Skip to main content
Topic: Worst Leaders in the AFL! (Read 138128 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Worst Leaders in the AFL!

Reply #256
Is there a new portal delivering guns from another era?
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #257
What Yarran did wasn't really leadership....but it was an example to stand up for yourself.
The fact that some of us are seeing it as leadership actually highlights our lack of it at present.

Maybe he is carrying an injury but Murphy seems to lack spark.He still contributes, but there's nothing inspirational in what he does. Others seem to do most of the talking. Contrast that with Judd who during his time as captain did many inspiring things ....Murph seems burdened by the role and it may be that he would be glad to be rid of it.
The problem is our future leaders are hard to find.
I reckon we saw a glimpse of it on the weekend in young Cripps.
He's going to be a beauty, but he's probably about a season and a half off being ready though.

Reply #258
Should have taken him instead of Gibbs.

...and he would've turned out to be nothing but an honest battler with us.

Meanwhile Gibbs would have just won his 2nd Brownlow.

If you think players performances are not a product of their environment, you are mislead.

Reply #259

If you think players performances are not a product of their environment, you are mislead.

It's a huge factor
Which is why I fear for the future of our young ones.
Their chief role models are an aging Judd, and two number one draft picks who are a product of a mediocre environment.

Reply #260
It's a huge factor
Their chief role models are an aging Judd, and two number one draft picks who are a product of a mediocre environment.

That's exactly why we need some different role models for our future. Not saying we need to discard all of the old ones but we badly need some new ones to take centre stage- it will be very interesting to see how we go about this "rebuild".
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #261
It's a huge factor

I reckon that might be a driving factor behind recruiting Thomas, who is not a fantastic player in terms of being the best in the comp, but is no slouch and actually can lead on the park.

Still, we have a fair way to go.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #262
I reckon that might be a driving factor behind recruiting Thomas, who is not a fantastic player in terms of being the best in the comp, but is no slouch and actually can lead on the park.

You're probably right....but we need our leaders to be on the park ;)

Reply #263

Sad but true!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #264
Sad but true!

You only need look at our useless leaders and then who was showing them the way.

One just got binned for hitting a woman.
It's no surprise he did it, but surely our club could have picked the character of our leaders a little better?

I just can't understand how Stevens, Whitnall, Simpson, Carazzo, Murphy, Walker, Gibbs and many others never were traded.

If these guys are so good that we couldn't trade them out, why aren't we any good.

Stuart Maxfield was a major factor in being a role model for the Swans midfield.
Apparently his work ethic was incredible.
We need to find at least 3 players of this calibre.

Reply #265

...and that is exactly why i have been a huge fan of his recruitment. He isn't paid 700k to kick a football. He is paid 700k to show our playing list what is required to be an elite footballer. Whether he is now or not, he knows what is required and does his darndest to drag everyone along with him.

Reply #266

...and that is exactly why i have been a huge fan of his recruitment. He isn't paid 700k to kick a football. He is paid 700k to show our playing list what is required to be an elite footballer. Whether he is now or not, he knows what is required and does his darndest to drag everyone along with him.

Daisy can't lead from the stands!

Docherty could be our next captain, he is a defender who can rotate through the forward region and MM loves utility types!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #267
Daisy can't lead from the stands!

...and nobody i know of can predict the future either.

Please point me in the direction where you bought your crystal ball from because mine is clearly broken as it never predicted he'd do his shoulder in the first minute of 2015.

Reply #268
Our on field leadership doesn't look any better than when Daisy started.

Reply #269
...and nobody i know of can predict the future either.

Please point me in the direction where you bought your crystal ball from because mine is clearly broken as it never predicted he'd do his shoulder in the first minute of 2015.

True, nobody can predict the future.

But we don't have to ignore the past! ;)
The Force Awakens!