Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Parley-2019 AFL Rd 2: Carlton vs Port Adelaide:  (Read 17267 times) previous topic - next topic

Post Game Parley-2019 AFL Rd 2: Carlton vs Port Adelaide:

Read for next weekend. I hope to be ready, but I'm organized if I'm not.
Hoping this thread is to celebrate our first win for the season.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: 2019 AFL Rd 2: Carlton vs Port Adelaide: Post Game Parley

Reply #1
Use this one now guys.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #2
My sanity and liver can’t take much more of these signs though. If we’d had a respectable second quarter and lost I may have coped, but this was more proof we’re not on track.

Yes, I appreciate that it seems like a never ending rebuild. And it may indeed end up being that. But this year (to me at least) already feels like an improvement from last year. Even the ball movement in the 1stq and other times in the match are signs of improvement IMO. Our list this year is better than last year etc.

Reply #3
To answer professor, sorry if Murphy can't tackle then he needs to go now.

Bring in another Gibbons who will put in 100% and free up the cap for an actual gun not a former one.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #4

Thought we would win as I dont rate Port but Weitering stood up, Cripps was his usual self, Harry's marking was great, McGovern contributed, SPS had a decent game and I'll even credit my whipping boy Polson witha good goal and he made a good tackle or two as well and wasnt our worst.
Philips was handy but Lycett and Ryder wore him down...Ports kids surprised as well....Butters, Rozee and Dursma are not a bad pickup......
Tough in the wet and the Port bigger bodies helped...Motlop's class finishing was part of the difference as well....

Losing Charlie hurt us more than Port losing Amon and Watts, we lost structure and it will be interesting how Bolton structures the team vs the Swans next week....

I dont see him being sacked this season either....think we need to acknowledge the comp is tighter than we thought and other teams have improved more than we envisaged...

Reply #5
At this rate we’ll struggle to keep Crippa at the club. 2 weeks now we have been overrun by a side with a player less than us in the last qtr. Simply out coached. Bolton May be a great development coach, and yes I can see the improvement in the players, our game plan is simply not good enough. We are consistently the prey, the hunted, instead of being the hunters.
I was against getting rid of Ratten and I wouldn’t be against offering Ratten the job again.

Reply #6
This all all good against decent sides. We do it often. It's only ok though if we beat the sides we should. Issue is we don't. 

Reply #7
Thought we would win as I dont rate Port but Weitering stood up, Cripps was his usual self, Harry's marking was great, McGovern contributed, SPS had a decent game and I'll even credit my whipping boy Polson witha good goal and he made a good tackle or two as well and wasnt our worst.
Philips was handy but Lycett and Ryder wore him down...Ports kids surprised as well....Butters, Rozee and Dursma are not a bad pickup......
Tough in the wet and the Port bigger bodies helped...Motlop's class finishing was part of the difference as well....

Losing Charlie hurt us more than Port losing Amon and Watts, we lost structure and it will be interesting how Bolton structures the team vs the Swans next week....

I dont see him being sacked this season either....think we need to acknowledge the comp is tighter than we thought and other teams have improved more than we envisaged...

Yep.

This sums it up.  We were ok for a young side.

The problem I'm seeing is that Walsh is already gone past many a seasoned player in our team.

He's a first year player.

Have we molly coddled too many?

Or is lack of competition for sports an issue.?
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Re: Post Game Parley-2019 AFL Rd 2: Carlton vs Port Adelaide:

Reply #8
5 successive Carltin matches from Europe, 5 losses. Best I get home...lol.

Reply #9
Yep.

This sums it up.  We were ok for a young side.

The problem I'm seeing is that Walsh is already gone past many a seasoned player in our team.

He's a first year player.

Have we molly coddled too many?

Or is lack of competition for sports an issue.?

Just the difference between a genuine young gun and ordinary AFL footballers.

Reply #10
SPS spent a lot of time as a defender today for menI think itbwas his best game I have seen him play. We stuck at it but Port just too mature and strong for us. Encouraged by our efforts but was the rain the great leveller?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #11
SPS is a class player and will get better.

Murphy and Simpson are holding us back. Time to chop the dead wood.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #12
I hate Port, I hate losing, I hate every team we lose to.
Therefore I hate 17 other teams  >:D >:(
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #13
Samo played 3 quarters of an excellent game. Went completely missing for 1 quarter there.

Jeeeeeeeeez..... those umpires.

Plowman gets position on Ebert in the goalsquare - no worries - just grab his jumper and throw him out of the way. Goal.

Harry looks like touching his opponent in the ruck - goal.

At least 3 more but those were blatant.

Gov burned Harry in the square once and Polson snapped when Walsh had a set shot from 30m straight in front.

One that got away.

Reply #14
SPS is a class player and will get better.

Murphy and Simpson are holding us back. Time to chop the dead wood.

Plowman did so well keeping Gray quiet but was a complete liability at other times. Ducked his head and dropped an easy mark early - pathetic.