Skip to main content
Topic: Suns accuse Carrazzo of kneeing (Read 7575 times) previous topic - next topic

Suns accuse Carrazzo of kneeing

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/andrew-carrazzo-accused-of-kneeing-michael-rischitelli-by-gold-coast-suns-on-saturday/story-fndv8hfz-1227020943049

THE Gold Coast Suns are fuming over an off-the-ball kneeing incident from Carlton’s Andrew Carrazzo that forced veteran Michael Rischitelli to be subbed out of Saturday’s game and has him in doubt to take on Port Adelaide this weekend.

The match review panel last night suspended Hawthorn’s Coleman medal leader Jarryd Roughead for one match for tripping Melbourne’s Dom Tyson – but found Carrazzo had no case to answer for the knee to Rischitelli’s hip that left the Gold Coast vice-captain still hobbling yesterday and expected to be unable to train all week.
AFL spokesman Patrick Keane confirmed the panel had looked into the incident but did not believe an offence had been committed.
The incident was spotted by several Suns interchange and bench officials who were furious and sparked a boundary side blow-up in which Rischitelli hurled abuse at Carrazzo.

He is believed to have accused the Blues tagger of a dog act and was forcibly restrained by an interchange official.
Rischitelli was assigned a tagging job on Blues captain Marc Murphy. The game was just minutes old when Carrazzo, in a crude blocking attempt well off the ball, ran across Rischitelli’s path and kneed him in the hip.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Re: Suns accuse Carrazzo of kneeing

Reply #1
No doubt Rischitelli wasn't using crude tactics to stop Murph was he? You want to play tagger you deal with what comes your way, Carrazzo knows all about that.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #2
They showed a replay on FC last night and even rewinding and slowing it down I couldn't tell what had happened.

Regardless it looked like Rischetelli ran in to Carazzo anyway

Reply #3
Can't say I can even recall the incident. I'll look for it if I an get to see the replay, but from the sounds of things I might be pushing it.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #4
Happens 50 times a game, not a good look for GCS to go the bleat. The beginning of a traditional rivalry? Gee I hope so!!!
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #5
That will teach Rischitelli for not coming to Carlton  :)  

Reply #6
So Carlton is now protecting our good players from taggers. about time too.

Reply #8
incident from Carlton’s Andrew Carrazzo that forced veteran Michael Rischitelli

Some of these media scribes like to blow things up more than is needed.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #9
For too long our players haven't done enough to protect our primary ball winners. I like Carazzo's intent - well done.

Reply #10
incident from Carlton’s Andrew Carrazzo that forced veteran Michael Rischitelli

Some of these media scribes like to blow things up more than is needed.

Well compared to the rest of their list.....

:P
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #11
This is what you get when artificial clubs devoid of culture join a long term competition full of traditional clubs.

The newbies become a bunch of whingers, bleating like lost sheep, because they thought they could come in and be immediate winners!

Suck it up GC, you ain't all that! ;)

As much as I hate Crowley, this incident with GC just highlights how much of a man he is compared to Rischitelli! Men hand it out and take it, boys and girls scream like stuck pigs! (The last line reminds me of Hird!)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #12
Sorry,  but Carrazzo did knee him. 

Reply #13
Saw on TV that Rischitelli was absolutely doing his block at the Blues bench, where Carrazzo was presumably seated (I couldn't see him there).

He was clearly incensed about the incident so I guess there was plenty in it. Bad luck, we've copped enough in our time. Good to see the message getting out loud and clear, "touch one of ours and see what you get!"
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #14
Saw on TV that Rischitelli was absolutely doing his block at the Blues bench, where Carrazzo was presumably seated (I couldn't see him there).

He was clearly incensed about the incident so I guess there was plenty in it. Bad luck, we've copped enough in our time. Good to see the message getting out loud and clear, "touch one of ours and see what you get!"

Agree, and it needed to happen. Very happy to see it !! :)
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!