2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Re: Clem Smith altercation

Reply #61
:))

Smith is just a kid...same as Curnow.
But they'll learn quickly or they won't be around.
If Bolton's worth his salt he'll give him the "rounds of the kitchen" privately and then show him some support publicly...as seems to have happened.
But Clem will definitely be on notice.

I agree with you Lods. Curnow and Smith have both made mistakes but they will be told certain mistakes can be a learning experience, but they better all learn quick as a collective group.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #62
If they don't learn quickly there's the door don't come back

Reply #63
In the past, players may have been able to get away with a slap on the wrist for some of their misdemeanours. Now, there is a heavier scrutiny on standards and Bolton will be reinforcing what is  expected from everyone.

Smith will be given the opportunity to atone for his actions and I'd like to think that he will be assigned a mentor for the next 12-months to provide guidance and advice.

I genuinely like the kid, reckon he will turn out to be an alright player if he wants to knuckle down and train hard, follow the ethos around the club and respect the chance he has been given. 
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #64
In the past, players may have been able to get away with a slap on the wrist for some of their misdemeanours. Now, there is a heavier scrutiny on standards and Bolton will be reinforcing what is  expected from everyone.

Smith will be given the opportunity to atone for his actions and I'd like to think that he will be assigned a mentor for the next 12-months to provide guidance and advice.

I genuinely like the kid, reckon he will turn out to be an alright player if he wants to knuckle down and train hard, follow the ethos around the club and respect the chance he has been given.

Is there a cultural change Shiek?

In the recent past senior team-mates would be out in the media lambasting the kid. The media would be calling for a head after a distinct lack of support being shown by the club.

Instead this time the club publishes a statement and then Armfield comes out and says we are all right behind Clem and supporting him, the media has gone quiet.

It's almost the exact opposite of how we behaved in the recent past, and the opposite of the results we got! Lets hope that continues with Smith.
The Force Awakens!