Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 2: Carlton vs. Sydney: Post Game Passion (Read 60117 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 2: Carlton vs. Sydney: Post Game Passion

Reply #75
Anyway i was at the game yday the first quarter was great the kicking posters killed some of our momentum and if you're worried and wringing your hands about the game yday and the year ahead you haven't been paying attention. We are rebuilding from
Ground up - there will be many more game results like yday but at least so far we've seen minimal going backwards, and some real passion energy and comraderie for the first time in at least a few years. I didn't miss Yaz Hendo or Waite yday, this is definitely a new team and there are new beginnings and it's going to take some Time For the team to learn how to play together and it'll only strengthen over time.

Reply #76
We simply cannot go forward with such a soft player (Gibbs) being around the ball so much and a player like Murphy who is a little harder but let's face it picks and chooses when to go. These two blokes are two of the highest paid at the club and arte supposed to lead by example, let's cut them loose before they halt this club's development any further. They will just look to piggy back on Cripps for a free ride, just like they did Judd. Quite simply, they are the AFL version of remoras.

We thought we had weeded out the players with no heart, well unfortunately there are two or three left, the two above being exactly that. I would look to trade both at year's end.

Could not agree more. I am so sick and tired of watching Gibbs either squibbing contact, fumbling at crucial moments or turning the ball over at critical stages causing a huge momentum shift.

He has to be the most over rated player I have ever seen. I constantly hear how skillful and talented Gibbs is and I keep thinking, are these people actually watching the game? Are they seeing what I'm seeing? Jesus outside of Simpson, Gibbs is the biggest turnover merchant at the club.

We as a club would do well to part ways with both Murphy and Gibbs at the end of the year. Get players in who will consider it a privilege to play for the CFC, rather than a right. These guys prance around like they are God's gift to football, yet they've no right to call themselves footballers let alone prance. Two of the worst number one picks you will ever hope to see. The less said about Kruezer the better, but he at least tries 100% of the time.
Drugs are bad, mmmkay...

Reply #77
Murph also does not have the size of Cripps. Murph tries his guts out but there's only so much he can do and he did more yday than Cripps did and I don't believe that Murph was left on his own, he was just as tagged as Cripps was

Cripps was gang tackled by 2 or 3 Swans at every ball up, Murphy didn't get anywhere near that attention. My biggest concern for Murphy is he can't stick a tackle and gets brushed aside like a child when he's playing against the big boys.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #78
Had two blokes hanging on to him at every stoppage. He was sacrificed, the supposed senior players at the club could not take advantage of it.

That is just not true. Stood in the wrong spots all game. All of our mids did. Dominated the hitouts but made the rucks attempt to back hand the ball over and between Sydney players.

Ridiculous.

Happened so consistently it had to be the coaches fault.

If that js the limit of boltons tactical awareness we're in trouble because that was moronic.

Reply #79
I was happier with Gibbs' efforts in the second half but it's  clear the Swans mids are an awesome running and skilled unit.

I don't think he's any chance to be traded.

At stoppages Gibbs kicks off a step whereas the Swans players dish off or break away. Gibbs came to pre-season overweight. Next season his body shape needs to be completely different if he wants to be a running mid. Right now he's an inside mid shape.

If he doesn't become the running player then he's going to have to work of the half back line again like he did under Ratten.

I'll cut Murph some slack as he's outnumbered .

In terms of running power we got poleaxed. Rucks got smashed and the swans transitioned too easily from the backline, which means some players were not doing their jobs.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #80
It's two games in, so it's a bit early to tell...but the test will be which of our senior players are better in 2016 than they were in 2015...

After 2 games I'm struggling to find any.

Boekhorst maybe?

You can make an argument for Thomas and Graham but it's a pretty thin one coming off injury riddled seasons.

Reply #81
It's two games in, so it's a bit early to tell...but the test will be which of our senior players are better in 2016 than they were in 2015...

After 2 games I'm struggling to find any.

Boekhorst maybe?

You can make an argument for Thomas and Graham but it's a pretty thin one coming off injury riddled seasons.

Thought Thomas at least gave effort and worked himself into the game. Maybe its because he's been out so long that he's running into problems.

Just need more from him.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #82
Had to pull out last minute  (insert mum joke here) so saw none if the game , looks like a good outing by Thomas. Was this his best game for us?

Reply #83
Had to pull out last minute  (insert mum joke here) so saw none if the game , looks like a good outing by Thomas. Was this his best game for us?

Best half , second half.

Reply #84
Murph isn't really designed to be captain, nor is he designed to be an inside mid. His best year was 2011, when he played outside receiver. This allows the team to take full advantage of his skills, and minimizes any adverse impacts caused by his physical limitations.

Reply #85
I think most of us agree with this PaulP , but is an unfortunate position we are short of the right player mix , unfortunate to have lost Bell would compliment our current crop well.

Reply #86
I think most of us agree with this PaulP , but is an unfortunate position we are short of the right player mix , unfortunate to have lost Bell would compliment our current crop well.

Bell?

He's playing for Brisbane doing the same dumb crap he did with us.

Reply #87
Could not agree more. I am so sick and tired of watching Gibbs either squibbing contact, fumbling at crucial moments or turning the ball over at critical stages causing a huge momentum shift.

He has to be the most over rated player I have ever seen. I constantly hear how skillful and talented Gibbs is and I keep thinking, are these people actually watching the game? Are they seeing what I'm seeing? Jesus outside of Simpson, Gibbs is the biggest turnover merchant at the club.

We as a club would do well to part ways with both Murphy and Gibbs at the end of the year. Get players in who will consider it a privilege to play for the CFC, rather than a right. These guys prance around like they are God's gift to football, yet they've no right to call themselves footballers let alone prance. Two of the worst number one picks you will ever hope to see. The less said about Kruezer the better, but he at least tries 100% of the time.

I think you need to watch Kerridge a bit closer ;)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #88
Murph isn't really designed to be captain, nor is he designed to be an inside mid. His best year was 2011, when he played outside receiver. This allows the team to take full advantage of his skills, and minimizes any adverse impacts caused by his physical limitations.

Even on the outside, unless he's got plenty of time his skills are simply not that good. Give me Graham with ball in hand and time on his side any day over Murphy.

Re 2011. I made comment after the Richmond game where we won by 100 odd points that Murphy was almost Judd-like out there in the way he was attacking the ball. None of that fromm him yesterday, happy to let Cripps do all the work and see what cheapies he could pick up. And yes all the usual suspects who believe if you have some sort of skill you don't need to win your own ball will be on here shouting me down but fork it, I've had enough. Gibbs and murphy are CLEARLY our two biggest concerns at the club. Every other club has a couple of champions, we have these two.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #89
Far too much fumbling yesterday.....absolutely killed us......and just like last week, if Sydney ever fumbled (which was rare) we didn't punish them.

Those damn posters hurt us too......
Football is life, there is nothing else....