Skip to main content
Topic: Worst Leaders in the AFL! (Read 138162 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Worst Leaders in the AFL!

Reply #225
I think a leader needs to be feared ..re: Robbo and Garlett....think thats a leadership group issue where a strong leader also needs some strong deputies to back him up and
you cant get on with everyone but maybe one of your deputies gets on with some players that you dont and can impart the message better..

Agree with Elwood. There is really no point making this discussion scientific it's pretty simple and with all due respect to Murph but going out with him as your captain is a guarantee of being laughed at. He doesn't strike fear into anyone let alone his opponents and he doesn't making anyone stand taller. He is no leader of men plain and simple he is just the popular kid at school that gets made captain.

Reply #226
If he could stay on the park for more than 30 seconds, Krooz would be well worth a look as Captain.

He would set a good example in terms of work rate for sure. You would need Simo as vice, as Krooz would only play a few games per season. Maybe a brain transplant with Murph and Krooz might work. ;D
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #227
He would set a good example in terms of work rate for sure. You would need Simo as vice, as Krooz would only play a few games per season. Maybe a brain transplant with Murph and Krooz might work. ;D

Forget captain, forget him doing anything other than getting himself right, SpecialK is the missing piece of the puzzle. When he is fit and playing we have at least a 5 goal swing in our favour as a team!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #228
If he could stay on the park for more than 30 seconds, Krooz would be well worth a look as Captain.

I reckon that might have been the long term plan when we first drafted him...Big Nick, Fitzy, Sticks...having a big bloke as your skipper has worked for us.
Pity he couldnt stay on the park and develop as a player and as a leader...

Reply #229
I reckon that might have been the long term plan when we first drafted him...Big Nick, Fitzy, Sticks...having a big bloke as your skipper has worked for us.
Pity he couldnt stay on the park and develop as a player and as a leader...

I think you're right EB.

Reply #230
I'm an admirer of Kreuzer but we are thinking of naming a bloke nicknamed "Humphrey" as in B Bear, the captain?
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #231
I'm an admirer of Kreuzer but we are thinking of naming a bloke nicknamed "Humphrey" as in B Bear, the captain?

Especially remembering how he got that name - he never says anything.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #232

I thought the exact same thing a few moments ago. Then I remember what I have seen from him on the field blocking and knocking other small mids around at a stoppage. How much more does he have to say, than try this once in a while. The other one about bears in the woods. "Yes they do". ;)
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #233

I don't know how much or how little he talks, but I thought he was called Humphrey because of his face, especially his eyes and mouth ? I'm sure I saw a side by side photo of Krooz and the Bear somewhere, which gave the impression that this is the origin of the name.

At any rate, I believe he also has another nickname - Tractor.

Reply #234
Humphrey was because he wouldn't say anything but he has come out of shell a bit.

Tractor is also right.

If he can get his game back, he is a good combination of grunt and ability. Not sure how keen he would be on the media stuff.

Reply #237
The article says we "are being led by former captain Chris Judd". Is this yet another example of how Murphy is not acknowledged/recognised as a worthy captain or am I missing something.

Well there is a difference between a captain and a spiritual leader, refer the Hodge and Mitchell example at the Hawks.

The other interesting observation was that Juddy lacks that warmth or common touch that make/made others much more successful as captains/leaders. He seems to be more aloof and relies on leading more by example.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #238
Well there is a difference between a captain and a spiritual leader, refer the Hodge and Mitchell example at the Hawks.

The other interesting observation was that Juddy lacks that warmth or common touch that make/made others much more successful as captains/leaders. He seems to be more aloof and relies on leading more by example.

Geez I wish we had a Sam Mitchell problem