Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 5: Pre-Game Pessimism: Carlton vs West Coast (Read 18952 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 5: Pre-Game Pessimism: Carlton vs West Coast

Reply #45
While I think Phillips is a monty based on Kreuzer's fitness, I really hope Rowe isn't called up. Never been a fan of his and from what I saw on Sunday he didn't fill me with any great confidence that he was ready for a return. Had to laugh at the Le Bois Polson comment, I actually thought Polson was better last week and Le Bois was getting plenty of the ball that I saw.

I can tell you now that Rowe is playing, Kreuzer's not and think they said Kennedy is out too. I wouldn't mind Alex Silvagni playing too when he's fit.

4 of our top 5 from last year's B & F aren't playing. Of course Gibbs is gone and Docherty is out for the year, but it's a fair bit of ability at the top end.

Reply #46
In

Sam Rowe, Sam Kerridge, Jed Lamb, Harry McKay, Andrew Phillips

Out

Jacob Weitering (Injured), David Cuningham (Omitted), Nick Graham (Omitted), Matthew Kennedy (Injured), Matthew Kreuzer (Injured)

Reply #47
Cunningham omitted, fmd, the bloke needs continuity, not even an emergency & there is no VFL game this week so he doesn’t play anywhere???????? Finally Harry gets a gig, but he’ll be omitted after 1 game , just watch and see! Was thinking of going, but the longer the week has gone, the less interested I became, particularly given the start time.

Reply #48
B: Plowman, Jones, Mullett

HB: O’Shea, Rowe, Simpson

C: Fisher, Dow, Kerridge

HF: Lamb, Casboult, Curnow

F: McKay, Curnow, Wright

FOLL: Phillips, Cripps, Petrevski-Seton

I/C: O’Brien, Garlett, Thomas, Silvagni

EMG: Kerr, Shaw, Graham, Lebois

IN: Rowe, Kerridge, Lamb, McKay, Phillips

OUT: Cuningham, Weitering, Kennedy, Kreuzer, Graham

Reply #49
Mullet gets a game and Cunningham is omitted. Bolton is a muppet

Reply #50
With Harry and Levi in I'd say Charlie is going to play alot more midfield.

Reply #51
Cunningham omitted, fmd, the bloke needs continuity, not even an emergency & there is no VFL game this week so he doesn’t play anywhere???????? Finally Harry gets a gig, but he’ll be omitted after 1 game , just watch and see! Was thinking of going, but the longer the week has gone, the less interested I became, particularly given the start time.

Surprised myself by Cunningham's omission tbh. He was far from our worst imo. Anyway..........
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #52
Cuningham must be doing something or not doing something that we can't see or don't know about, has to be not following coaches instructions or something similar

Reply #53
Just looking at the nett changes, and taking into account late out of Murphy last week, I;m concerned we're going to be too slow and too tall

Reply #54
I'd like Cunningham ahead of Mullet, Alex Silvagni ahead of O'Shea but he's probably not ready, and Marchbank ahead of Jones if he wasn't injured. Defence would look better and quicker.

Reply #55
At some stage or another, our MC and coaching panel are going to have to put their ego aside and play talent. Cunningham omission is quite frustrating. As a member, I would like to know what benefit there is by not allowing cunners to string 5-6 games together.
It just seems that we have all this talent but don’t have them playing in their positions

Reply #56
If we don't score do we have to drop our dacks?
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #58
Mullet gets a game and Cunningham is omitted. Bolton is a muppet

Seems a bit of a whipping boy is Cuningham, thought he went ok vs Nth and was better than most, Mullet isnt contributing much
and looks out of his depth having to defend, rather than just accumulate easy receives...
Kruezer out is going to hurt us given NitWits form....Weitering injured or dropped? or is too hard to drop a No 1 pick...

Reply #59
Just looking at the nett changes, and taking into account late out of Murphy last week, I;m concerned we're going to be too slow and too tall
Not too dissimilar to the Richmond game...