Skip to main content
Topic: NAB Challenge Rd #2: Carlton vs. Collingwood at QEO (Read 47913 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: NAB Challenge Rd #2: Carlton vs. Collingwood at QEO

Reply #15
http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2015-03-12/carltons-lineup-bolstered

Vice-captains Bryce Gibbs and Michael Jamison come into the side, along with Lachie Henderson, Andrew Carrazzo and Chris Judd.

First-year players Blaine Boekhorst and Clem Smith retain their place in the squad, along with fellow newcomers Matthew Dick, Kristian Jaksch and Jason Tutt

Reply #16
Dick and Tutt looked way out of their depth vs West Coast so they need to improve and Watson needs to prove his game vs Essendon wasnt a fluke...

Reply #17
That's some quality coming in but I wouldn't be surprised that the older guys just go for a trott, get a sweat going and call it a day.

A win over Collingwood is always nice though

Reply #18
No Dale Thomas for the second week in a row?  Good management, or something else??

Reply #19
Good call TC.

Article today saying Daisy had his best preseason for ages...yet still not playing??

Did he play intraclub?
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #20
No Dale Thomas for the second week in a row?  Good management, or something else??

Don't mind it so long as he hits the season proper in stellar form. If he's quoted as being underdone then we have issues.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #21
Only 4 short of our best side for this game.
Walks, Murphy,  Kreuz & Daisy.
There should be some hot competition for the last couple  of spots for Rnd 1.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #22
Need to build momentum.... a good showing will suffice, I wouldnt expect a full strength team just some more of the regulars though back in
to steady the ship. Be nice to make it a close match then win the last NAB game and go into round 1 of the regular season with some form and confidence...
Important that players like Jones, Boekhorst etc do something in these next games and demand a place in the round 1 team....

Bit dissapointing to see Waite do well for North, Eddie was good for the Crows and even Kane Lambert(ex Northern Blues) made a good start for the Tigers.....we need our recruits or at least a couple of them to play well and give the fans something to build some hope for the future and some concrete evidence we have improved.

If Lambert was to star for the Tigers in Round1 and say Boekhorst played a shocker it would be very disheartening for the faithful....

I agree EB. Spot on.

Gotta get Cripps playing well, Graham's another, Boekhorst too as a 21 year old.

We need some new blokes and existing younger guys to shine.

Kane Lambert was one bloke I was keen on for a couple of years and thought we could have done with him even as a rookie but I'm prepared to give the likes of Gowers and Walsh a crack.

Reply #23
Need to build momentum.... a good showing will suffice, I wouldnt expect a full strength team just some more of the regulars though back in
to steady the ship. Be nice to make it a close match then win the last NAB game and go into round 1 of the regular season with some form and confidence...
Important that players like Jones, Boekhorst etc do something in these next games and demand a place in the round 1 team....

Bit dissapointing to see Waite do well for North, Eddie was good for the Crows and even Kane Lambert(ex Northern Blues) made a good start for the Tigers.....we need our recruits or at least a couple of them to play well and give the fans something to build some hope for the future and some concrete evidence we have improved.

If Lambert was to star for the Tigers in Round1 and say Boekhorst played a shocker it would be very disheartening for the faithful....

I agree EB. Spot on.

Gotta get Cripps playing well, Graham's another, Boekhorst too as a 21 year old.

We need some new blokes and existing younger guys to shine.

Kane Lambert was one bloke I was keen on for a couple of years and thought we could have done with him even as a rookie but I'm prepared to give the likes of Gowers and Walsh a crack.

Pratty, I know you were keen on Lambert and he may be a player that comes back to bite us for ignoring him....Cripps will do well as long he can run out games and not fade due to
fitness issues. Graham is a player who is 50/50 to make it IMO....Micks needs to play him in a few different roles ie midfield, forward and even some tagging jobs to round off his education.
Boekhorst at 21 years of age like I said needs to make an impression as he was recruited as a readymade...being 75kg wont help him inside the packs but his role is run the ball and create.

Reply #24
As much as I would agree we would like these guys to step up, realistically I dislike the idea that we need it.

We need everyone to step up.

Too much has been left to too few in the past. 

