Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 4: Post Game Pain: Carlton vs. Western Bulldogs (Read 56334 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 4: Post Game Pain: Carlton vs. Western Bulldogs

Reply #195
Brown made comments about Cotchins wife backing him on social media. He said WAGs should but out or something along those lines.

Ahh that makes sense about what she wrote. I thought he'd called Marc Murphy weak or something lol.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #196
Might I add Bluesgirl is actually very good friends with Cotchin's missus lol.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #197
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/jonathan-brown-responds-to-trent-cotchins-wife-brookes-public-support-of-richmond-captain/news-story/40b67e9b61efd83452909c868a87a609

Jonathan Brown responds to Trent Cotchin’s wife Brooke’s public support of Richmond captain
April 18, 2016 4:01pm
Herald Sun

JONATHAN Brown says players’ partners should “stay out of it” after Trent Cotchin’s wife Brooke jumped to the defence of her man online last Saturday.

“I’m not sure, I don’t know Cotch that well but Cotch would have died, when he walked down to the newsagency the next day to grab the Herald Sun,” Brown told Nova 100.

Brooke Cotchin posted a supportive message on her Instagram account after Richmond’s heavy loss to West Coast and then agreed to an exclusive interview with the Sunday Herald Sun after the social media post gained traction.

“Expressing your feelings, you can understand but ... it’s the perception, obviously Richmond are going through a tough time, we just want to be big boys, we want to be men and it’s a man game.”

Brown said it was a “no-go zone” for his wife Kylie to make comments publicly during his decorated career at the Brisbane Lions.

“We get great support from our partners and our loved ones, they are there to support you at home, through the tough times, which is great, they do a fantastic job the girls, but they need to stay out of it publicly,” Brown said.

“This was a no-go zone from my wife Kylie, certainly I never had to muzzle her ... she would never have spoken publicly about it.”

Brown said the comments only perpetuate a perception Richmond has a “soft underbelly”.

“You know what, if Luke Hodge’s partner Loz did the same thing, after Hodgey broke his arm a couple of weeks ago, they had a bad loss against Geelong, you know what it would be a non-story because Luke Hodge and the Hawthorn Football Club has performed under pressure and in finals and won premierships, but it’s this perception, Richmond has a soft underbelly, sometimes from the leaders, when these sort of stories come out it just perpetuates the perception.”
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #198
Michelle (Bluesgirl) is on facebook ranting about Jono Brown saying he's a real Rex Hunt or something along those lines because of what he wrote. Does anyone know what he wrote about us?

Wish i had've come here first.

I just did a few online searches to find out what that was about.

Personally i'd have to agree with Jono Brown on this one. Cotchin will be sledged about this for the rest of his career. I think that is essentially where JB is coming from.

Reply #199
Coaches Votes

CARLTON v WESTERN BULLDOGS
8 Shane Biggs (WB)
7 Lachie Hunter (WB)
7 Matt Suckling (WB)
4 Koby Stevens (WB)
2 Dale Morris (WB)
1 Sam Docherty (Carl)
1 Jordan Roughead (WB)

Reply #200
Coaches Votes

8 Shane Biggs (WB)
7 Lachie Hunter (WB)
7 Matt Suckling (WB)
4 Koby Stevens (WB)
2 Dale Morris (WB)
1 Sam Docherty (Carl)
1 Jordan Roughead (WB)

Three retreds...Biggs, Suckling and Koby Stevens...the latter was just a plodder at WC but is a polished footballer now and seems to be in the Bulldogs best each week...
Two sweet kicking players in Hunter and Suckling..was impressed with Hunter..Dal Santo type left footer, nice pickup for a father and son ..

Reply #201
Coaches Votes

8 Shane Biggs (WB)
7 Lachie Hunter (WB)
7 Matt Suckling (WB)
4 Koby Stevens (WB)
2 Dale Morris (WB)
1 Sam Docherty (Carl)
1 Jordan Roughead (WB)

Pretty much the way I saw it too.

Reply #202
cotchins not married to mrs waites sister is he?

Reply #203
I'm not sure whether it's been mentioned elsewhere but Murphy began feeling ill in the first half, before he copped that knock on the weekend.
He was throwing up at Half-Time

Reply #205
I'm not sure whether it's been mentioned elsewhere but Murphy began feeling ill in the first half, before he copped that knock on the weekend.
He was throwing up at Half-Time

The guy next to me at the game pointed that out. As I said before, I suspect he may be rested this week.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #206
Throwing up maybe a bout of gastro? Would be literally impossible to push through.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

~

Reply #207
Throwing up maybe a bout of gastro? Would be literally impossible to push through.

Dipper played after losing a lung!

Dermie played after being knocked to kingdom come.

Platten played after breaking ribs.

Hodge breaks bones in his arm and misses 2 weeks.

So our 'captain' had a virus and everyone wants to excuse him - what was wrong with him in round 2 and 3?  No wonder we haven't one a flag for 20 years while the Hawks have held the cup up 4 times in the same period!

Re: ~

Reply #208

So our 'captain' had a virus and everyone wants to excuse him - what was wrong with him in round 2 and 3?  No wonder we haven't one a flag for 20 years while the Hawks have held the cup up 4 times in the same period!

Still alot different from playing if you're feeling weak and ill. In those other cases you're feeling very sore, but you're still strong, playing with alot of courage but not ill.

Reply #209

I agree, Murphy is a softy but gastro is not a pain thing, I don't think you can compare.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!