Skip to main content
Topic: Vale Tony Joe White (Read 16310 times) previous topic - next topic

Vale Tony Joe White

I’m just raising a glass of bourbon to the memory of Tony Joe White and listening to “Rainy Night in Georgia”.

A great musical talent and, by all accounts, a great bloke.

RIP
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Re: Vale Tony Joe White

Reply #1
Wow, what a loss!

Exceptional musician and song writer.... RIP Swamp Fox.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #2
TJW the man who sang about places like ‘down in Louisiana where the alligators grow so mean!’

A unique style indeed!

Reply #4
RIP Swampy. So unique, so gifted.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #5
Gator got his Grannie too...RIP
"...that's the thing about opinion - you don't have to know anything to have one..."  Andre Agassi commenting on Pat Cash 2004
"...the less you know - the more you believe..." - Bono 2006

Reply #6
RIP Swamp man.

he really did do some great stuff. . . . . eg. Pork Salad Annie.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #7
RIP Swamp man.

he really did do some great stuff. . . . . eg. Pork Salad Annie.

That's POLK Salad ... polk is basically an edible weed that the poor folks would gather up, cook carefully (it is poisonous) and use like spinach which it tastes similar to (so I am told).

Reply #8
Ian,  talking southern cuisine, do you know what grits are?   I heard people talking about it but have no idea what it is.   Something like porridge or gruel?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #9
Ian,  talking southern cuisine, do you know what grits are?   I heard people talking about it but have no idea what it is.   Something like porridge or gruel?

Boiled coarse ground corn meal Prof.  I saw it prepared on Man Fire Food recently  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #10
Like polenta then I guess?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #11
Like polenta then I guess?

Very similar but grits is finer and I believe that makes it easier to cook with.

Reply #12
Very similar but grits is finer and I believe that makes it easier to cook with.

Goes nicely with alligator wine.
Reality always wins in the end.