Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Rd 7: After Match Analysis: Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 35416 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Rd 7: After Match Analysis: Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #45
Did someone say you were a hard man.

Henry Ford had a proposal before him and the Ford Motor company board in the early days which every board member endorsed and could find no fault with.
Henry being the wise businessman that he was said surely there is one of you who can find a fault with this plan even a small one, no one could, so he said so lets think about it and  meet again in one months time and vote on the proposal.....4 weeks later it was rejected.

Reply #46
Henry Ford had a proposal before him and the Ford Motor company board in the early days which every board member endorsed and could find no fault with.
Henry being the wise businessman that he was said surely there is one of you who can find a fault with this plan even a small one, no one could, so he said so lets think about it and  meet again in one months time and vote on the proposal.....4 weeks later it was rejected.

Four weeks then :)

Reply #47
Holy Cow, we are a game out of the eight WTF? :o ;D

You need to be more optimistic.....only 2 games from the top 4...lol.

Reply #48
WOW. Just WOW.

If Samo doesn't get the RS nomination, the system is broken. Sensational vision, strength, decision making, and disposal for a kid in his first year. He's also showing endurance beyond his stage of development - did he run through the middle for a while? So exciting to watch his development. It's a beautiful looking curve - up - up...... Sky's the limit. Congratulations Samo. You're doing all bluebaggers very proud.

Our defense was excellent. The seniors are doing a sterling job nurturing our young stars. Take a bow again COS. Shout out also to Lachie Plowman.

Our mids can take a bow. Murphy, Gibbs, Kruez played like no. 1 picks ::)
Crippa's a ripper. I thought Kerridge, Smedts, and Graham earned their spot. Ed  always gives 100%, but was a standout today.

Levi played like I'm dreaming he'll play - don't wake me until September ;)
He's leading by example, as did fresh Daisy. Young Charlie is building nicely and Weiters looked comfortable up fwd.

In all, loving the cohesion and "we" approach. The skills and decision making, and finally the finishing off are all indicators of real progress. I couldn't be happier.

Winners are grinners. Grin away bluebaggers ;D ;D ;D
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #49
I was happy with my own performance today. I managed to "trigger" every pies supporter in a 20m radius lol

I ran my mouth for 4 qtrs straight and finally got to them with about 5mins to go in the last.

It was glorious!!! Complete meltdown!!!

And I didn't even have to cuss, the scoreboard did the job.

Reply #50
I was happy with my own performance today. I managed to "trigger" every pies supporter in a 20m radius lol

I ran my mouth for 4 qtrs straight and finally got to them with about 5mins to go in the last.

It was glorious!!! Complete meltdown!!!

And I didn't even have to cuss, the scoreboard did the job.

WOW silkguy
Sounds like you had a blinder today. Congratulations. You know the real champions. They achieve success and it looks, well, effortless :))
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #51
I've hated many clubs over the years with fluctuations in the level of that hate based on the circumstances of the time (I really disliked St Kilda more than anyone for a long while). However I've never forgotten my inherit long inbred abhorrence of the Collingwood Football Club. So it is with great pleasure I sit here after finishing a couple off bottles of plonk and say well done boys ..... well done.
If we only win 2 games a year let the first one be Collingwood and the second one ..... Collingwood.
Thanks to Eddie (Maguire not Betts) for having that beautiful purple melon head that just about splits every time we beat your rabble. That vision just about does it for me. Up yours. Your stinkin cessation plan failed. You're a brick.
Stinkin experts had us winning the spoon. Up yours. You have no idea,
Media, would be nice to tune into the shows this week and have something more about the CFC than just a conciliatory acknowledgement of "they were good". Probably be more about how Collingwood had to play too many games. Bite me!
Really good signs. Go Blues.

Reply #52
Love it rocky.

Reply #53
It amazes me that Simmo is not talked about in the same way that ppl speak of Fyfe, Pendlebury, Selwood etc.

Simmo is an out and out superstar. I'm too scared to think about what our club would have been like without him over the last 5yrs. What he has been able to do in this game, with his body type & the brave way he plays, is nothing short of incredible. He is the Quarterback of our team. He showed it again today. Composed at all times, organising (with Docherty)  and those young kids like Williamson, Ploughman and Marchbank are gonna learn so much from him.

And that goal....with the little shimmy to fool the defender........

Yes. I do have Man Love for Simmo.
JC

Reply #54
Not too much more to add, thought Kerrdge used the footy well today (not something you can always accuse him of), but Smedts.....nup, not for me, too many errors, bad decisions, bad executions, thought his failings shone out like a beacon today.

Great signs from so many young players. Williamson is a ripper btw.

I was in the MCC, Level 1, very pro-Carlton and the ovation Daisy rec'd when he came off after his goal....it was brilliant and he couldn't wipe the smile off his face. If you watch the replay, every goal whereby Daisy is in camera shot....look at his reaction, this meant a lot to him.

Kreuzer was colossal today, Mason Cox is nothing but a tall streak of misery, he is schithouse, what a waste of space.

Ed Curnow....brilliant. Pendlebury usually has his way with us and today he had 27 of the most meaningless possessions ever. Then once he'd done the job on him, he went to Treloar and did the same.

Just a nice day all round wasn't it!?
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #55
I've hated many clubs over the years with fluctuations in the level of that hate based on the circumstances of the time (I really disliked St Kilda more than anyone for a long while). However I've never forgotten my inherit long inbred abhorrence of the Collingwood Football Club. So it is with great pleasure I sit here after finishing a couple off bottles of plonk and say well done boys ..... well done.
If we only win 2 games a year let the first one be Collingwood and the second one ..... Collingwood.
Thanks to Eddie (Maguire not Betts) for having that beautiful purple melon head that just about splits every time we beat your rabble. That vision just about does it for me. Up yours. Your stinkin cessation plan failed. You're a brick.
Stinkin experts had us winning the spoon. Up yours. You have no idea,
Media, would be nice to tune into the shows this week and have something more about the CFC than just a conciliatory acknowledgement of "they were good". Probably be more about how Collingwood had to play too many games. Bite me!
Really good signs. Go Blues.
Well said Ol' Boy.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #56
I liked the interview after the game with SPS and King.
Sam spoke very well and had Kings measure, was the first to put his hand out to shake at the end too. Handled himself very well. Liked it. :)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #57
It amazes me that Simmo is not talked about in the same way that ppl speak of Fyfe, Pendlebury, Selwood etc.

Simmo is an out and out superstar. I'm too scared to think about what our club would have been like without him over the last 5yrs. What he has been able to do in this game, with his body type & the brave way he plays, is nothing short of incredible. He is the Quarterback of our team. He showed it again today. Composed at all times, organising (with Docherty)  and those young kids like Williamson, Ploughman and Marchbank are gonna learn so much from him.

And that goal....with the little shimmy to fool the defender........

Yes. I do have Man Love for Simmo.
I have said it plenty of times, he is my ALL TIME, yes ALL TIME, favorite Carlton player. If you had em all lined up against the wall to pick a side, on appearance you wouldn't pee on Simmo if he was on fire. But knowing what I know after 15 years and 260 plus games, I would pick him first every day of the week and twice on Sundays. The term heart and soul is sometimes used very loosely, however it is very apt for young Simmo.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #58
You need to be more optimistic.....only 2 games from the top 4...lol.

I was going to say 2 games from Richmond but their game was still going  ;D

But what the heck
Holy Cow we are only 2 games from Richmond WTF?  :o 8)  ;D

Reply #59
Haven't we had times where we had two 6 day breaks or are they talking about something different? :o