We need the guys like Jamison, Walker, Warnock, Murphy, Gibbs, Judd, Armfield, Wood, Casboult, Watson, Henderson, Thomas, Tuohy, Casboult, Rowe, Docherty, Ellard, Carrazzo, Yarran and the more seasoned guys to step up and become reliable players every week.  The newbies can float in and out amongst this lot and play with some patchy form, but these guys have been at the club and playing AFL footy long enough to be consistent performers with minor variance in their game.  Add to that mix blokes like Bell, Jones, Docherty, Jaksch, Menzel and Buckley who have played a few games of AFL footy now and have all been around long enough to play better more frequently and then all we need is the occasional good match from your newbies.  (Ive left Kreuzer out because he needs to get his body right and then we can worry about how he goes.)

Its not fair to put the weight of expectation on blokes like Boekhurst, Skittles and co.  These blokes have just arrived at the club.  Let them find their feet in the world, and who cares if a bloke like Lambert has a better 2015 than them.  We need these guys to have 200 game careers playing elite footy, not a flash in the pan first season and good impressions only to fizzle out and become bit part players for us over the journey.

C'mon Blues, fire up.  Ive reminisced about the days of old a bit of late.  The feeling I miss the most is rocking up not only believing we would win, but knowing we were almost a monty and looking through the team and knowing that these blokes were not just some bit part 150 gamer, but a dead set legend of the club and an icon of the game, and there is only one bloke on our list who fits that bill at the moment and he is on the wrong side of 30.

Sure we have a few potentials but that word has been used to describe our players for far too long.  Potential.  Most overated word in the world I reckon.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #25
As much as I would agree we would like these guys to step up, realistically I dislike the idea that we need it.

We need the guys like Jamison, Walker, Warnock, Murphy, Gibbs, Judd, Armfield, Wood, Casboult, Watson, Henderson, Thomas, Tuohy, Casboult, Rowe, Docherty, Ellard, Carrazzo, Yarran and the more seasoned guys to step up and become reliable players every week.  The newbies can float in and out amongst this lot and play with some patchy form, but these guys have been at the club and playing AFL footy long enough to be consistent performers with minor variance in their game.  Add to that mix blokes like Bell, Jones, Docherty, Jaksch, Menzel and Buckley who have played a few games of AFL footy now and have all been around long enough to play better more frequently and then all we need is the occasional good match from your newbies.  (Ive left Kreuzer out because he needs to get his body right and then we can worry about how he goes.)

Its not fair to put the weight of expectation on blokes like Boekhurst, Skittles and co.  These blokes have just arrived at the club.  Let them find their feet in the world, and who cares if a bloke like Lambert has a better 2015 than them.  We need these guys to have 200 game careers playing elite footy, not a flash in the pan first season and good impressions only to fizzle out and become bit part players for us over the journey.

C'mon Blues, fire up.  Ive reminisced about the days of old a bit of late.  The feeling I miss the most is rocking up not only believing we would win, but knowing we were almost a monty and looking through the team and knowing that these blokes were not just some bit part 150 gamer, but a dead set legend of the club and an icon of the game, and there is only one bloke on our list who fits that bill at the moment and he is on the wrong side of 30.

Sure we have a few potentials but that word has been used to describe our players for far too long.  Potential.  Most overated word in the world I reckon.

Your post made me stand up and salute!!
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #26

I think when you ignore highly regarded youth like Laverde  and go for readymades like Boekhorst you want to see something early to justify that recruiting decision...the bloke who won the brownlow last year was the WAFL version of Lambert, when they are in your backyard and you let them go you need to get it right. Not saying Lambert will be a star but if he has a succesful first season then I dont see him being a flash in the pan either.
Boekhorst is carrying all the pressure and responsibility due to the circumstances of his drafting...no pressure on Lambert at all...
Players like Priddis, Barlow, Puopolo etc delivered in their first season...Boekhorst needs to do similar IMO and not have excuses made for him...

Reply #27
Boekhorst is carrying all the pressure and responsibility due to the circumstances of his drafting...no pressure on Lambert at all...
Players like Priddis, Barlow, Puopolo etc delivered in their first season...Boekhorst needs to do similar IMO and not have excuses made for him...

Boekhorst needs to replicate Daisy in his breakout season which I doubt will be a reality. We really needed another first round pick to justify gambling one away but we've made our bed and will be judged accordingly.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #28
Good post Thry.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #29
No-one interested in this?
 :(

Carlton 1-5-1-40 lead Collingwood 0-4-1-25
Everitt has 3

Yarran doing as he likes