Skip to main content
Topic: Pre-Game Prattle: AFL Rd 10: Carlton vs St Kilda at Marvel (Read 24227 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre-Game Prattle: AFL Rd 10: Carlton vs St Kilda at Marvel

Reply #45
We have been the Saints bitches for years. I don't know where all the confidence comes from, we will probably get done by 5-6 goals. Its at Marvel where we have a shocking record, dont know where the circuit breaker will come from. Jones is another f/n away, the "stable back 6" is not there.
For mine

Outs: Murph, LOB, Ed, Charlie, Dow

Ins: Anyone with a pulse (not Polson) and who gives a fark about the jumper.

They have a lot of injuries, Stevens who has been a monkey player for us for years isnt there and they dont have a recognized ruckman.
Things are so bad they will probably have to rush Sam Rowe after injury back in this week to help out down back and in the ruck.

Dont see them dropping Dow, Charlie or Ed....

Reply #46
Really hope we win.
That's all I've got...it's doing my head in. :-\

Reply #47
They have a lot of injuries, Stevens who has been a monkey player for us for years isnt there and they dont have a recognized ruckman.
Things are so bad they will probably have to rush Sam Rowe after injury back in this week to help out down back and in the ruck.

Dont see them dropping Dow, Charlie or Ed....
I thought it couldn't get any lower than after the GC game, then came the stinker v Norf, then a stinkier one v GWS. We seem to find ways to outdo previous stinkiness. We must arrest this trend. We must also arrest the trend of running players into form. We need to keep Billings and Gresham on a tight chain.
As for Charles, he is dead set taking the piss ATM. Word on the street a while back was that he was off the rails which I laughed off. I am now starting to wonder.
Doc and Crippa kicked the coaches out of the room Monday morning and had stern words with the players. I hope they hit them right between the eyes because Sundays effort was unjustifiable, the excuses are over. I hope they had the hard conversations about careers being on the line and the coaches neck being on the block. If it's a case that they want him gone (despicable if true), keep dishing up that embarrassing tripe and its only a matter of time. I was confident at the start of the year, I really was. All of a sudden, I have this feeling its going to get a whole lot worse. Hope to God I'm wrong but...
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #48
I thought it couldn't get any lower than after the GC game, then came the stinker v Norf, then a stinkier one v GWS. We seem to find ways to outdo previous stinkiness. We must arrest this trend. We must also arrest the trend of running players into form. We need to keep Billings and Gresham on a tight chain.
As for Charles, he is dead set taking the piss ATM. Word on the street a while back was that he was off the rails which I laughed off. I am now starting to wonder.
Doc and Crippa kicked the coaches out of the room Monday morning and had stern words with the players. I hope they hit them right between the eyes because Sundays effort was unjustifiable, the excuses are over. I hope they had the hard conversations about careers being on the line and the coaches neck being on the block. If it's a case that they want him gone (despicable if true), keep dishing up that embarrassing tripe and its only a matter of time. I was confident at the start of the year, I really was. All of a sudden, I have this feeling its going to get a whole lot worse. Hope to God I'm wrong but...

On a good day....he hasn't even been ordinary yet....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #49
Revised Out
Murphy
O’Brien
Macreadie
Casboult
Dow

In
Lang
Cuningham
Plowman
Simpson
Kennedy

Reply #50
I'll be disgusted if Charlie Curnow gets a game...
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #51
Revised Out
Murphy
O’Brien
Macreadie
Casboult
Dow

In
Lang
Cuningham
Plowman
Simpson
Kennedy

Beginning to feel like shuffling deck chairs.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #52
Revised Out
Murphy
O’Brien
Macreadie
Casboult
Dow

In
Lang
Cuningham
Plowman
Simpson
Kennedy
I'm hearing Cuningham unlikely to be ready for this week, Plowman 50-50. I've also heard from VFL watchers that Kennedy hasn't been that impressive for the NB's, although he has been in the best a few times? He also hasn't played for 2 weeks (will be 3 weeks by the time we play on Sunday) so not sure if that affects whether they would bring him? straight in.

Reply #53
I'm hearing Cuningham unlikely to be ready for this week, Plowman 50-50. I've also heard from VFL watchers that Kennedy hasn't been that impressive for the NB's, although he has been in the best a few times? He also hasn't played for 2 weeks (will be 3 weeks by the time we play on Sunday) so not sure if that affects whether they would bring him? straight in.
Kennedy is still a better option than LOB at the moment and adds a bigger body to our undersized midfield rotations.

Reply #54
Those ins/outs will do....best of a bad bunch though. I'd be still tempted to play Goddard. Marchbank offers absolutely nothing as a physical key defender. I'd happily drop Charlie and play Casboult forward and backup ruckman and bring Goddard in down back to play on Bruce and have Weitering on Membrey.

Still not sold on Lang being anything other than a depth player and right now we haven't got any depth so he probably gets a gig.

None of O'Brien or Macreadie and even Down should be back in the team until they've shown something in the VFL, including some decent foot skills.

Reply #55
I fear Richo and Ratten will disassemble our MC like a Lego building under attack from a baseball bat wielding leotard clad has-been radio host! :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #56
Gotta select the most senior side possible and play only form players (remember, BB, your pledge that we'd only play form blokes?).

Charlie is out of form and does not deserve a game.

However...

After the 'home truths' session the players have run you'd think we'll come out breathing fire and some mongrel. We know our best is good enough to wipe the floor with the Aints. (Does worry me when these player run home truths sessions are at least not facilitated by a suitably qualified and experienced person.... and that it seems the players MAY have lost confidence in their coaches, with their non invitation!!!)
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #57
Gotta select the most senior side possible and play only form players (remember, BB, your pledge that we'd only play form blokes?).

Charlie is out of form and does not deserve a game.

However...

After the 'home truths' session the players have run you'd think we'll come out breathing fire and some mongrel. We know our best is good enough to wipe the floor with the Aints. (Does worry me when these player run home truths sessions are at least not facilitated by a suitably qualified and experienced person.... and that it seems the players MAY have lost confidence in their coaches, with their non invitation!!!)

I think that Lang and Fasolo have to play this week, and the Energiser Bunny (Polson) deserves another crack.

As for Charlie, I’m not convinced that his form is all that bad.  He is getting the defensive attention that a key forward has to put up with and we’re still struggling with a forward structure that provides mutual support and exploits over emphasis on one or two players.  I had hoped that Teague would have this sorted but we’ve got a way to go and getting hammered in the midfield doesn’t help.

I have a different take on the players’ meeting.  Firstly, our leaders have had the best available leadership training and facilitating a meeting should be second nature.  Secondly, it was important for the playing group to take ownership of the poor performance against GWS.  Thirdly, you have to wonder whether the meeting was cooked up by Bolton, Cripps and Docherty  :-\
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #58
The secrecy of it all would bother me ... and it should scare others into some form of action.

Reply #59
I think that Lang and Fasolo have to play this week, and the Energiser Bunny (Polson) deserves another crack.

I'm not too overjoyed at the VFL report, they said they used Lang inside for 30 possessions with 8 or 10 clearances.

If that's Lang's idea of inside, it's closer to Tutt than Cripps, he basically played the sweeper role like SPS does! That's not "inside" it's "in the vicinity!"

Based on what I saw if they put Lang into the midfield instead of say Dow or Setterfield the load will further increase on Cripps!
The Force Awakens!