Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 5: Post Game Party!: Carlton vs. Fremantle (Read 55035 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 5: Post Game Party!: Carlton vs. Fremantle

Reply #195
I just watched the first 3 minutes of the "smart reply" on the AFL website - in that time, they show both ends of the ground, and to me the padding looks about twice the height of the umpire.

And that is where my interest in this issue ends.

Reply #196
I just watched the first 3 minutes of the "smart reply" on the AFL website - in that time, they show both ends of the ground, and to me the padding looks about twice the height of the umpire.

And that is where my interest in this issue ends.

Yep boring now.

If anyone wants really accurate figures download the free program Tracker Video Analysis. You can calibrate the video using the goal-square lines which are known to be 6.4m x 9m then it will use the video frame rate, velocity and the law of gravity to calculate the height of the ball any point above the ground backwards from the last point of impact. There are all sorts of tools built into the program to compensate for errors of perspective, fish-eye, etc., etc.. Obviously to keep things simple you are better to choose a sequence where the camera isn't panning, but even then if you can't get one fixed points like ground markings can be used as a static reference.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #197
I wasn't aware of the "AFL Team of the Week" but it's not a bad effort to have two players selected, particularly as they're our first selections for the season.

Two of Carlton’s leaders have been recognised for their exceptional and gutsy performances in the Blues’ victory over Fremantle.

Captain Marc Murphy along with vice-captain Kade Simpson have been named in the AFL’s Team of the Week.

For the first time this season, two Blues featured in the line-up with ‘Simmo’ named at half-back and ‘Murph’ named on the interchange.

The skipper played an instrumental role in the Blues’ win over last year’s minor premiers, kicking a vital goal in the final minutes of the match to put his team back in front, and ultimately help seal the victory.

With 14 staples in his head, the midfielder was forced to wear a helmet during the Round 5 match – but that didn’t hinder his performance in the slightest.

Murph had 28 touches, including six tackles, four clearances and eight contested possessions, not to mention that critical goal. 
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #198
I wasn't aware of the "AFL Team of the Week" but it's not a bad effort to have two players selected, particularly as they're our first selections for the season.

Great effort and well deserved IMO.

Reply #199
Say what you will about Murphy's Captaincy, but I'd take him over Cotchin any day of the week. He's finally spending more time in a role more suited to his skill set and I think he's been more damaging this year than he has for a long time.

Reply #200
Credit to Murphy he led well and considering he had more staples in his head than the federal budget media guide he deserves some accolades for cracking in and
putting that helmet and its contents on the line..

Reply #201
Say what you will about Murphy's Captaincy, but I'd take him over Cotchin any day of the week. He's finally spending more time in a role more suited to his skill set and I think he's been more damaging this year than he has for a long time.

Agree.

Reply #202
Some posts have been removed and as pointed out I suggest a quick read of the New Directions thread: http://www.carltonsc.com/index.php?topic=2843.0

Some of you are very astute but lets please keep the thread's on topic.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #203
Some posts have been removed and as pointed out I suggest a quick read of the New Directions thread: http://www.carltonsc.com/index.php?topic=2843.0

Some of you are very astute but lets please keep the thread's on topic.

Soz shades.

As you can appreciate, some of your members have inquisitive minds...........

Reply #204
I recorded the replay today, is it worth watching the whole thing or just the last quarter?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #205
I recorded the replay today, is it worth watching the whole thing or just the last quarter?

It depends on whether you find ineptitude funny or irritating.

My 2 cents. Only the last q.

Reply #206

I got home and only watched the last quarter. It was quote a good quarter of footy. (minus the skills)
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #207
I don't think you'll learn anything you don't already know watching the whole game.

Effort and never say die attitude are great to see. A real treat.

Our "connection" (to borrow a Bolt-on buzzword) is awful. I stopped watching after the first q and had to take a double dose of anti depressants. Then I waited two days to watch the rest.

Reply #208
Watched it all because I was at the game and like to see everything again on telly.

At the ground it seemed 50/50 and we just got our noses in front at the end, but If you do watch it all you get the real feeling we could have won by 5 goals.

That's how it felt to me anyway.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #209
Watched it all because I was at the game and like to see everything again on telly.

At the ground it seemed 50/50 and we just got our noses in front at the end, but If you do watch it all you get the real feeling we could have won by 5 goals.

That's how it felt to me anyway.

I agree, if we could sort out the ball use and get a marking target that can kick inside F50 we would have been all over Freo.

But I think MBB should watch the whole game to put a few "moments" into perspective!
The Force Awakens!