Skip to main content
Topic: CSC Upgrade (Read 14495 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CSC Upgrade

Reply #60
When the new Navy Blue theme is selected, the names of certain online users appear in a very bright electric blue colour. Its quite difficult to read against the navy background.

Reply #61
And just another couple of things :

- the CFC monogram used by some folks as their avatar is not visible against the new Navy theme.

- could the small circle that appears on the left next to the user name be used to show that user's online / offline status ? On my system, it's an outline circle regardless of whether that user is online or not. If we could have a green fill colour for online, and an outline circle for offline, that would be better.

Thanks.

Reply #62
One more thing -  on the old site, you could see which users were reading a particular thread - they were listed at the top. I like this feature, and if this could be implemented on the new site, I for one would be very appreciative.

Thanks.

Reply #63
When the new Navy Blue theme is selected, the names of certain online users appear in a very bright electric blue colour. Its quite difficult to read against the navy background.

Hate the blue I have to say

Reply #64
Hate the blue I have to say

I rather like the blue. There's just some kinks that need fixing. 

The default colour theme is like the forum equivalent of our clash jumper.

Reply #65
One more issue with the blue theme. The highlight colour for the text in some menus is the same as the text colour, as shown in the attachment.

Reply #66
For those who liked the scrolling un-read posts feed, and find it a bit cumbersone getting back to unread posts after reading a post on the new version, I've come up with a little shortcut.

I've saved the url for the unread posts page (https://www.carltonsc.com/index.php?action=unread) as my CSC bookmark on my bookmark bar.  Now I can get back there with one click to see the other posts I haven't read yet.

Reply #67
For those who liked the scrolling un-read posts feed, and find it a bit cumbersone getting back to unread posts after reading a post on the new version, I've come up with a little shortcut.

I've saved the url for the unread posts page (https://www.carltonsc.com/index.php?action=unread) as my CSC bookmark on my bookmark bar.  Now I can get back there with one click to see the other posts I haven't read yet.

Noice!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #68
One more thing spanner....
When you 'reply' to a message you get the full functionality of formatting available via the buttons.
When you 'quote' a message, you get none of that. You could enter it all manually, sure, but most of the formatting i like to use is when i'm quoting a post. Bold parts, or splitting quotes etc. Can you have the formatting menu available when you 'quote' please.

Awesome work on everything else so far.
I think i had 5 suggestions/requests and you've done 4 so far.....just the banner remains.

Good stuff!

Reply #69
Not a biggy….but in the past some sites have had issues with official club monograms (in this case the CFC)  being used and have received some complaints.
Maybe the default avatar should be changed to  short circuit any issues, alternatively everyone update their avatars asap,

Reply #70
One more thing spanner....
When you 'reply' to a message you get the full functionality of formatting available via the buttons.
When you 'quote' a message, you get none of that. You could enter it all manually, sure, but most of the formatting i like to use is when i'm quoting a post. Bold parts, or splitting quotes etc. Can you have the formatting menu available when you 'quote' please.

Awesome work on everything else so far.
I think i had 5 suggestions/requests and you've done 4 so far.....just the banner remains.

Good stuff!

Hi Kruddler,

If you want the full editor you can set it yourself by within your profile using the following:

Click My Account > Look and Layout

Then scroll down and select the option "Use full editor in Quick Reply" and click Change Profile...
Drugs are bad, mmmkay...

Reply #71
Hi Kruddler,

If you want the full editor you can set it yourself by within your profile using the following:

Click My Account > Look and Layout

Then scroll down and select the option "Use full editor in Quick Reply" and click Change Profile...

Awesome. Sorted.
Cheers

Reply #72
Nice work Spanner & Mods, gives the site a fresh look.

What is this, CSC version 4?

Reply #73
OK some posters may have some valid suggestions for further improvement but overall I have to say that I really am liking the new clean uncluttered new look which I find much easier to read and not so taxing on my ageing eyes. Well done Spanner!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #74
Nice work Spanner & Mods, gives the site a fresh look.

What is this, CSC version 4?

I think that Spanner deserves all the credit ... and then some! 👏
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball