a bloody good one) who needs to play football. No brainer for him to go elsewhere.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #166
The only thing that jerked my chain with Waite was us not getting compensated.... while I don't want to dredge up that old cadaver it does nothing to make look up the kangas with anything less than disdain.

And I just don't get how people keep complaining about this. He wasn't getting a game FFS, we weren't playing him. We were only prepared to offer a year. How the fork could you possibly expect to be compensated? Just no brainer stuff prof, take your navy blue specs off and think about it. You want to blame someone blame the bloke who made him his whipping boy and would not play him.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #167
Rumour shmumour, Waite's wife is a pain in the ass but I can categorically say he wanted away from Mick and the one year offered was just an excuse. My wanka bro in law fixes his cars, knows him very well. Waite was that scared of the bloke he could not even tell him to his face. You guys seem to forget Malthouse was not even playing him, he is after all a footballer (and a bloody good one) who needs to play football. No brainer for him to go elsewhere.

Unfortunately some of the greatest coaches have that aura about them, Malthouse, Pagan, Matthews, Blight, Clarkson etc. Not everyone can handle it.

Maybe Waite has found his right balance. Pagan and Malthouse too tough, Ratten too soft, Brad Scott just right. Together with a medical team he trusts and a team that is winning.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #168
He's definitely a different player watching him yesterday. Looks like he could play another two years as well.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #169
Hey Carrotts, that spud Frawley wasn't playing much either and Melbourne got pick 2 for him.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #170
He's definitely a different player watching him yesterday. Looks like he could play another two years as well.

Yep and at our club he would get the best defender every week where at North he has Petrie and Ben Brown freeing him up to effectively play third tall and roam to the wing.

It has worked wonders for his ability to get on the park too, because he isnt copping the heavy treatment that the Gorilla minders dish out on a regular basis.

Im not solely of the belief we were doing everything wrong with regards to our players, but I think these guys leaving our club to go to places where they can play the roles that gets the best out of them as opposed to staying with us, where we needed them to shoulder heavier loads has a lot to do with their fortunes even if it is negatively impacting ours.

Not since Fevola was at the club was Waite able to play the role he was better suited to, and even back then we were still short one tall (pardon the pun).

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #171
Hey Carrotts, that spud Frawley wasn't playing much either and Melbourne got pick 2 for him.

Yes but he was offered 500k was he not, and he was not playing due to injury. Big diff prof.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #172
Yep and at our club he would get the best defender every week where at North he has Petrie and Ben Brown freeing him up to effectively play third tall and roam to the wing.

For Waite I'll definitely give you that. It is easier for him. But ball movement and gameplan definitely plays it's part as well.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #173

It has worked wonders for his ability to get on the park too, because he isnt copping the heavy treatment that the Gorilla minders dish out on a regular basis.

Im not solely of the belief we were doing everything wrong with regards to our players, but I think these guys leaving our club to go to places where they can play the roles that gets the best out of them as opposed to staying with us, where we needed them to shoulder heavier loads has a lot to do with their fortunes even if it is negatively impacting ours.

Not since Fevola was at the club was Waite able to play the role he was better suited to, and even back then we were still short one tall (pardon the pun).

Actually, as the most effective forward, Waite is getting the first or second defender.  As we know very well, when he's in form his athleticism and unpredictability make him very hard to stop.

No use crying over spilt milk and I'm more concerned about what North's fitness and medical staff are doing differently to keep him on the park.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #174
Actually, as the most effective forward, Waite is getting the first or second defender.  As we know very well, when he's in form his athleticism and unpredictability make him very hard to stop.

No use crying over spilt milk and I'm more concerned about what North's fitness and medical staff are doing differently to keep him on the park.

Our medical, fitness and conditioning staff have been a big concern of mine for a while now. Some of our guys seem to be unable to break the cycle.

Reply #175
fk,  that ben brown has good hands

Reply #176
If Murphy, Gibbs and Kreuzer (ditto Daisy) put in even 'ok' games, we would be winning these matches.

These blokes are the reason we are so bad.....they simply don't produce on a consistent enough basis.

Three #1 and one #2 draft picks producing diddly squat.

Yep, this is what is annoying the crap out of me at the moment. Kreuzer and Daisy's bodies are probably the main reason for their poor performances. Bur for me, Murph and Gibbs just don't have any excuses and if my hair were long enough, I'd probably be tearing it out !!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #178
For Waite I'll definitely give you that. It is easier for him. But ball movement and gameplan definitely plays it's part as well.

Makes a difference when the ball is being delivered into the forward line quickly and accurately. We all knew Waite's hands were the best in the business - probably best since Loewe or, before that, Swan McKay. Our mids have been w-a-y too slow, lazy, stupid, and inept for too long.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #179
Our full forward now has even better hands than Waite but we just bomb it in to him as well. A bigger problem is when he does take the big mark he is a 50-50 proposal as to whether he can execute a drop punt.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!