Skip to main content
Topic: Doing a Bradbury (Read 985 times) previous topic - next topic

Doing a Bradbury

My son recently introduced me to the ABC series, “Australian Epic”.  If you haven’t seen it, it’s an exploration of several Australian historical events through the medium of musical comedy.

I have only watched the Steven Bradbury episode, but it is a ripper.  If you want a light-hearted but factual account of how Australia’s first Winter Olympics gold medal was won, give it a go.  Bradbury may have been lucky but his gold medal was well-deserved.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Re: Doing a Bradbury

Reply #1
^^  Fortune favours the brave.

You can only do what is within your control, and there is no shame winning with a bit of luck.

You still have to put yourself in a position to capitalise.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #2
^^  Fortune favours the brave.

You can only do what is within your control, and there is no shame winning with a bit of luck.

You still have to put yourself in a position to capitalise.

Bradbury has often talked about the decades worth of hard yakka he had to put in, including nearly dying on the ice from blood loss when he had his thigh slashed, all just to put himself in the position to get that little bit of luck.

Reply #3
Bradbury has often talked about the decades worth of hard yakka he had to put in, including nearly dying on the ice from blood loss when he had his thigh slashed, all just to put himself in the position to get that little bit of luck.

That is depicted so well in the show, as is his broken neck and recovery just in time for the Olympics.

The other episodes in the series are:

2. Princess Mary (Mary Donaldson of Tasmania/Denmark).

3. Pistol and Boo (Barnaby Joyce vs Johnny Depp).

4. The Wheel (Melbourne's giant Ferris wheel).

5. Our Schapelle (Corby).

6. The Tampa (kids overboard).

I've only watched the first episode but the others would be worth watching if they're of the same standard.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball