Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Rd 2 Pre Game Panic Carlton vs Melbourne (Read 42127 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Rd 2 Pre Game Panic Carlton vs Melbourne

Reply #60
Why do you assume that we would have picked the same player?

I don't. We probably would've picked some other bloke who never played a game instead.

Point is, just because OUR side of the trade didn't work out, doesn't mean we lost the trade.

Reply #61
In other news, The Demons don't look that crash hot against the Aints.
We just might be a chance.

Indeed. I don't have any access to watch the game, but they staged a good 2nd q comeback, it looks like they're doing ok on the scoreboard and the stats.

If you have any vision of the game, please let me know your thoughts. Both the Dees and Saints are finals bound according to most "experts".

Reply #62
Indeed. I don't have any access to watch the game, but they staged a good 2nd q comeback, it looks like they're doing ok on the scoreboard and the stats.

If you have any vision of the game, please let me know your thoughts. Both the Dees and Saints are finals bound according to most "experts".

Melbourne kicked away in the 3rd. Both teams making basic skill errors. Poor decision making.
St kinda engine room shut down in the 3rd

Reply #63
I don't. We probably would've picked some other bloke who never played a game instead.

Point is, just because OUR side of the trade didn't work out, doesn't mean we lost the trade.

Win or lose, trading away pick 7 for spuds is a bad trade in anyone's language given that we knew exactly what we were getting.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #64
Melbourne kicked away in the 3rd. Both teams making basic skill errors. Poor decision making.
St kinda engine room shut down in the 3rd

Thanks matey. Dees are 35 points to the good as I write. I can't see us beating them if they're doing this to the Saints, but I'm very happy to be surprised next week.

Reply #65
Demons had an easy win, Brisbane crapping on GC,  Bumblers beating Hawks,  Collingwood pushed the Premiers.
It doesn't look like there are any easybeats with the possible exception of us, we really need to make a statement this week.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #66
Demons had an easy win, Brisbane crapping on GC,  Bumblers beating Hawks,  Collingwood pushed the Premiers.
It doesn't look like there are any easybeats with the possible exception of us, we really need to make a statement this week.

Thinking the same thing, we might have improved but so have everyone else and looking for possible wins isnt easy....

GC and Brisbane down here in Melb I think is our best bet....

Reply #67
Thinking the same thing, we might have improved but so have everyone else and looking for possible wins isnt easy....

GC and Brisbane down here in Melb I think is our best bet....

Not so sure. Watching the games so far, our skills were bad but so are all the other teams. Both saints. And demons looked horrible. The score line is flattering.
Gc and Brisbane - both have a lot of improving to do. Hawks are not the same team. Age + new players - experience = loss to bombers. Bombers looked ok at times but only because hawks midfield allowed them to.
It'll be interesting to see the games tomorrow
If freo does a number on Geelong I'm calling now, Freo v gws grand final.

Reply #68
It's hard to see us beating anyone on Thursday night's effort, it was a very meek performance.
How far off is Byrne by the way?

Reply #69
Byrne originally expected mid-season. Usually a 1yr injury, give or take.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #70
Byrne originally expected mid-season. Usually a 1yr injury, give or take.

shortest 8-9 months i read somewhere....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #71
shortest 8-9 months i read somewhere....

Here's hoping. He'll be a great addition.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #72
I probably sound like a broken record, but raise the intensity a gear or 2 and we might just get a glimpse of what the talent that we have is capable of !!

A 2nd half hearted effort in a row will......... I don't even want to think about it.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #73
We need to run and spread harder. WBs do it and finish their game exhausteds. Even CheatsFC did it to the Hawks last night, were out of interchanges but kept running hard to space. Looked knackered after the game. Our blokes looked liked they hadnt even played a game.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #74
I think that Bolton and the match committee need to get fair dinkum.
Armfield and Casboult barely touched the ball in the first half when the game was being lost and Ed Curnow was filthy all night.
Performances like those from senior players are unacceptable and set a poor example, they should pay the price with a few weeks in the VFL.
McKay can get his shot, someone like Buckley, Lamb or Boekhorst couldn't be any worse than Armfield and even though Graham is limited he'll have more impact than Curnow.
We need to stop spectating while teams take games away from us.